Strollers? One? Two?

mamato3girls

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Disney World in December with our kids and I'm trying to decide on the stroller situation. We have 5 kids and by December they will be 10, 8, 5, and 2 year old twins. I am not the mom who will be shoving my 10 and 8 year old into strollers but I'm kind of wishy washy about the 5 year old. I know we will rent a double for the twins but would you bring a backup for the 5 year old as well? She tends to be a complainer and when she's not happy no one is happy. We've went when our older 2 were 5 and I do remember them riding in the stroller at least occasionally but we already had a double and only one younger sibling so we were only talking about 1 double stroller not 2 separate strollers. So WWYD? We do babywear so I am sure my twins will ride in carriers some. We could rent a double and a single, 2 doubles (so we can use the extra seat to carry all our stuff since strollers never have enough basket space to be effective) or we can rent a double and pick up a basic umbrella stroller that could stay folded and hang it from the handles of the double so we only open it up and push it if needed. I am leaning toward the double and then the hanging umbrella but was curious what others thought.

I'd go with the double and the hanging umbrella as well. It's less to keep track of. Two doubles would be a hassle, especially if you didn't need that fourth seat for a child, try to carry less with you into the parks to make the storage space less of an issue. Good luck with whatever you ultimately decide is best for your family and have fun!

I'm not in the majority on this one but I love the double strollers from the park. I think an umbrella stroller forces their legs together and is somewhat restricting in the seat, are their legs totally covered from the sun in an umbrella? I love the ease of them getting in and out of the park stroller on their own, the room for them to spread out, and the extra space for stuff. My daughter will be 5 when we go and I will be renting a double stroller from the park for all four days, just for her. You can save $3 a day by paying for your rental when you get there instead of paying daily. Its $27-30 per day but this is the first expense that is actually worth every penny to me. I know I could save a ton renting outside the park but none of the rental companies have a stroller comparable, imo.

I have twins who will be 5 when we go in November and my daughter is 2. I will most likely be bringing a double and a umbrella stroller...I would rather push them in a stroller than have them saying their feet/legs are tired the entire time.

I would go with the hanging umbrella stroller especially if you know how your child is and that she is going to complain. When my daughter was 5 we didn't have one for her because we didn't go to the park all day, we took a lot of breaks and only went to the parks a few hours at a time as we stayed in a monorail resort.

I was the mom that did shove my 7 & 8 year old in the stroller when we were there in June. On that note, they didn't ride in the stroller during the day, but it was very nice to have when we were exiting the park at closing if one of them was sleeping or just trying to exit the Magic Kingdom, so many people, I could at least keep track of them. We typically just found a spot at the park and parked the stroller for the day and went and got it later.

I agree with the umbrella stroller just in case. Hanging it off the double's handles isn't really a hassle, we did that two years ago with a snap and go since we had a 4 week old in her car seat and a 4 year old that wanted to walk until she was tired and then was a complainer. I would rather have it and not use it than not have and have to listen to my children complain about being tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter