Strollers on Busses????

about the Combi SUBV

The basket in very large but it is almost to get something very big into it becasue of how the bar is in the back. However they did put little clips o nthe straps for the basket so it can be unfastened and you can access the bag from beneth the bar. This great for when they are sleeping. You can reach everything wiht out moving them. I bought 2 cup holders for the stroller since it doesn't come with any. I like the ones you can buy alone because they tilt to stay level as you go up and down hills.

I have a 6 mo. old dd and a 2 yr. old dd. When going somewhere with Dad that may involve a lot of walking (ie. zoo), dh will carry 2 yr. old or she will walk (or shoulders).

I'm planning on taking two strollers this fall - a small lightweight umbrella for 2 yr. old (doesn't need reclining and all other features) and a larger one with recline and tray for the 6 mo. old.

Another thought: we also travel with backpack - and if its not too hot and a "short" trip (less than an hour or so), I will put one of the girls in that.

Hi!

We just got back on June 15th (VWL). We have an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old. We (after much deliberation) brought our duoglider. Yes, it's big, but the kids were comfortable and were able to sleep. With a front to back you can roll on the monorails, and roll on the larger boats. You can roll on the smaller open air boats if the boat is not crowded and the captain says ok (which we didn't have a problem with usually). As far as the busses go, what we did was have my husband roll the stroller to the handicapped door and I went to the front door with the kids and as long as the bus is already empty from the former passengers, he will open that back door, which is quite a bit wider and easier to get your stroller on board. (does that make sense?) I don't know about your kids, but my older daughter thought she wanted to walk half the time (but of course rans out of steam and needed to ride). If we had brought 2 strollers we would have one person chasing a 2 1/2 year old and pushing an empty stroller, *sigh* no thanks! :) Hot enough down there! with the one stroller she could walk but had a place to go to get out of the sun and it was easier to keep track of 1 stroller. FYI I also saw a lot of those Kolcraft side by side umbrellas that looked nice...only 45-55 dollars... HTH
Jen

Hi!
Great info here! MAybe you can help me!

We are staying at POFQ for ten days and I have been doing the stroller woory for months! We have travel system and jogging stroller - I bought an umbrella and HATED it I am six feet tall with size ten skis so I kept kicking the wheels and felt hunched over - never mind DS who will be 23 months can't nap comfy.

:confused: DS can escape from strollers! Even the harness system on the jogger!:(
Does anyone know of a lightweight stroller with a good tight harness system like in car seats?

Definitely invest in lightweight with tray, shade, basket, and CUP HOLDERS for both babes and parent! Love the cupholders! Did WDW once with lightweight one AND umbrella (two in strollers!). We all fought over who had to push the umbrella one! You can get a nice one for around $40-$50. Cheaper than rentals too!:jester:

I bought a Kolcraft double side-by-side stroller that folds like an umbrella stroller just for our WDW we took in May. My husband didn't like the idea of buying a stroller that might not be used again but during the trip, he admitted it was a good idea. I knew we would have a problem getting our sleeping kids to the car after leaving the park. We avoided the trams whenever possible but when we needed to take them, the stroller folded compactly enough to hold between our legs standing up.

BTW, I've since have used this stroller at Disneyland where you have to take the tram from the parking garage. Otherwise, it's a 1/2 mile walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter