Strollers in the Hallways at Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the previous posters mentioned it, but the doors in a lot of the hotels are really heavy with a strong spring to help close it. Keeping them open and driving through can be problematic I am sure. Getting out with a double stroller can be hard enough! I know some of the accessible rooms probably have this accommodation already, but having the ability to open the door and have it stay open easily would be a good improvement. Even the bell hop have that little contraption that goes non the upper spring mechanism to keep the door open! So I do empathize with those that simply cannot navigate the process.

Are people leaving strollers/ecvs outside their room at the resorts with outside corridors?
YES!! During our week long stay at POP last December the family next door to us (in a Preferred Room in the 50's) left their big stroller parked outside their door, in the inset for our two doors, for the entire week we were there. It didn't really affect us, but it was an eyesore.

My car belongs to me, is insured, does not have a universal key, and is built to withstand the elements.
A lot of the cars you see at Disney are rentals, they are not owned by the driver who left them in the lot, a car thief doesn’t need a key to take one. Every scooter I’ve rented at Disney I’ve had to purchase the insurance for, there was no option to waive. Every point anybody in this thread has made there is a counter point for, this could go on forever.

I'm not sure this discussion has much farther to go but I did think of one little thing - many of the stroller rental companies offer theft insurance, so maybe people figure that buys them the right to just leave it wherever not worrying about it? I dunno. It is what it is. The only thing that surprises me is that it could be a fire code issue.

I guess it just hasn't bothered me enough yet to think about it that much (at least compared to all the other annoyances of a disney vacation. :laughing:)

It's quite simple. Strollers and ECV's belong in your room. If you can't fit your belonging's in your room, you are in a room that is too small for your needs.
Exactly. And I'm kind of amazed that WDW doesn't do a regular property sweep for various items left outside of hotel rooms. Ipad? Sunglasses? Backpack? Double stroller? Don't they all belong in the lost and found?

It's quite simple. Strollers and ECV's belong in your room. If you can't fit your belonging's in your room, you are in a room that is too small for your needs.
Only if Disney says so and enforces it. Otherwise this is only your opinion and it’s not up to you. My family has not left anything in the hallways either but I realize it’s not up to me and it doesn’t bother us

Last edited:

Only if Disney says so and enforces it. Otherwise this is only your opinion and it’s not up to you. My family has not left anything in the hallways either but I realize it’s not up to me and it doesn’t bother us

Don't leave your personal items in hallway. The hallway is not an extension of your room. Why would Disney have to enforce basic common courtesy? Sad our society has come to that.

suggesting re-arranging strollers as a prank or worse yet, steal strollers and turn them in to lost and found?

I might have missed posts, but turning in something that’s abandoned in a hallway isn’t a prank, nor is it stealing.

It used to be how we were told to handle the trays. Years ago they would send someone up to grab it from outside of your door.

I think it still is part of the process but it also involves a phone call to pick up the tray AND the prompt action of a CM.

many of you are, in fact, acting entitled that you shouldn't have to see strollers/scooters in the hallway

You’re confusing disliking large objects being abandoned in a hallway for disliking the people who use them.

If something is outside, unattended, it’s not being used. Most of us are only assuming the object belongs to the occupants of the room.

I sure did, at BW in feb. I figure that the scooter parked in the only straightaway in the curve of the hallway belonged to the people on the room near where it was abandoned. I could easily be wrong. Perhaps the occupants thought it belonged to someone else.

I didn’t tell anyone about it because we were always in a rush, but it bothered me each time we went past that me and my tricky knees and ankles had to weave around, picking my way through the furniture BW put there (that no one ever sat on), because they’d entirely blocked the straightaway.

I’m sure the people using it, if they used it, are lovely people with a true need. I never saw them. And it was never moved as far as I saw. We were out early and back early because of the rundisney events, and we didn’t go to parks, so we were by at all hours, and it sat outside the entire time.

A lot of the cars you see at Disney are rentals, they are not owned by the driver who left them in the lot, a car thief doesn’t need a key to take one. Every scooter I’ve rented at Disney I’ve had to purchase the insurance for, there was no option to waive. Every point anybody in this thread has made there is a counter point for, this could go on forever.

Except for the part about things being parked where they are supposed to be parked. If I parked a motorcycle outside my door it would be moved. It goes in the parking lot. Like ECVs and strollers go in the room.

I once stayed at the Grand Californian.

Almost the entire time I was there, there was a fork on the floor in the hallway. Then, yay, it was gone! I walked further, and alas, it was on a piece of furniture at a turn in the hallway. It stayed there until at least to the point where I checked out.

Does that mean that hallways are a utensil drawer? That that’s where forks go?

Or does it mean a bunch of CMs aren’t doing their job to keep things safe and tidy?

(of course it also means that at least one guest wanted to see what would happen and didn’t do her part in tidying up, either, though, gotta tell ya...I pay that much for a swanky hotel room, and I’ll paraphrase Freddie Prinze and say it’s not my job... Another guest, I assume, did make it their business, which was nice of them, but that furniture was not a utensil drawer either)

Don't leave your personal items in hallway. The hallway is not an extension of your room. Why would Disney have to enforce basic common courtesy? Sad our society has come to that.
I don’t leave stuff in the hallway you have to read and comprehend the whole statement. I don’t have a stroller and when we were there with the scooter we did keep it in the room, don’t know how others keep a full charge in the hallway, and don’t care because the scooters in the halls have no effect on me

you have to read and comprehend the whole statement

I did.

I don't want Disney to have to step in and take care of basic common sense items. Just because it doesn't bother you, it should not be acceptable until Disney says otherwise. That was what I was commenting on. "You" in the general sense. Not you specifically. Sorry I was not very clear. I see that now.

Thank you for not leaving your personal items in the hallway.

If the scooter/stroller police on this thread feel so strongly about it, do something constructive instead of mentioning people's weight or the speed that they drive, and basically telling us what we can and can't leave in the hallway. Next, do the research to determine if the scooters/strollers actually do pose a legitimate fire hazard. Walking a wider berth around one is not a fire code violation. Whining that they are an eyesore or taking away from the theme is not a fire code violation. Then contact WDW with your research and findings. If it is a true fire code violation, WDW should welcome your research findings.

If the scooter/stroller police on this thread feel so strongly about it, do something constructive instead of mentioning people's weight or the speed that they drive, and basically telling us what we can and can't leave in the hallway. Next, do the research to determine if the scooters/strollers actually do pose a legitimate fire hazard. Walking a wider berth around one is not a fire code violation. Whining that they are an eyesore or taking away from the theme is not a fire code violation. Then contact WDW with your research and findings. If it is a true fire code violation, WDW should welcome your research findings.

Oh, I'll definitely say something if on our stay the hallway is filled with strollers and ECVs. Put them in your room. Especially strollers - can't they be folded???

It's an eyesore. Just like trays and garbage left in the hallways. Disney should be on top of all of this - they want to charge the prices they do, they should keep the resort looking spotless.
Will it actually affect the enjoyment of my trip? Of course not. But it will take no time at all to stop at the front desk and make a mention of it.
:)

Some of the comments on weight were uncalled for. However, to answer what should be left in the hallway? Nothing! The hallways are public spaces. It should be common sense that you don't leave your personal belongings in public spaces. And the maids need to roll their carts down them to clean rooms. Leaving personal belongings it the hallway makes things more difficult for them! I have 3 kids and thankfully they are past stroller age, but when they weren't, I never left my large double stroller in the hallway. Never crossed my mind to do so!

Last edited:
I do know that I live in an apartment building (not in Florida) and we are not allowed to leave anything in the communal hallway, not even an umbrella.
Wow. I was going to say we can't even have door mats in the hallway - but at least we can hang things on the doors! What is there about a wreath outside your door that makes it a fite hazard that eliminates that hazard if it's hanging on your wall?
If you are holding up a line because you must devour your nachos right then and there, I will judge you.

If you are flying around a corner at a high speed with no regard for other humans, I will judge you.

If you feel shamed by others calling you out on your poor public behaviors (what ever size you are), so be it.
Exactly how many incidences of each did you encounter? What was there about the person devouring food in line that makes you know it wasn't a medical need, say to avert a diabetic shock? Or the speeding person - who would be traveling at a similar speed and angle on foot if it were possible - trying to avoid an IBS acckdent?

Fat people know we're fat. The only "need" for others to point it out is to make themselves feel superior.

I did.

I don't want Disney to have to step in and take care of basic common sense items. Just because it doesn't bother you, it should not be acceptable until Disney says otherwise. That was what I was commenting on. "You" in the general sense. Not you specifically. Sorry I was not very clear. I see that now.

Thank you for not leaving your personal items in the hallway.
I don’t store my ECV in the hallway but I feel compelled to say
1-without someone holding open the door of any DVC I’ve ever stayed in - it’s impossible to get the scooter in
2-CMs have told me repeatedly (albeit not recently) that it was OK to leave them in the hallways.

Wow. I was going to say we can't even have door mats in the hallway - but at least we can hang things on the doors! What is there about a wreath outside your door that makes it a fite hazard that eliminates that hazard if it's hanging on your wall?

Exactly how many incidences of each did you encounter? What was there about the person devouring food in line that makes you know it wasn't a medical need, say to avert a diabetic shock? Or the speeding person - who would be traveling at a similar speed and angle on foot if it were possible - trying to avoid an IBS acckdent?

Fat people know we're fat. The only "need" for others to point it out is to make themselves feel superior.

Am amazed and saddened how quickly a complaint about scooters in the hallway turned into body size, how much people eat and how fast they go on a scooter. Mob mentality. They don't even see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter