Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the Disney parks have more strollers per acre than any other place on earth. That ends up causing a lot of ankle injuries, especially when rude guests insist on plowing through the crowds. I see no need for huge strollers. A baby or toddler plus a diaper bag is one thing, but I see some with what could be luggage for the whole family. More that one kid? A small stroller for each would be easier on everyone. Yes, I'm an old codger, but I have a handful of great grandsons including one set of twins.

I'm guessing when these starting cropping up at the parks people made all sorts of justifications for it saying "but it can be pushed" "I'm not pulling it/I won't be pulling it". It probably was one of those things that for the bulk of it they let it pass since it could be pushed like a stroller even though for consistency issues there were times that CMs said "no that's a wagon".

Except if you bother to look up the definition of a wagon it’s pulled not pushed:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/wagon

any of various kinds of four-wheeledvehicles designed to be pulled or having its own motor and ranging from a child'stoy to a commercial vehicle for the transport of heavy loads, delivery, etc.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wagon

a low four-wheeled vehicle with an open rectangular body and a retroflex tongue made for the play or use of a child

For those that need the merriam-Webster definition explained, retroflex means turned or bent abruptly backward and tongue means the pole (see POLE entry 1 sense 1b) of a vehicle (such as a wagon)

So the users of the keenz were never going against the park rules at the time since clearly they didn’t fit the common definition of a wagon and the rules at the time stated “or pulled by a human, including a wagon”. And even though the manufacturer uses both stroller and wagon in the name of the product it does not make it either of those things. (Which I find it funny people can figure out it doesn’t meet the common definition of stroller but can’t figure out that it doesn’t meet the definition of a wagon, hence why it is a hybrid of the two).

They are for sure in Disneyland. It's part of "Project Stardust". Here's Disney's blog on a bit of that: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...sleeping-beauty-castle-and-disneyland-resort/

I'm thinking since WDW was built after DLR that walkways are already wider than DLR but that doesn't mean they've 'aged' well. It seems like over the years they've been adjusting things like removing benches and other obstacles. Tomorrowland recently for sure has been changed to allow less obstacles. As crowds have gotten bigger and strollers have gotten bigger and yes the ECVs too being more commonplace they've looked at what they can do to help out.

I understand DLR is making them bigger where they can but even they are going to have the same problem WDW has, they are going to run out of room. And honestly the walkways in TSL really aren't that wide and they can't be made better. So it gets packed full of people and then there's a m&g or the green army men or the line for slinky goes to/out the entrance and it all gets worse. They could have prevented this by making it all bigger but they didn't so I still don't understand how disney is supposed to manage their walkways better.

Except if you bother to look up the definition of a wagon it’s pulled not pushed:

any of various kinds of four-wheeledvehicles designed to be pulled or having its own motor and ranging from a child'stoy to a commercial vehicle for the transport of heavy loads, delivery, etc.

a low four-wheeled vehicle with an open rectangular body and a retroflex tongue made for the play or use of a child

For those that need the merriam-Webster definition explained, retroflex means turned or bent abruptly backward and tongue means the pole (see POLE entry 1 sense 1b) of a vehicle (such as a wagon)

So the users of the keenz were never going against the park rules at the time since clearly they didn’t fit the common definition of a wagon and the rules at the time stated “or pulled by a human, including a wagon”. And even though the manufacturer uses both stroller and wagon in the name of the product it does not make it either of those things. (Which I find it funny people can figure out it doesn’t meet the common definition of stroller but can’t figure out that it doesn’t meet the definition of a wagon, hence why it is a hybrid of the two).
See that’s why Disney included a picture of exactly what it wants to ban.

Excuse me? Bother to look up?

Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder. I don't need a dictionary lesson but thanks for trying

I understand DLR is making them bigger where they can but even they are going to have the same problem WDW has, they are going to run out of room. And honestly the walkways in TSL really aren't that wide and they can't be made better. So it gets packed full of people and then there's a m&g or the green army men or the line for slinky goes to/out the entrance and it all gets worse. They could have prevented this by making it all bigger but they didn't so I still don't understand how disney is supposed to manage their walkways better.
Your guess is as good as mine on the design of TSL. I haven't been there yet but it doesn't take me to have been there to see/understand they could have done things better so I totally agree with you there.

I'm guessing the Disney parks have more strollers per acre than any other place on earth. That ends up causing a lot of ankle injuries, especially when rude guests insist on plowing through the crowds. I see no need for huge strollers. A baby or toddler plus a diaper bag is one thing, but I see some with what could be luggage for the whole family. More that one kid? A small stroller for each would be easier on everyone. Yes, I'm an old codger, but I have a handful of great grandsons including one set of twins.

I really don’t think this changes anything in regards to the amount of rude stroller pushers in the park. Most strollers can still get in and those that can’t will likely find substitutes instead of following through on the empty threats of not going.

It’s not what you push it’s how you push it.

What?

Disney was very clear in their verbiage today. No stroller wagons starting May 1. They even included a picture.
Keenz itself describes the item as a stroller wagon.
I don't see any wiggle room in this, but certainly you could contact guest services with your concerns.

Well they are specifically banned as of May 1st, so I’m not sure what this post is for. They’ve made their decision. It’s done.

Disney was very clear in their verbiage today. No stroller wagons starting May 1. They even included a picture.
Keenz itself describes the item as a stroller wagon.
I don't see any wiggle room in this, but certainly you could contact guest services with your concerns.

I’m not saying that they are allowed now, I’m saying they were allowed up through May 1. My real point was that people who researched this (and you’ll find posts here of people researching the keenz) were not doing it to skirt the rules. Clearly after may 1 they are not allowed. And no I don’t own a keenz nor have I used one- I was just frustrated with people acting like those renting or using the keenz were trying to skirt the rules that were in the parks at the time.

@Tink_83 thats silly. Neither of those definitions say if you can push it its no longer a wagon. Keenz has handles on both sides so you can pull it

upload_2019-3-28_22-8-21.jpeg
An ad for Keenz. Being pulled. Like the wagon it is. I’m not arguing with you about if they were previously allowed. Rather, just pointing out how silly it is to claim the above item does not meet the definition of a wagon (which again, does not say as soon as you can push the object its no longer a wagon).

@Tink_83 thats silly. Neither of those definitions say if you can push it its no longer a wagon. Keenz has handles on both sides so you can pull it

View attachment 391330
An ad for Keenz. Being pulled. Like the wagon it is. I’m not arguing with you about if they were previously allowed. Rather, just pointing out how silly it is to claim the above item does not meet the definition of a wagon (which again, does not say as soon as you can push the object its no longer a wagon).

All I was trying to say was that people posting that because wagons were not allowed before that therefore the keenz was not allowed were not really correct. The keenz fell into a grey area that clearly caused confusion. Disney has rectified that confusion. And yes, the keenz and for that matter all strollers can be pulled. Typically wagons have a long pole that is used to pull with (which is why the design of the keenz fell into that grey area to begin with). Maybe I should have stuck with that. And I do agree the keenz looks a lot like a typical wagon, just without the long handle designed primarily to be pulled with.

I’m sure people looked at the keenz and then a typical wagon and assumed that if one was allowed their utility wagon would be allowed. I can see how it caused confusion and why they needed to address that confusion. Again, I was mostly frustrated with comments from some that people were trying to skirt the rules if they used the keenz, etc. I know there are threads where people asked about them and researched them for various reasons - while I didn’t use one I had been researching them for rental primarily because it is smaller then my stroller that I’ll now be bringing to the park. And when I was researching I was carefully looking into the park rules to see if they were actually allowed. Again, the answer is now obvious- not allowed in the park and no grey area. In many ways it makes it easier for those rearching what is and is not allowed and easier for CMs to implement.

Will it really cost them that much in profits? Out of all of the potential customers in the country, what percentage are taking Disney vacations? IRL I only know one other family that goes to Disney as much as we do and I know a few that have taken Disney trips at all. If I had purchased it, we would not have used it at WDW.
Everyone I know that owns one of these bought it to take it to Disney. They use it for other things too, but they bought it for Disney.

I may continue to push a stroller around after my kids are past stroller age, just so I don't have to lug all the junk we buy around! :laughing:

You sound like my DW. I told her today that we shouldn't take a stroller into MK when we go in August (for a 3yo DD) because all we ever do is park it near the carousel and run to move it if it looks like it is about to rain. She said "but what would we do with our stuff?" Which our "stuff" is usually just our rain jackets.

They are for sure in Disneyland. It's part of "Project Stardust". Here's Disney's blog on a bit of that: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...sleeping-beauty-castle-and-disneyland-resort/

I'm thinking since WDW was built after DLR that walkways are already wider than DLR but that doesn't mean they've 'aged' well. It seems like over the years they've been adjusting things like removing benches and other obstacles. Tomorrowland recently for sure has been changed to allow less obstacles. As crowds have gotten bigger and strollers have gotten bigger and yes the ECVs too being more commonplace they've looked at what they can do to help out.

They could help out the walk ways if they installed snipers with rubber bullets and any group that took up more than 7 feet in width got pelleted. Any group of more than ~6 people that formed a chain so just be collected and removed from property, there is no training them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter