Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely the vibe I get on FB. Its seems a lot of the "mom squads" are really just pissed they can't show off their latest status symbol.

On our last Disney trip, we noticed those Keenz wagons for the first time.

I don’t know what kind of status symbol they’re trying to rock, but the black Keenz stroller/wagons reminded us of a hearse. :scared1: We kept saying, oh look, here comes another funeral procession. :rotfl:

Meh, they will probably be back. There are only so many stroller years before your kids don't need one. The one thing I miss about using a stroller is the awesome storage space!
I may continue to push a stroller around after my kids are past stroller age, just so I don't have to lug all the junk we buy around! :laughing:

I’m a parent of 3 young kids, but I’ve never felt the need to pack a stroller to the brim at Disney. I’m too paranoid to leave anything in the stroller aside from maybe extra diapers that aren’t stashed in the bag we carry. The more we would stash in there the more needs to come out whenever we park!

I am not trying to be mean in any way. We are after all a special needs family that still needs a stroller. But what need could there possibly be that Keenz meets, that a regular stroller doesn't? I am truly curious.

I honestly don't know either. And I have two special needs (ASD) kids. Regular strollers worked just fine while we needed them, and they slept fine in them when they got tired enough. I keep seeing references to kids with ASD "needing" the wagons. Why? Kids with ASD have legs that work just fine. It's not a physical disability.

If your child has a medical condition that requires him or her to lie flat at all times, the truth is, a Disney theme park is NOT the place to go. No one NEEDS a wagon at a theme park. End of story.

This is definitely the vibe I get on FB. Its seems a lot of the "mom squads" are really just pissed they can't show off their latest status symbol.

There was literally a woman on their facebook page who suggested this happened because other people were JEALOUS of Keen owners. I forgot people like her existed in her world since I left places like Babycenter and FB Mommy groups. Ick.

Looks like Keenz amended its Facebook post. Disney is back to being the happiest place on earth. They took out the "used to be".

"it will be affecting all our Keenz Families but most importantly our little Disney goer’s that love their stroller-wagon and the comfort it gives them at what is considered the “The Happiest Place on Earth”."

I checked the stats on our double stroller this morning and it clocks in at 31.5''...
So a wee bit over. I'm guessing if they went by judgement it'd probably get through. It may even depending on what they use get through if they opt to stop each and every stroller.

If it were me though..I just wouldn't chance it; just giving my thoughts. Seems very very close with 1/2inch but I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble knowing the possibility of it not being allowed since I would know it's not really within the size limitation.

This is probably unpopular, but something that might annoy me, if I were a parent with kids in strollers planning to go to Disney, is if Disney outlawed the stroller I had. Money is tight, and space in townhouses (where I live) is tighter. It would annoy me if the stroller that I used b/c it was my "best value" (best features for best price which fit my kids best) was now not allowed, so I had to now needlessly spend $x to rent one all week, or buy a 2nd stroller just for a trip (and then donate it afterwards b/c there'd be no room at my house). I'd especially be annoyed with 1 month notice for trips where Disney almost requires planning everything more than 1 month out.

So, we make fun of the parents and their overwrought angst, but deep down, they do have a sliver of a point...it probably makes it harder and more expensive for them to go to Disney now for no "good" apparent reason in their minds (b/c Disney could do a lot of other things to manage walkways, but decided to choose their "needs" to do so vs someone else's or Disney's own pocket)...

This is probably unpopular, but something that might annoy me, if I were a parent with kids in strollers planning to go to Disney, is if Disney outlawed the stroller I had. Money is tight, and space in townhouses (where I live) is tighter. It would annoy me if the stroller that I used b/c it was my "best value" (best features for best price which fit my kids best) was now not allowed, so I had to now needlessly spend $x to rent one all week, or buy a 2nd stroller just for a trip (and then donate it afterwards b/c there'd be no room at my house).
TBH my thought is if this is really the only stroller you own I'm guessing people find themselves in a bind in everyday life as they go shopping, going out and about where there might be tight spaces. Not all places one goes to has shopping carts that you can put your child into plus the shopping carts aren't meant for bigger children.

Is your stroller you use in your townhouse with tight spaces more than 31inches wide?

I would also say I feel for the reduction in size (it's the main reason I asked for clarification if it was a typo or reduction) because 5 inches can be a big deal in a stroller (as I mentioned somewhere on this thread or the News Thread) on the other hand if the stroller was already over 36inches no sympathy there for me as it was already not allowed.

I'd especially be annoyed with 1 month notice for trips where Disney almost requires planning everything more than 1 month out.
Hey it's more notice than I feel like they usually give :P

Can someone please explain how Disney could manage or fix the walkways to make this all better? I know they are widening the walkway behind/next to the castle at wdw but for the most part the walkways are what they are.

There's no room to make them bigger, they've taken benches out to help which people complained about. Should they also take out trees and plants in the few areas they can to make the walkway bigger?

While we're at it let's take out the partners statue and all the grass in the hub and pave it all over. Should probably remove all of the outdoor seating at restaurants too so the walkways can be bigger. Oh and remove all the food kiosks, cancel food and wine and then just make it the garden featival because the walkways need to be bigger. Or better yet, just fill in and pave over the water then everyone can walk straight across from future world to world showcase.

They could also make walkways one wat with do not enter signs, put spike strips at the end. How about crosswalk signs and stop lights?

Best yet, get rid of the stroller parking that takes up half of fantasyland.

Yes most/all of this is ridiculous but so is expecting bigger and better walkways when that's not possible. They are doing the one thing they can to help the flow and crowds because we all know, and this ans the smoming thread prove, we can't expect people to be courteous any more, though that should still be the expectation so things don't get worse. But a lot of people need to go into a disney vacation to have fun, leave the stress at home and not try to do it all while remembering their manners and that they aren't entitled to the world just because they paid x. Yeah that's a lot to expect of people but I don't think it's too much and we've got to keep expectations high or people (general people not everyone) will continue to be bad etc.

This is probably unpopular, but something that might annoy me, if I were a parent with kids in strollers planning to go to Disney, is if Disney outlawed the stroller I had. Money is tight, and space in townhouses (where I live) is tighter. It would annoy me if the stroller that I used b/c it was my "best value" (best features for best price which fit my kids best) was now not allowed, so I had to now needlessly spend $x to rent one all week, or buy a 2nd stroller just for a trip (and then donate it afterwards b/c there'd be no room at my house). I'd especially be annoyed with 1 month notice for trips where Disney almost requires planning everything more than 1 month out.

So, we make fun of the parents and their overwrought angst, but deep down, they do have a sliver of a point...it probably makes it harder and more expensive for them to go to Disney now for no "good" apparent reason in their minds (b/c Disney could do a lot of other things to manage walkways, but decided to choose their "needs" to do so vs someone else's or Disney's own pocket)...

I totally agree with this for regular strollers. I would be so annoyed if an inch on my stroller meant I had to get a whole separate Disney stroller.

The Keens people? Wagons were always against the rules, weren’t they? A stroller wagon is still at a wagon. I feel like Disney could have always enforced their wagon rule with those.

I totally agree with this for regular strollers. I would be so annoyed if an inch on my stroller meant I had to get a whole separate Disney stroller.

The Keens people? Wagons were always against the rules, weren’t they? A stroller wagon is still at a wagon. I feel like Disney could have always enforced their wagon rule with those.
I'm guessing when these starting cropping up at the parks people made all sorts of justifications for it saying "but it can be pushed" "I'm not pulling it/I won't be pulling it". It probably was one of those things that for the bulk of it they let it pass since it could be pushed like a stroller even though for consistency issues there were times that CMs said "no that's a wagon".

I'm sure there were groups that coached people on how to pull one over on cm's and convince them they aren't wagons. Also cm's get tired of arguing with people especially when they don't get backed up by their managers.

Disney obviously identified they have a problem that needs to be addressed. They are not going to ignore it because some people might already own a stroller that doesn't fit. Maybe they could have given a bit more notice like 6 months instead of 6 weeks. My guess is they want this in place well before SWGE opens so that the kinks of enforcing it are worked out in advance of the crazy Star Wars crowds that are coming.

Can someone please explain how Disney could manage or fix the walkways to make this all better? I know they are widening the walkway behind/next to the castle at wdw but for the most part the walkways are what they are.
They are for sure in Disneyland. It's part of "Project Stardust". Here's Disney's blog on a bit of that: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...sleeping-beauty-castle-and-disneyland-resort/

I'm thinking since WDW was built after DLR that walkways are already wider than DLR but that doesn't mean they've 'aged' well. It seems like over the years they've been adjusting things like removing benches and other obstacles. Tomorrowland recently for sure has been changed to allow less obstacles. As crowds have gotten bigger and strollers have gotten bigger and yes the ECVs too being more commonplace they've looked at what they can do to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter