Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about a list. I mean can you imagine going through ALL the thousands of strollers one can buy just to come up with a list of ones that are too big? It would take longer probably to go through said list rather than just measure it out especially going through all the models and trying to find the models on the strollers if they are even listed.

I'm still thinking they will use mostly judgement and measure when they think it might be too big. Could be wrong of course.

definitely would be hard - but at least the more common models and obviously hopefully all the rental companies will only have things that comply so if you have a rental tag it is clear it is ok

hopefully overtime it becomes not a big deal

I think people get upset anytime they are told they can't do something that they have done before and has become part of "how they do the parks", etc.

People don't like change and tend to think about worst case scenario and only think about the negative potential (and I fully admit I do this at times)

we use strollers, I am not saying people shouldnt' or anything, but I can't imagine someone who has gone with a Keenz and no*has* to use some other double stroller that does fit within guidelines is now going to have a horrible trip b/c of that (unless, of course, they go in expecting to have a horrible trip)

I read a post on IG this morning that said "my son deserves to have a magical experience not a miserable one so we canceled our APs!" :rolleyes2

I’m a keenz lover and I agree, but I think Keenz’s problem is that they are literally too awesome. Anyone who’s ever faced the choice of struggling to get a toddler to nap in a regular stroller vs losing half a day to go back to the hotel for a nap is looking at these going THAT IS THE ANSWER!! And it is. And the parks are flooding with them. And one company already rents them, more probably would have started soon. And while there is a subset of people with 2-3 toddlers that ride in them that will now take up a larger stroller footprint with a double, triple, or two strollers, there’s also a huge portion of people (and more everyday) that were bringing them with just one kid for the nap reason and the parks just can’t handle the continuing conversion of that portion going from s single stroller to the Keenz. Especially with SWGE coming. So like I said, they were too awesome for their own good.

I've never used a Keenz so is it that much better for a kid to take a nap in than a stroller with a reclining back? That is what we always did and then put the sun shade up (and we got an extnnder for it) and the kids would sleep for hours sometimes

Again, can't speak for the keenz but I know a lot of wagons (including one we have at home) the turn radius is quite wider than with a stroller so I wonder if that is part of it - not just the actual dimensions but the maneuverability of it

I read a post on IG this morning that said "my son deserves to have a magical experience not a miserable one so we canceled our APs!" :rolleyes2

I mean, hard to argue with this ... clearly this child deserves to have a magical experience to a much greater degree than anyone else and clearly impossible for that to happen without this very specific wagon

To be honest, I don't know how anyone had a magic time at any Disney park before Keenz were invented! In fact, while most people believe Walt Disney's last words were "Kurt Russell" it was actually "Keenz wagons"

I mean, hard to argue with this ... clearly this child deserves to have a magical experience to a much greater degree than anyone else and clearly impossible for that to happen without this very specific wagon

To be honest, I don't know how anyone had a magic time at any Disney park before Keenz were invented! In fact, while most people believe Walt Disney's last words were "Kurt Russell" it was actually "Keenz wagons"
:rotfl2:

I've never used a Keenz so is it that much better for a kid to take a nap in than a stroller with a reclining back? That is what we always did and then put the sun shade up (and we got an extnnder for it) and the kids would sleep for hours sometimes

Again, can't speak for the keenz but I know a lot of wagons (including one we have at home) the turn radius is quite wider than with a stroller so I wonder if that is part of it - not just the actual dimensions but the maneuverability of it
To some extent it probably depends on the child. My almost two year old is exclusively a belly sleeper so she pretty much won’t sleep in a standard stroller. And if she does drift off it will only be for a few minutes. Also she got MUCH hotter in September in a City gt with a fan on her than the keenz. Upright strollers don’t have great airflow with the sunshades down.

I'm guessing they were just one "wrong" move away from cancelling APs anyways. Probably the last straw for them, but if it was just the first strike and it was their hill to die on I guess so be it.

I only took a crappy $5 umbrella stroller from a yard sale (with NO CANOPY, omg) and my kids saw some Keenz wagons while we were there and they asked me why I didn't love them as much as those other parents.

Apparently, Fantasy strollers is coming out with a new model that will be within the size guidelines by May 1st, so the carriage strollers will still be around!

I think people get upset anytime they are told they can't do something that they have done before and has become part of "how they do the parks", etc.

People don't like change and tend to think about worst case scenario and only think about the negative potential (and I fully admit I do this at times)

Absolutely. And we use strollers, I am not saying people shouldn't or anything, but I can't imagine someone who has gone with a Keenz and no*has* to use some other double stroller that does fit within guidelines is now going to have a horrible trip b/c of that (unless, of course, they go in expecting to have a horrible trip)[/QUOTI'm a stroller user too. I'm not hounding wanting to use a stroller AT ALL. But I was honestly so excited that my son was old enough to use an umbrella type stroller so we didn't have to lug around his bigger one in Disney. I'm sure part of people's anger is th
A lady commented on the FB post I was referring to and said "I guess we are no longer vacationing in Disney." Seems a bit extreme just because of a wagon.

I don’t think we need to worry about CMs having a list of approved strollers, or needing to eyeball/measure the stroller width. Even the bigger doubles on the market come in under the measurements. I think this just eliminates stroller wagons, the monster 3 across strollers (which I’ve never seen at the parks personally), and novelty ones like those carriages.

I don’t think anyone who takes a typical stroller in needs to be worrying, doubt that’s who they’re paying attention to with this.

I don’t think we need to worry about CMs having a list of approved strollers, or needing to eyeball/measure the stroller width. Even the bigger doubles on the market come in under the measurements. I think this just eliminates stroller wagons, the monster 3 across strollers (which I’ve never seen at the parks personally), and novelty ones like those carriages.

I don’t think anyone who takes a typical stroller in needs to be worrying, doubt that’s who they’re paying attention to with this.
They'll have to actively pay attention regardless.

It's a reduction from 36inches to 31inches. There are going to be some strollers, even double ones, that will be too large. Agree that most people won't be impacted but don't assume that all double strollers are A-OK, even some single strollers are way wide, while there are doubles that are less in width than singles.

But you may not notice the CMs sizing up the strollers, they may be doing it discreetly before ever getting to the point of measuring. There may still be ones that get through, but if there are too many I would assume Disney has to go even stricter and go to measuring more strollers (or using a box or whatever) that may look even slightly too big or right at the limit.

A lady commented on the FB post I was referring to and said "I guess we are no longer vacationing in Disney." Seems a bit extreme just because of a wagon.
Meh, they will probably be back. There are only so many stroller years before your kids don't need one. The one thing I miss about using a stroller is the awesome storage space!

Man!!!! I cannot wait for all the low crowd days now that people are “never going back to Disney again” due to stroller wagons.

I will be dancing right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. (without getting hit from behind by Karen!)…

Awesome move, Disney!! A little faith restored!

They'll have to actively pay attention regardless.

It's a reduction from 36inches to 31inches. There are going to be some strollers, even double ones, that will be too large. Agree that most people won't be impacted but don't assume that all double strollers are A-OK, even some single strollers are way wide, while there are doubles that are less in width than singles.

But you may not notice the CMs sizing up the strollers, they may be doing it discreetly before ever getting to the point of measuring. There may still be ones that get through, but if there are too many I would assume Disney has to go even stricter and go to measuring more strollers (or using a box or whatever) that may look even slightly too big or right at the limit.

My bad, I must have read wrong I thought the width was higher!

Well in that case, I find it odd they’ve made more work for their front line CMs when one stroller is 1.5 inches too wide but to the casual observer looks exactly the same as the one making the cut. That’s going to be a pleasure to deal with, I’m sure.

I have to admit, I thought those wagons were pretty cool and I wished they were around my DD was younger but then I saw the price and said no way.

I'm fascinated/horrified by these reactions. People are going bananas on FB and screaming at each other, calling each other names, its crazy. There's a change.org petition and even Keenz posted on FB asking customers to contact Disney to voice their complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter