Stroller rental questions

Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran
Hi, couple of questions, firstly do the double strollers fit a (tall) 8 year old? Secondly if we rent them in the morning, take a break at the hotel around lunchtime, can we go back and re-use the same one or do we have to return it then re-rent it? Thanks!

If the hotel is offsite, I do not believe you can take Disney Strollers off-site.

Which is why we have always used City STroller Rentals.

If you are renting a Disneyland stroller and you leave to go back to your hotel you turn the stroller in but keep your tag so when you go back you get a new stroller but don't have to pay a second time. There is a chance they will run out of strollers and when you come back there won't be any available to pick up but I don't know how often this happens. The rental is for the whole day but not guaranteed to have one available when you come back basically if you give it back midday.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if the double fit a tall 8yo. I don't think they would have comfortably fit our shrimpy nearly-8-yo grand.

I suppose they may for if they are tall in the legs and short in the torso, but they are hard plastic and don't look comfy at all.

(Personally, none of our grands would have used one, even our whiny one. Heck, the whiny one usually complains about long walks, and he wouldn't even ride piggyback because he was suddenly self-aware that other kids his age weren't on others' backs. You know your kid best; just something to consider.)

Last edited:

If you are renting a Disneyland stroller and you leave to go back to your hotel you turn the stroller in but keep your tag so when you go back you get a new stroller but don't have to pay a second time. There is a chance they will run out of strollers and when you come back there won't be any available to pick up but I don't know how often this happens. The rental is for the whole day but not guaranteed to have one available when you come back basically if you give it back midday.
Thank you, so we would run the risk of not having one later in the day. That makes sense :)

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if the double fit a tall 8yo. I don't think they would have comfortably fit our shrimpy nearly-8-yo grand.

I suppose they may for if they are tall in the legs and short in the torso, but they are hard plastic and don't look comfy at all.

(Personally, none of our grands would have used one, even our whiny one. Heck, the whiny one usually complains about long walks, and he wouldn't even ride piggyback because he was suddenly self-aware that other kids his age weren't on others' backs. You know your kid best; just something to consider.)
I think I will keep it in the back of my mind then and see how they go. My son is tall (he's in clothes 9-10 and has just turned 7!) so I can imagine he would be a bit squished lol! I was mainly thinking it would allow us to carry a bit more and not have backpacks! But I think we may have to pack light and only carry the basics - plus it will save a bit of money which is always good!
Got about a year to get them used to walking loads :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter