• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller rental for 3 month old

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
Granted, I've been out of the baby game for awhile (our girls are 10 and 7) but for our trip next April we will be introducing what will be our 3.5 month old son to Disney.

For home, we have purchased a Chicco Cortina key fit stroller. I know a lot of people rent strollers while in Disney and use those citi minis....but (and I apologize if this sounds stupid)...how does an infant go in one of those? Just lay them down?? Obviously they can't sit up....personally, we always had (and will have) our babies in the car seat as part of a travel system, and the rental doesn't appear to offer that.

So do we just bring our own, or do people use the rentals for small infants as well? :confused3

Please enlighten me. :goodvibes

Granted, I've been out of the baby game for awhile (our girls are 10 and 7) but for our trip next April we will be introducing what will be our 3.5 month old son to Disney. For home, we have purchased a Chicco Cortina key fit stroller. I know a lot of people rent strollers while in Disney and use those citi minis....but (and I apologize if this sounds stupid)...how does an infant go in one of those? Just lay them down?? Obviously they can't sit up....personally, we always had (and will have) our babies in the car seat as part of a travel system, and the rental doesn't appear to offer that. So do we just bring our own, or do people use the rentals for small infants as well? :confused3 Please enlighten me. :goodvibes
We have a CitiMini GT and started putting our daughter in it at 3 months. It can lay almost flat so we just lowered it to a point when she looked safe and comfortable.

I don't know who you plan on renting from but I believe Kingdom Strollers offers a car seat attachment for $10 you can rent if that makes you more comfortable in using the stroller.

Ok....then they lay flat.....I guess that would work!

I just don't want to have to lug a stroller onto a flight, etc....

I didn't use a rental but brought ours that laid down flat. It was one that could be used as part of a travel system but the infant seat can get too hot - plus, we ended up using it mainly for our 3 year old. When we had trips as babies - meaning 2 months, 8 months, 11 months, they stayed in the sling almost the entire time. That's where they wanted to be. The exception was the 8 month old wanted to sleep lying flat in the stroller. I'd still suggest taking a stroller, for this reason, but at 3 months old, mine would have been in the sling the entire day. (The stroller is a nice place to store your stuff and it also gives you the option just in case your baby does better sleeping in a stroller).

We are going next month and my grandson will be 6 months old. I found it was cheaper to buy a Graco stroller and take that with us. It is a great stroller and cost less than any of the rentals I checked. You could also have one shipped directly to the resort if you do not want to travel with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter