Stroller Parking - IDEAS to distinguish mine

Beca P

Earning My Ears
Saw a pic that made me gasp - a sea of strollers parked at WDW. Any tips? I guess you have to TAG your stroller like you do your luggage at airports. Ideas?

We flew on our last trip and had a flourescent green tag put on the stroller by the airline so we could gate check it. We left it on at the parks and never had any problem finding our stroller. I actually still have the tag from our flight home a year ago on it and it helps with finding it at carnivals and local theme parks.

Other ideas are putting a strip of bright colored or patterned duct tape around the handle, tying a big ribbon around the handle, or zip tie a sign with your last name (or a nickname/some clip art/whatever that makes it recognizable to you) to the stroller. At night, you can wrap glow sticks around the handle or a cheap string of battery operated string lights (please don't do the flashing ones though as those can be obnoxious to other guests).

CMs often do move strollers around in the stroller parking areas, and having something on yours to make it identifiable will also help a CM to help you find your stroller if you need to ask them.

I have an orange stroller...that helps.

I also bought a balloon (and annoyed the heck out of my husband) and tied it to the handle. Only park it won't work in is AK as they don't allow balloons.

I have this kind of distinctively colored bandana that I got for participating in some random event years ago. For all of our trips it has somehow become the disney stoller bandana that we tie to the handle. The best thing is that it kind of sticks up above the handle. It doesn't lay flat like tape or ribbon. So you can kind of scan the ocean of strollers and see it sticking up a couple inches above all the other handles. But because it's soft and fabric it does't bother me to have on the handle like a big scratchy ribbon or bouncing balloon would. It has saved us so much time over our trips.

I keep a bin in a closet of the random things we take to disney and nowhere else and this thing is always in there. It's funny how many memories it brings back when I see it! It's the little things sometimes!

We used the leis we got at Poly (or luau, don’t remember which as we stayed there and went to it the first night) and wrapped them around the handle in a couple of places. Made the stroller super easy to spot! Since we rented a stroller we couldn’t use tape or anything that would stick.

We use either a bright/fluorescent scarf or bandana. I do not want to put tape on our handles, plus it can get gooey in the Florida heat. Not a fan of people that tie balloons to their strollers, because a lot of people will not control it when they are walking in a crowd.

If you're using a Disney rental stroller, you can customize a tag for it before your trip (instead of using the matching ones they provide to write your name on.) I think the pockets hold a 5 1/2 x 8 inch insert, and I've heard that adding a picture of your family to yours is especially likely to keep it from "walking away".

Lol I think that may have been my pic if you saw it yesterday or today. We tied a small Canadian flag to the handle if our stroller. Another trip I purchased bag clips to hang bags off our stroller. When they arrived they were bright yellow and worked perfectly!!

Interested in this thread! I was wondering if I could attach with duct tape or something this flag that used to attach to my daughters Big Wheel. Thought it would really help it stand out! We're (currently) planning on renting one of the Disney strollers. Think that would work?
model_79.jpg

I plan to tie a big bright ribbon around the handle this time (this is also what I do with my suitcase at the airport). However, last trip I forgot and I never had any issues. We had a crinkle book toy attached for the baby and could find it via that. Though one time outside of the Frozen Sing A Long at Hollywood Studios a cast member moved a bunch of strollers (which I guess we're parked in the wrong place) and I had about three minutes of panic before I figured it out

Interested in this thread! I was wondering if I could attach with duct tape or something this flag that used to attach to my daughters Big Wheel. Thought it would really help it stand out! We're (currently) planning on renting one of the Disney strollers. Think that would work?
model_79.jpg
I don't think you are allowed to tape anything to the rental strollers at Disney, removing duct tape in the Florida heat will not be clean or easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter