Stroller Locks?

ahh YES! i want to know as well whether they gave you the stroller back!!
and am curious as to whether you had your name on it...?
We have done a stroller tag attached by ziptie to our handle bars -which is more visible than writing or painting the name somewhere on it (we also do bandannas and ribbons and adhesive address labels in inconspicuous places).
to date we havent had an issue (knock on wood!!!), but it would be a serious bummer if ours were stolen at DW!

I had considered the locks, but I am always in such a huge hurry when dropping the stroller off at parking that I don't want to add the extra time of attaching a lock...though I am certain it would be a deterant to stroller thieves for sure!

taking the wheel is a good idea -ours pops off super quick (faster than hooking a lock) ...so that is an excellent suggestion! how many of you take the wheel w/ you?

taking the wheel is a good idea -ours pops off super quick (faster than hooking a lock) ...so that is an excellent suggestion! how many of you take the wheel w/ you?

I was all set to do this when I read that Kingdom Strollers advises against doing that-- if you do it enough it can loosen and break so that the wheel won't stay on anymore. Not a big deal if you are renting and paid insurance, but I wouldn't do it with one I own.

Since we rented and paid the insurance, I wasn't too worried. There was a SEA of strollers in some locations and I was worried mine would get lost or stolen, but with the big placard that Kingdom Strollers puts on it with your name, it was pretty easy to find. And nobody messed with it.

I also decided against a lock. Kids want to go go go. I could just imagine, after a few times, getting frustrated with constantly having to undo it and just not using it at all.

May I ask why people don't put their names on their strollers? Like with permanent marker or paint? My sister had a kayak stolen from her own home, so when they got a replacement, they (neatly) put their name on the bow. Very few people would want to take a kayak that clearly had someone else's name, so I wonder, why not put your name on your stroller somehow? Is it because you're hoping to sell the stroller later? Or that you don't want to walk around with a stroller saying "Smith"? Our stroller (still in the box, waiting for baby's arrival!) isn't particularly expensive, so if we were to take it to WDW, I wouldn't be heartbroken if it were stollen...but it would certainly be inconvenient and wreck my day! I was pondering stenciling our name, or at least our last initial, on it someplace visible. I also like the bike lock idea mentioned above. It will at least keep the opportunists at bay.

i am stitching my kids names on their seat like this J. Fletcher, A. Fletcher, C. Fletcher and E. Fletcher. im also putting my last name on my diaper bag, my ring sling and my Ergo. my ring sling and Ergo were not cheap. and i would cry if i was wearing my new LO in one and the other got stolen. esp. my Ergo! i just have to figure out how to mark my last name on my ring sling since its made of mesh. im thinking maybe fabric paint.

May I ask why people don't put their names on their strollers? Like with permanent marker or paint?

We plan to sell our strollers when we're done with them so I can't see using permanent paint or marker. A bike lock or buggy guard on the back wheels will do just fine.

She got her child out of the stroller, and my stroller shade was in her bag I got that back too. We have our name on the bottom of our strollers so if they claimed it was theirs we have a way to prove them wrong. Even hiding a card with your name in the seat or something not even permanently attached would be hard to explain to a cm how my name got on "their" stroller. She said someone gave her the stroller but her daughter said she picked it out. In all of our trips we have not had a problem, but this time we will be locking it up. My husband would be upset if our new $350 stroller rolled away with anyone other than us pushing it. I wonder if this would be covered under the disney vacation insurance if it where to disappear?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter