stroller for 7 y/o? opinions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when very valid questions are raised, yet ignored.

We're still wondering how to tell if someone is "healthy" just by looking at them. I'm sure the medical community is dying to know, too - imagine the benefits to mankind!

No, just you. :) Have the day you deserve but I don't plan to be a part of it.

Actually, several of us have wondered how it is, exactly, that you can tell whether or not a child is healthy.

You say that you are only talking about healthy children in your post, so we want to know how you determine if a child is healthy, and therefore, OK to judge for being in that stroller? You say your kids know what's "ridiculous" (refering to an older child in a stroller) but I say our children learn what we teach them by example. An older child in a stroller might have special needs, so how can you justify calling him/her "ridiculous" right away to your kids?

If your kids see an older child in a stroller at WDW and look at you & say "Mom...look at that kid in that stroller...what a BABY...what a loser!", what would you say? Would you agree? Or would you take the opportunity to explain that some kids have special needs and maybe that child needs a stroller, and that it's not polite to make judgements about strangers.

I think it is a valid question that deserves an answer.

As for having the day you think I deserve, well, I'm not really sure what you meant by that...I'm having a GREAT day with my smart, beautiful DD and I think I do deserve the best...for raising a child with autism in such a judgemental world.

I'm going with a soon to be 6 year old and he's been out of a stroller for ages. I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing for night time at the parks. I don't think I'll buy/bring a double stroller but renting one is costly. My DD's stroller has a step for the older kid to ride on so that might help. I'm sure with all the stopping and starting there will be many stops to rest along the way.Why did all the days i chose for meals land on late closings of the parks!@!

Actually, several of us have wondered how it is, exactly, that you can tell whether or not a child is healthy.

I think it is a valid question that deserves an answer.

I think it will remain a secret, lol. :rolleyes: But imagine the power to be able to tell your child "Yes, sweetie - it's appropriate to ridicule that child for being in a stroller - but not the one over there, because she's not well."

Enough! I think its time that everyone takes their toys and goes home now. Have a lovely evening all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter