• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller for 41lb 6 yr old

specrn

Mouseketeer
Sorry to be posting a stroller question and yes, my 6 yo needs a stroller. :( We are going in July along with our 3 yo. We have a medical condition we have to work around so strollers are absolutely necessary with great sun coverage.

My specific ?'s are:
City Mini vs City Elite - is the size difference worth the weight/bulk difference? Will my 6yo be that much more comfy in a city elite? He is VERY thin but 43 inches tall.
What about Bob?
We are staying at the BWV and are not looking forward to having to bring huge bulky strollers on the buses, but sun coverage is an absolute must so we want to rent rather than take our umbrella strollers.
Would love some input!
Thank you :)

Maybe consider the city mini GT since it's in the middle of the two. We like the elite's tires for our normal use but we own one. The GT has a higher weight limit, more space than the regular mini, and is lighter than the elite. The elite is the widest of the three and the heaviest but also holds the most weight and has a wider stance.

The GT and the elite also have very comparable head space for the child.

If you go to baby jogger's website at the VERY bottom of each stroller's page they list all the measurements and specs.

Best of luck finding what works for you.

For what it's worth, we don't mind "lugging" the stroller on the bus because it's seriously so easy in every other respect. This does not work for everyone. We stayed at the BWI with our 2.5 year old who was 39 inches and 35 pounds at the time.

that is so helpful...thanks! my 6yo is 43 inches and only 41 lbs so I feel like the city mini may be just fine. the gt of course would be better but that extra 5lbs is not something i look forward to lugging on the bus. :)

I own a Bob and I love it in the parks, I hate it for the buses. It's a really bulky difficult fold. Your son is the size of my 4 year olds. They fit fine in the regular citi mini. We rent the double and it's very easy on the buses.

One of the good things about staying at BWV is that you can take boats to EPCOT and DHS and for these boats you don't have to close your stroller. You can just wheel it on at the back of the boat..there is room for the stroller with kids sitting in it...very convenient.

The city mini would be fine but the elite may be better. All good either way. Our son is 72 lbs and 4 ft 4 at age 7.

We have a double elite for our girls (5 years and 40 and 42 pounds 40 and 44 inches respectively). They are both very comfortable in it and it's easy to push the entire day. Yes it would be nice if it folded smaller but twice a day for twenty minutes or so, of annoyance is more than made up by the ease of push and the comfort of the girls as they nap.

My daughter sounds like she is a very similar size (very tall and thin for her age, also 6). She and my tiny 4-year-old still fit into our City Mini. We are going in November when my daughter turns 7 and we will still bring the double stroller. Disney is huge and exhausting for even adults. Don't feel bad about bringing something for your child to sit in and enjoy the day :)

My 50lb, 45 inch 5 year old (at the time) fit just fine in the citi-mini.

Love the sun-shade on it, too!

We just picked up a used City Mini for my 49lb 6 yr old. It is easy to push, and the sun shade on it is amazing! I originally wanted a City Mini GT for the higher weight limit, but couldn't pass up the deal I got on the City Mini.

I have a 6 yr old that's still in a stroller due to medical reasons as well... He's a little bigger, but not much 46lbs, 47inches.... we have the regular ol' city mini. My best idea is to take him to a local store that sells these different strollers and if he is able, try them each out to see which you both like best! Our biggest reason for going with the CM is the shade comes WAY DOWN. In addition to his mobility issues, he has ASD and SPD... his biggest reason was to be able to HIDE from everyone, but I like that he is quite protected from the sun and its so easy to pick up/collapse (one hand) for being single mom and almost always needing to keep one hand on him. (We found a brand new, still in the box city mini at our local essex/bargain hunt for only $145.

My 3.5 year old is 42 inches and 43lbs. He climbed in our City Mini today at a festival we were at when his sister was walking. His head was at the top, but he seemed happy as a clam. I thought it seemed super heavy to push, but I am used to pushing my 2 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter