Stroller Dilemma

hmerritt

Mouseketeer
Okay- here's the scoop, our $200 evenflo broke and Evenflo is saying that part is not replaceable and "to discontinue use and go buy a new one". Well we're leaving in three weeks and I am having stroller dilemma's now.

1:My son is 3.5 and weighs right at or right over 40#. My daughter is only 1. So that almost eliminates a double stroller with the weight restrictions.

2: Both kids are super tall! So worried about those darn foot rests.

3: Would love a side by side, but they are not realistic for at home use, shopping etc. And don't want to spend $ for a stroller just for Disney. Was thinking two lightweights with that stroller connector?

4: Hate to buy two, but think about the days I am at my convention and my husband has to deal with them both alone.

5: Would prefer a reclining so they can snooze if they want.

I'm trying to think about use outside of WDW, but of course that's at the top of my mind right now because it's right around the corner. I really don't want this to be miserable because they are miserable in a stupid stroller. I want them to be comfortable whether at WDW, mall, etc.

Any advice on strollers would be helpful. I've read some really terrible reviews on strollers so I'm stumped at what to do. I heard something about Poly Concierge & rented strollers?

Heather

I would suggest wither a sit and stand. You DS should be able to use the stand area (higher priced ones also have a little seat) for a long time

or buy 2 of the combi SUBV's

or buy a stroller you like for your DD and rent for your DS

3: Would love a side by side, but they are not realistic for at home use, shopping etc. And don't want to spend $ for a stroller just for Disney. Was thinking two lightweights with that stroller connector?

We bought a side by side stroller specifically for Disney. We will probably never use it at home but at $55, it will be much cheaper than renting at Disney. If you are staying more than a few days, buying a stroller may be cheaper than renting.

Originally posted by sha_lyn

or buy 2 of the combi SUBV's

We did this for our last two trips.... had single strollers for our two (ages 3 and 1 1/2) We wont do that again!! To hard to chase after the olderone while pushing a stroller.... Our Double Grace dou glider, was too big and bulky for the trams and trains... (for our liking)

We are looking at the Sit and Stand stroller (this will make stroller #6 for us) We currently have.... ODD first stroller big and heavy, a single jogging stroller, a Graco Duo rider (or glider, I forget which) and two combi's. Oh and a couple of cheapo umbrellas too! LOL

Good luck deciding.... I know how hard it can be!

Just curious, what piece is it on your stroller that broke? My sister has an Evenflo and a piece on hers broke shortly after she got it. They told her to stop using it and they would send her a shipping bill to pay shipping back to them and send her a new one. She never heard back from them and they never sent her the shipping bill. Also, she never followed up on it. I am just wondering if this is a common problem with Evenflo strollers.

Maybe get a nicer one for DD and a cheaper one to use for DS if you won't be using one at home for him. You could consider renting a double the days you would be at the convention. Although the rentals can get pricey and not sure if would be comfy for a 1 year old. The Sit and Stands I have seen if the little one is laying down the older one will not be able to ride, keep this in mind if you think it might be a problem.

Was thinking two lightweights with that stroller connector?
I believe the that would end up being even wider than a double wide and probably would not work. We have both a double wide (baby trend) and a tandem (graco duoglider). I use the tandem three times as often as the side by side, because although the side by side SHOULD fit wherever a wheelchair can, it is still cumbersome in narrow places like shops, and single file crowd movements, etc. Some people swear by the doublewide saying its easier to turn and maneuver but I find my tandem duo glider to maneuver as well as a single large stroller like my old single peg perego (milano I think?).

You sure have a dilema...I don't know what to suggest. Have you considered renting one? There's no recline on those plastic ones though, but it might work for when your husband is alone with them.
And if theyre tired they won't need a recline - they might look really uncomfortable but they will still sleep I bet.

buy a stroller you like for your DD and rent for your DS
I Think this idea gets my vote. Sorry I wasn't more help.

My girls are 2 years apart and we bought this when they were 1 and 3 and used it all the time from then on! They have even better models now! FYI they older child can always stand even when younger child is lying down but can only sit when younger child is sitting up - never a problem for us. It is a great option because the older child and get on and off without assistance - especially helpful in wdw. The basket is a bit hard to access but manageble, its very easy to push and I found a great stroller for every day as well as WDW. FWIW I think this is the best long term - all around solution.

We tried two strollers and it was very inconvenient when one adult had two kids (bathroom etc). Also tried the connectors and it made the strollers impossible to push because the girls weighed differently. I think if you had two children of the same weight it may work better. Anyway - have a great trip.
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter