Stroller and toddler on bus by yourself?

And if its an option, consider staying at Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Swan or Dolphin? Walking distance to a park is amazing... to two is even better. Sleeping kiddo can basically be transported directly to the room.
Include Contemporary in that list. We walked straight to MK in the morning, and straight "home" at night. That way, we could still catch the fireworks at the hotel, even if our little one was done with the park

Include Contemporary in that list. We walked straight to MK in the morning, and straight "home" at night. That way, we could still catch the fireworks at the hotel, even if our little one was done with the park
You're right! I forgot Contemporary and Yacht Club. Probably others too :)

Agree with everyone's comments above. Keep everything in a backpack or even just a sturdy plastic bag that you can easily grab (vs. having to remove every single item from the stroller basket before folding it). Assuming she's still awake, I usually helped my toddler up onto the bus "step", told her to stay, and then turned and folded the stroller with apologetic looks to the people in line behind me. Shove the stroller under the seat on the bus if you can. When she falls asleep while waiting for the bus though, that is rough. Put on the backpack, sling her over my shoulder and pray she doesn't wake up, try to fold up stroller with one hand (lots of practice!) and carry them both onto the bus without whacking her head on anything. Oh the flashbacks...

And if its an option, consider staying at Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Swan or Dolphin? Walking distance to a park is amazing... to two is even better. Sleeping kiddo can basically be transported directly to the room.
I would love to stay at some of those, but we are staying at AoA. At least, I will have skyliner for 2 parks and won’t have to close the stroller!

Honestly I personally would just ask someone for help. A lot of the time I find people offer help and I know that my husband and I always try to help others when we can too. Once a mom was carrying her daughter and our son was walking so she put her kid in our stroller and we walked her all the way to her car at Universal lol So if I saw an adult or teenage boy standing around with nothing in his hands I would just ask them to lift the stroller for me and be very thankful and gracious about it. Plus I haven’t used Disney buses before, can you ask the driver and tip them?

I was a NYC mom so I have taken the bus/subway with DS hundreds of times. Backpack + city mini is your best bet.m. It has the easiest one handed fold on the market -which is also helpful if someone volunteers to help. It’s literally “pull up this nice loop here.” It isn’t the smallest stroller but we swore by it. They have a jogging version if your child is a little bigger. Both can be rented from off site stroller rental places (look for the brand baby jogger). You will have to clear out most of the stuff underneath the stroller to fold it, which is where a backpack or anything that can easily come off the handles comes in handy. Hands free is key! My kids are 12/9 and I still use a self-modified version of lesportsac’s Ryan baby bag and/or a backpack to haul our stuff around.

Baby wearing beyond a year gets tough. I wouldn’t count on it.

Timing is important as you really don’t want to travel when the buses are going to be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter