Stroller advice

I'll be honest, we used the 3D lite for 6 months as our backup "keep in the car" stroller to our City Mini GT. Loved it in the store. But pretty quickly we came to hate it.

It requires two hands to turn it (trying to open a door and push this thing through is... shudder), it was crazy unwieldy when moving, and our larger under two year old was not only cramped but was dragging his feet in it. Plus the seat was shallow, so the crotch strap was too tight, even loosened all the way. The sun visor was a joke (though to be fair, most are compared to the gargantuan one on City Mini).

The fold up required two hands (well, a foot and two hands), and was tricky in that you had to do it in the perfect sequence of popping one section before the other to fold it or it would seize up. DH is only 5'10" but kicked the back all the time. After a month he refused to use it, but I held out bc it was easier in tight aisles and took up a little less space in the car. Plus I'd just spent $60 on it! By the time I gave up on it, and started using the city mini again, I couldn't believe the difference. Comparably, the City Mini was like pushing and turning a feather (seriously, my kiddo is 34 lbs, but I can push it with my index finger!)

Could I use it again for a trip to the mall? Sure. But if I had to use it for more than a few days, let alone with WDW mileage it would be like the fax destroying scene in Office Space.

I know the City Mini isn't an option for you given the price, but I would check some resell shops first just in case. Personally, Mini do what the above poster suggested which is bring a cheaper stroller with you, but still rent the City Mini (GT, it has a tilting handle which helps for tall, long stride parents). Pushing a larger kiddo for miles is no joke. It's worth it to make it easier on yourself.

We have the 3D Lite because I wanted something with taller handles and the price fit the bill at the time we purchased it. I am not going to argue any of the issues you have with it, it isn't meant to fold with one hand and I can see where it can be tricky in doorways or steering with one hand. I am also 5'10" and do have to shorten my stride to not kick it in the back on occasion when walking fast. However, I have used at indoor and outdoor festivals, museums and the zoo that are crowded and the closet thing to being at the parks and don't notice those issues as much as I do on a quick shopping trip or walk around the neighborhood, etc.

At Disneyland (haven't been to WDW ever) there aren't too many doorways to navigate (you leave it outside). It it gets parked when not in use and will only get folded to get on the bus, tram at the beginning and end of each day (maybe if we go on the Monorail or Disneyland Railroad to get from point A to B). With the crowds I would plan on 2 handed steering to have more control and to avoid bumping into other people if possible. Lastly, I have to walk slower and shorten my stride because of the crowds and so the rest of my family can keep up with me anyways.

Our 4 year old and 2 year old have both been comfortable enough to fall alseep in it too (it relines almost flat).

If we decide to take and use it, I will let you know if we end up regretting it for any of these reasons.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter