Stroller Advice

doindisneyagain

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the stroller clips that connect two umbrella strollers together to create a double stroller. We were planning on renting a double stroller for our 5 day stay at WDW, because I was under the impression that if you rented it one day, then it's good for you entire stay. Now I realize it's good for the entire day even if you switch parks. But a stroller rental for 5 days will run $60. So I've decided we could buy a double umbrella stroller for that price - then I came across these stroller clips and wondered how well they worked. We have 2 umbrella strollers already, so it would be ideal.

Also, is there any place at the parks to leave a stroller until you need it. We would like to not worry about a stoller until the kids get tired of walking (My DD are 2 and 4). They are more of a pain with a stroller - they always want to push instead of ride and they can't make up their mind wether they want to walk or ride. So most of the time we end up pushing an empty stroller around. I figured we could just park it at a ride or something and then come back for it when we need it. Is there a stroller "parking lot". Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

I use them at home. They work pretty well, though the strollers are a little hard to push. I probably wouldn't use them at Disney, because my kids aren't comfortable in an umbrella stroller for a long period of time. But they do have the advantage of being able to unclip relatively easily, then you'd have two small umbrella strollers for moving through the crowds.

I'd just park the strollers outside one of the major attractions along with the hundreds of others there from the people on the ride. The CM's will move them around some to keep things neat, but I don't think you really have to worry about them being stolen.

We used those exact clips in Disney twice. Worked out pretty good. At times the center wheels got stuck which was a small pain. We actually broke one by mistake on the last trip. Overall a good idea. Got numerous comments from passer-bys.

No way we were paying everyday for a stroller.

Good luck

I bought them 2 yrs ago when my DDs were 2 & 4 :)
I used them on 2 of the same strollers ... otherwise I think they wouldn't work so well. We liked that we could separate easily and move thru crowds faster but if one of use needed to leave then one person could wheel the stroller.

The strollers wheel OK with the connectors - they go straight well but are a bit hard to turn. The one pain was that w/the strollers I used, I need 2 hands at all times - most umbrella strollers don't have that one bar across the top for steering but 2 handles. When you attach 2 of them, that makes 4 handles! But I used the strollers in the airport, in Downtown Disney. between the buses and our hotel room so I found having my own strollers was well worth it. Now, my girls are 4 and 6 and I'm inclined to rent a double stroller at the park since they're so much more mobile now (but still can't walk thru the whole day).

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

I reccommend that you invest in a sit-n-stand stroller. The front seat reclins so the toddler can sleep when needed and the 4 yr old can hop on and off the platform all she wants.

i wouldnt take the umbrellas because they cant sleep in them.

I bought a kolcraft double umbrella stroller for under $60 last year to carry my 4 & 5 yr old boys. It reclined individually so one could sleep and had separate sun shields. I hung bags of the back if I bought anything or brought the backpack. It folds up fine for the tram too. I will bring it again in April, but the sun visor now hits the top of my 6 yr olds head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter