Stripped, loaded, can someone explain further for me?

So when I paid MF in Jan 2017 for my Feb contract, I paid for 1 month of my 2016 UY & 11 months of my 2017 UY, is that correct?
Exactly, not a big deal for 1 month but might be a big deal for later in the year. For a Dec UY it can easily be a $6 pp swing.

Yes.

One of the funny things with brokers that I've noticed is that as it gets later in the year they seem to start advising sellers to do current points with "no maintenance fees". Kind of throws their argument of "if you receive the points you pay the maintenance fees" out the window. But perhaps by that time buyers get more resistant to that since they'll also have to pay next years maintenance upon closing and they have a harder time with that argument.
The reality is that any limitation or reduced ability to either rent or use a point potentially reduces it's value. This is likely part of the reason DVC only charges for the remaining months in the UY rather than the entire fee on a retail purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter