Stressed.....

DjdBrit

DIS Veteran
Our family arrives at WDW on Wednesday after a 2 year absence, it seems like in the 2 years SO much has changed... and not for the better.

In an effort to keep up I have been reading and reviews many things on this site. My ADR's, FP+, all that stuff is done but really feeling the heat here.

The FP+ set up is a nightmare and now reading about the SB stuff with Soarin, on top of all the complaints about the BC (where we are staying) not feeling the love right now.

:confused3:confused3

I hear you about the planning stress for sure! But how cool that you'll be there in 5 days!

Have a FANTASTIC time!!!

You are going in 5 days. You will be fine. All your stuff is taken care of. No huge changes will happen in five days and you already have your fast passes booked.

Everyone has opinions about hotels and for every good review of any hotel, you'll have 3 bad ones.

Really, just relax. You haven't been in two years, be excited, you're going to have fun! If you read, even people who don't like fast pass are still having great vacations.

:goodvibes awww your almost there. I am a planning freak so i am still 3 months out and loving all this.. my mother keeps reminding me to leave time for fun :lmao: But just think by this time next week you will be enjoying all the magic

how can going yo the happiest place on earth be stressful? I understand that "crap" happens and how you deal with it makes your vacation but just relax. FP/FP+/ADR who cares... Once your there it will all come together... trust me :). Enjoy your vacation...I'm jealous!!!.

I'm jealous! I still have 264 days to go!!! There may be some changes but the magic is still definitely there. Have a great time!:worship:

To quote a line from one of my favorite movies

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

If you give up and figure it's all going to be a disaster before you even get there, you set yourself up for it being a disaster....the stressful part is done, getting everything setup; plan on everything working great with maybe a hiccup or two and you might be surprised how great it all turns out.

You will have a great time no matter what, but it's a shame that it went from being the most magical place on earth to the most stressful. We have pulled out of a planned trip and have no desire to ever go back right now. Make the best of it....it's always better than work!:thumbsup2

I think that Soarin' business will be over with next week. I think I read it was just a 3 day test (and all reports are it didn't go that well).

Anyway, try not to worry or stress. It's Disney! Just know that you can have a good time no matter what, as long as that's your mindset.

The Soarin' issue was a 3 day test and is complete. I doubt it will effect your plans next week. We are a couple weeks away and I understand the frustration. We decided to book what we think we'll need and then just wing it from there.

It's Disney. You'll have fun, let go of the stress and enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth.

There have been a lot of changes in the past 2 years, but the best thing is not even think about it!

It is very easy to stress in the pre trip period, freaking out over "oh god I want everyone to have fun, I hope I picked the right fp times and adrs" and such, but once you get there, that all melts away. Don't think about everything negative you've heard, because your experience will be completely unique to you! Once you're in that huge Disney bubble, just focus on having fun, so what if you miss a fast pass or don't get on a ride, keep smiling, make some memories and it will all work out for the best!

Have an awesome time!! :)

Our family arrives at WDW on Wednesday after a 2 year absence, it seems like in the 2 years SO much has changed... and not for the better.

In an effort to keep up I have been reading and reviews many things on this site. My ADR's, FP+, all that stuff is done but really feeling the heat here.

The FP+ set up is a nightmare and now reading about the SB stuff with Soarin, on top of all the complaints about the BC (where we are staying) not feeling the love right now.

:confused3:confused3

Seems like anyone who hasn't visited since 2012, is in for big changes. Like you, our last trip was 2012, and I've mentioned before what a difference those two years have made. The closer it gets to our trip, the more difficult it is to read the stories of FP+ and MBs gone wrong. We are however, going in with an open mind and hoping for the best. As others have said, you're going to Disney--have a great time :thumbsup2

Our family arrives at WDW on Wednesday after a 2 year absence, it seems like in the 2 years SO much has changed... and not for the better. In an effort to keep up I have been reading and reviews many things on this site. My ADR's, FP+, all that stuff is done but really feeling the heat here. The FP+ set up is a nightmare and now reading about the SB stuff with Soarin, on top of all the complaints about the BC (where we are staying) not feeling the love right now. :confused3:confused3

What are you hearing about BC? Staying there in 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything new.

Take the complaints about the bc with a grain of salt.... We've stayed there twice and even though the rooms were a little tired last time, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

We haven't been there since Jan 2011 and I'm excited beyond belief! Just be happy that you are blessed enough to be able to go and STOP STRESSING! :goodvibes:cool1: Look at the new changes as a new adventure.... I know you will have a blast!

I know I am very grateful to be going, especially as this trip was not planned. Just reading all this stuff made me crazy!

I will relax and enjoy :)

You've already done your FP's and ADR's?? Then the stressful part is over! Don't dwell on other's negative comments.

All you need to focus on now is that your planning is done, you're almost here, and you'll have a magical time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter