• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strategy Guide

Im new to DIS but I was wondering if you guys could make me a strategy guide?

Welcome - So much great information in this thread - it IS a strategy guide. If you have a specific question there is a search box in the upper right corner or you can initiative your own question by clicking "Post New Thread".

Welcome!

The issue is that every traveling party is made up of different ages, abilities, fears, likes, dislikes, number of people, personalities, 1st trip/40th trip, etc that it’s basically impossible to make one guide.

The best thing to do is read this board and the other trip planning boards. There are excellent sticky threads with tons of info and everyone is most helpful here if you have a specific question about your trip. While reading consider your parties personalities, likes, dislikes, etc and go from there. :)

Do you need a strategy guide for the Chicago DISmeet that you’ll be attending?

If so, the best strategy is to ask Disney questions at the meet. In that way, DISers in attendance can ask for immediate clarification to best respond to your questions. It will save you time from having to read a thread that may or may not consist of the best responses to your needs.

a good strategy might be to look into a touring plans subscription. It will help with the time management of your trip.
Go to the library and get one of the planning guides even if it is a couple years old. Read it cover to cover.

As you get into the planning process - read posts here, search for post and ask lots of questions. There are so many facets to planning a trip: Dining reservations, when to go, who you are going with, the interests/priorities of the party going, budget, resorts, fast passes. It can be overwhelming. If you have never gone then do not try to plan a trip less than a 9 months - a year out. You need the time to figure everything out- from if you want table service or will you be happy with quick service. Hard to get dining reservations (BOG, CRT, Ohana) need to be done at 6am when you hit 180 days from your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter