Strange reservation merge

houseofduck

DIS Veteran
I recently requested a merge of two reservations. I also had an additional reservation for the following day at the same resort but with different guests listed on the reservation. For this additional day, the lead guest was the same, but there were no other guests listed (like there were on the two reservations that I requested to be merged). Member Services merged all three reservations.

In the past, they have merged reservations without me requesting, but in those cases, all of the reservation information was the same. It’s not a big deal because the additional night is at the end of the reservation and I can cancel it if we decide we don’t need it. I just thought that they wouldn’t merge reservations that didn’t have the exact room type and guest list. Has this type of merge happened to anyone else?

I recently requested a merge of two reservations. I also had an additional reservation for the following day at the same resort but with different guests listed on the reservation. For this additional day, the lead guest was the same, but there were no other guests listed (like there were on the two reservations that I requested to be merged). Member Services merged all three reservations.

In the past, they have merged reservations without me requesting, but in those cases, all of the reservation information was the same. It’s not a big deal because the additional night is at the end of the reservation and I can cancel it if we decide we don’t need it. I just thought that they wouldn’t merge reservations that didn’t have the exact room type and guest list. Has this type of merge happened to anyone else?
I expect they merged so you wouldn't be moved during your stay.

One risk could be if you have dining plan, that is for the full party for the full length of stay, so if the last night is just one person, you wouldn't want to pay for the DP for all three guests that last night.

I didn't realize they would consider doing a merge without the owner requesting it. If I want something merged, I'll ask. I know the merge has to be the same resort and room type - and probably the same lead guest. Interesting information about your experience. DisTravels point about DDP is a really good one - that could get messy. I also sometimes have reservations separated for a period of time because I might waitlist something else for part of the trip. Sounds like an overly enthusiastic case member thinking they were helping.

Thinking about it more, I think the mailing address and contact information were different on the two reservations also. I guess they saw that the lead guest names were the same and decided that we wanted it merged with the others.

I actually do have a waitlist request for the dates that don’t include the last day. I didn’t ask for it to replace this reservation, but they may just decide to do it anyway!

It can get a bit uncertain if you have a waitlist that's only for a part of an existing reservation. If you have, for example, a waitlist for 7 nights, but now your actual reservation is for 8 nights (due to the merging), I'm not sure how the system would handle that.

I've only had reservations merged at my request so can't offer any great insight. The last time was because I had like 4 different reservations as I was trying to cobble together a split stay and was snagging rooms as they became available at BLT. DVC isn't great with how they let you "modify" reservations, meaning you have to basically wipe out a whole reservation and rebook.

I have not had any merging without my asking. I wonder if they figured the CM who put in the request made an error and why l were done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter