Storytellers Cafe for Birthday Dinner?

MychaelP

Mouseketeer
Anyone try the Storytellers Cafe for dinner lately? I'm thinking of going there for my Birthday dinner since someone said they have Prime Rib. My wife doesn't get much at Steakhouse 55, so I thought this place might be a good idea since I could still get Prime Rib, but she can pretty much choose anything from the buffet. I read they have a 10% discount for the Disney Visa. I don't have an annual pass anymore, but since we are going to stay down the road and walk to Downtown Disney in the evening anyway, thought about giving this a thought. Walked by it 100's of times on our way to the DCA entry. Experiences good?

I enjoy Storytellers.... BUT.... I don't believe they have Prime Rib, it is a New York Strip.
I think any kind of tender beef would be great. I've had the prime rib at Steakhouse 55 a few years ago, and it was 50% fat and $45 at the time so I wouldn't get that again there. thanks, I also remember Storytellers around 9pm seems very quiet, might make for a nice evening out.

We went during D23, so that was what, about 3 weekends ago. We enjoy the buffet. It's not a huge selection, but the quality is always good. On the carving station that night they had turkey and roast beef. There's usually a salmon dish, some pasta, I think there was pork chops that were good. Small salad bar, great dessert bar. Small area of kid's stuff, the mac and cheese is great. mashed potatoes, the vegetable was a mix of edamame, sauteed onions, garlic, etc. I love their corn chowder, always get at least one bowl.

We went to Storytellers last December for dinner and will be going again in October. We like it for dinner although no prime rib that i can remember but a few other options. It is only buffet now I believe. It used to be either buffet or menu but i think it is no longer an option. Some correct me if wrong.

We went during D23, so that was what, about 3 weekends ago. We enjoy the buffet. It's not a huge selection, but the quality is always good. On the carving station that night they had turkey and roast beef. There's usually a salmon dish, some pasta, I think there was pork chops that were good. Small salad bar, great dessert bar. Small area of kid's stuff, the mac and cheese is great. mashed potatoes, the vegetable was a mix of edamame, sauteed onions, garlic, etc. I love their corn chowder, always get at least one bowl.
Thanks, the roast beef will be similar to Prime Rib for me, close enough and I can get more than one plate! I'm almost sold on this option. had to cancel our plans for Carlsbad beach hotel in case the smoke heads that way from the Murrieta fire. I miss Disney, so even if not going in, it's the feel you get in that area for me.

Thanks, the roast beef will be similar to Prime Rib for me, close enough and I can get more than one plate! I'm almost sold on this option. had to cancel our plans for Carlsbad beach hotel in case the smoke heads that way from the Murrieta fire. I miss Disney, so even if not going in, it's the feel you get in that area for me.

I live in the area (north San Diego), there is no way the smoke from Murrieta would get anywhere near Carlsbad. The wind blows from the coast towards inland and Murrieta is far enough north that even if it switched during a Santa Ana, it wouldn't be a problem in Carlsbad. I can see a general smokiness if I look north, but can't smell it, it's way too far away.
But anyway, we sometimes will go hang out in DTD for a night. You still get the theme park feeling and happy crowds and good food. We like to hang out in the bar at the Grand Californian also, Hearthstone.

I also remember Storytellers around 9pm seems very quiet, might make for a nice evening out.

Storyteller's is pretty much always quiet in the evenings now. It's been that way since they got rid of the menu. We walked by last night on our way to Napa Rose - about 7:15-7:20 and there were only 2 tables with people at them. There was a CM standing in the doorway holding a stuffed Mickey Mouse, waving at everybody who walked by. It was actually pretty sad.

We used to dine at Storyteller's every single week, but I can't do the buffet due to allergies so we don't go there any more. I sure wish they would bring the menu back!!

We were there on a Saturday night, had a reservation for 7:40 and had to wait about 10 minutes after checking in. It was really busy there, every table was full. I guess it just depends on what day of the week it is.

For me, Storytellers is just average overall. Some of the buffet dishes are done really, really well. Some are just meh. So your experience will depend on what you're eating and how well it's done. But on the plus size, it always has something for everyone.

We were there on a Saturday night, had a reservation for 7:40 and had to wait about 10 minutes after checking in. It was really busy there, every table was full. I guess it just depends on what day of the week it is.

That's good to hear. We rarely go on Saturday nights, so hadn't seen it busy in a very long time.

I live in the area (north San Diego), there is no way the smoke from Murrieta would get anywhere near Carlsbad. The wind blows from the coast towards inland and Murrieta is far enough north that even if it switched during a Santa Ana, it wouldn't be a problem in Carlsbad. I can see a general smokiness if I look north, but can't smell it, it's way too far away.
But anyway, we sometimes will go hang out in DTD for a night. You still get the theme park feeling and happy crowds and good food. We like to hang out in the bar at the Grand Californian also, Hearthstone.
Thanks, I wasn't sure about the smoke, I just might look into that again then tomorrow. Nothing like planning a night away at the last minute huh? I'm easy though, so probably will end up near Disney, just makes me feel good when I'm there, even if not inside. Unless my wife convinces us to get our passes again. Love the options and suggestions people have chimed in with, thanks again

Be sure to tell someone that it`s your wife`s birthday. They used to come to your table with a lit candle in a cupcake and sing a little birthday bit. That was when they had menus and table service so I don`t know if they still do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter