Stormalong bay not open

Just wondering-what about Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Villas at Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower? All those resorts have a relatively small percentage of DVC guests for the feature pool. During the time when those DVC resorts open, will the feature pool be open for the DVC guests, or will they be following SAB's lead and not open? If they open SAB should also. And BCV guests are the only DVC guests left without access to any pool with a slide.

The feature pools at the other resorts are opening, but with limited hours, and limited capacity. Disney has chosen not to open SAB, which they have the right to do, and they really don’t have to tell anyone why. I have my suspicions, but nothing to ground them in.

They have changed it today and added that BCV guests can go to Boardwalk to use that pool.

SAB is big and requires a lot more line-of-sight guards than many other feature pools.

A whole bunch of thee lifeguard staff come outta DCP.

I just saw that. It did not say that so a change, Only problem I see is that walking all the way there, what happens if it’s full?
Oh yeah no that would be awful...and a very realistic possibility. Especially with us trying to lug our 1 year old over there only to find it maxed out. Our never ending saga finding a place to stay continues!

Oh yeah no that would be awful...and a very realistic possibility. Especially with us trying to lug our 1 year old over there only to find it maxed out. Our never ending saga finding a place to stay continues!

Use a stroller?

Use a stroller?
Haha obviously! I guess I just mean getting him all ready for the pool (sunscreen, swim diaper, bathing suit) and clothes to change him into for the walk back...plus making sure not to forget anything because you can't just run back to your room...well you can but whoever has to would not be pleased...if we were staying at BWV I would just wrap him in a towel and walk to the room to do all the changing. It just adds a few extra steps...not the end of the world but not the most ideal either!

I’m with you.... BCV booked first .... moved to BWV after SAB announcement .... sharing a pool with two resorts sounds really crowded with no parks.... I find it funny that Disney is saying I can’t even resort hop for quick service but because it’s convenient for them they can keep SAB closed and put BCV and BWV at the same pool. I’m sure they have their reasons for closing but staffing shouldn’t be the issue they have lifeguards from two water parks that are unemployed.

I’m with you.... BCV booked first .... moved to BWV after SAB announcement .... sharing a pool with two resorts sounds really crowded with no parks.... I find it funny that Disney is saying I can’t even resort hop for quick service but because it’s convenient for them they can keep SAB closed and put BCV and BWV at the same pool. I’m sure they have their reasons for closing but staffing shouldn’t be the issue they have lifeguards from two water parks that are unemployed.
We can't resort hop for quick service?

I am very disappointed. The main reasons I booked BCV was to walk to EPCOT and maybe HS and SAB. Now we cannot park hop and SAB is closed. I am beyond disappointed.

We can't resort hop for quick service?
I have spoken with two DVC member services supervisors that said you cannot. I also called Disney and they confirmed. However, I have seen a report that someone else was told by member services that you could. I've kept my reservation at Boardwalk even with the shared pool because of this. Changes can be made to the new plans at anytime so I guess we will see what happens. I sent emails to member services about this and the BWV BCV pool situation.

I have spoken with two DVC member services supervisors that said you cannot. I also called Disney and they confirmed. However, I have seen a report that someone else was told by member services that you could. I've kept my reservation at Boardwalk even with the shared pool because of this. Changes can be made to the new plans at anytime so I guess we will see what happens. I sent emails to member services about this and the BWV BCV pool situation.
This makes a difference. I almost booked a monorail resort to resort hop for food options and why I would not stay at Boardwalk. I am irritated Hurricane Hanas will not be open leaving only BC marketplace.

This makes a difference. I almost booked a monorail resort to resort hop for food options and why I would not stay at Boardwalk. I am irritated Hurricane Hanas will not be open leaving only BC marketplace.

For those staying at BCV for the first time, be aware that there are no grilled or fried options at the marketplace. Beach n Cream, the sit down restaurant does offer those types of foods but not to go, just for eat in.

For those staying at BCV for the first time, be aware that there are no grilled or fried options at the marketplace. Beach n Cream, the sit down restaurant does offer those types of foods but not to go, just for eat in.
Beaches N Cream will be too small to have in restaurant dining. It is tiny.

I have spoken with two DVC member services supervisors that said you cannot. I also called Disney and they confirmed. However, I have seen a report that someone else was told by member services that you could.
I think some guests place a lot of pressure on CMs to give them the answer they want to hear, or simply choose to remember from their conversation with CMs the answer they wanted to hear. At this point, if you have to get past a guard shack at a hotel where you don't have a hotel or restaurant reservation in the system, I would assume that you will be turned away. I'm sure the guards will be afflicted by many other guests trying to get into the resort without having a reservation, but we can each choose not to be part of the problem and thereby give the CM a break.

I think some guests place a lot of pressure on CMs to give them the answer they want to hear, or simply choose to remember from their conversation with CMs the answer they wanted to hear. At this point, if you have to get past a guard shack at a hotel where you don't have a hotel or restaurant reservation in the system, I would assume that you will be turned away. I'm sure the guards will be afflicted by many other guests trying to get into the resort without having a reservation, but we can each choose not to be part of the problem and thereby give the CM a break.
Yes, some have said no way they can police this, but in the first few weeks it should be easy. Only bus transportation to and from Disney Springs. Someone could easily scan your Magic Band as you enter the resort. Maybe they will maybe not, but I will be making dining reservations at any resort I wish to visit. I do hope they let me walk to Beaches and Cream for ice cream since people will be walking back and forth between BWV and BCV for pool use.

BW pool is too small for BW guests. With social distancing and limited people getting into the parks, I don't see how sending BC and Yacht club guests over the the BW makes any sense.

BW pool is too small for BW guests. With social distancing and limited people getting into the parks, I don't see how sending BC and Yacht club guests over the the BW makes any sense.

Right now it is only BCV. If it remains closed when YC and BC open, then it may be a bigger issue because BWI will probably open then too.

Given the change in availability at BCV for those first few weeks, I don’t think it’s going to be a lot of people who are there to start

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter