Stores close to MCO

Auntie Bon

Mouseketeer
We are staying for one night at the Crowne Plaza on International Drive before our cruise. Are there any stores nearby where we could purchase our soda before we catch the bus to Pt. Canaveral?

Not sure exactly where the Crowne Plaza is but there are at least 3 Walgreens on I-drive. There was a Goodings at one point (don't know if it's still there), and I think there was at least one if not 2 ABC's (liquor, beer, wine, pop)

The Goodings was still there a few months ago. Go north on I-drive and it is just before Mercado (or after - I cannot remeber?) on the east (right) side of the road. If you go just a little further north, you'll hit Sand Lake. If you head east on Sand Lake, in about 3 miles you'll see a Walmart on the right. Another mile or two and you'll cross the Orange Blosson Trail US17-92. The Florida mall (big mall) is on your right. Another 1/4 mile past the Florida Mall, and Target is on the right.

Not a good map, but here's a start:

http://www.orlando-hotels-motels-and-resorts.com/Orlando_Florida_International_Drive_map.html

Originally posted by Auntie Bon
We are staying for one night at the Crowne Plaza on International Drive before our cruise. Are there any stores nearby where we could purchase our soda before we catch the bus to Pt. Canaveral?

How will you catch a bus from the Crowne Plaza Resort Orlando to the port? The Crowne Plaza is not near MCO. You might be best off taking a rental car or a Towncar service.

But I have good news regarding a grocery store that's near the Crowne Plaza. There's a big, new Publix about a mile southwest of the Crowne Plaza.

Crowne Plaza Resort Orlando
12000 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Publix (Store #00812)
Regency Village Shopping Center
8145 Vineland Ave (at International Drive)
Orlando, FL 32821

On our last visit to WDW, we drove up and down that stretch of International Drive all the time because we were staying at a Marrott timeshare near Sea World. The Crowne Plaza looks very nice.

By the way, the others who responded to your question are thinking of a different stretch of International Drive.

We are actually staying at the Crowne Plaza on Hazeltine National Drive not on International Drive.

Anyone know of stores near this hotel?

We are actually staying at the Crowne Plaza on Hazeltine National Drive not on International Drive.
That Crowne Plaza is just north of the airport in an area with lots of other hotels.

There's a Walgreen's a short distance north on SR-436 at 5702 Lee Vista Blvd. But if you don't have a car, it may be difficult to get to.

How are you planning to get to the store?

If it's not in walking distance then I'll have to take a taxi cab to the store.
By the time you pay for a cab both ways, it becomes questionable whether it's worth it to buy soda ahead of time, or whether it's easier just buying soda on the ship -- especially when you account for the inconvenience of having to call for cabs twice and having to lug the soda through the check-in process, along with all your other carry-ons.

You may want to ask at the hotel. Perhaps they'll have some ideas.

According to Barb and Tony's DCL room service menu, you can order beverage packages from room service. The prices will be higher for the soda itself, but overall, you might be better off. And it will be a lot easier.

Are you doing A 7 day? eastern? western? If western you can shop in KW on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter