Stop pouring those Splenda packets into the measuring cup...

MyDisneySig

<font color=6699FF>The Family Disney Vacation Plan
I was faced with the task of opening all those packets (bought the big box at Sam's Club) for some holiday baking :crazy:

so I took DoeWDW's advice and emailed Splenda with the big question:

How many packets of Splenda equals one cup ??

Well, they wrote back and here's what they said:

Thank you for visiting the SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener website. We hope you became more familiar with SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener during your visit to the site.

In SPLENDA (R) Packets, sucralose is combined with maltodextrin and dextrose. These ingredients will contribute 1 gram of carbohydrate and four calories per packet. The packets are more condensed in sweetness; they do not take up as much volume. One packet has the sweetness of 2 teaspoons of sugar.

When using SPLENDA (R) Packets to prepare a recipe, 24 packets will equal the sweetness of 1 cup of sugar

SPLENDA (R) Granular has been formulated to be used cup for cup in place of sugar. We recommend using this form for cooking and baking. In SPLENDA (R) Granular, the bulking agent is the common food starch, maltodextrin, which contributes 1/2 gram of carbohydrate, and two calories per teaspoon. It is important to note that sugar has a number of food science properties besides sweetening (for example it provides moisture and structure to recipes). SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener works best in recipes where it is intended to sweeten. Please see the SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener cooking and baking tips on our website at www.SPLENDA.com for more information.

Sounds like the packets are sweeter, so filling the measuring cup with packet Splenda would be way too sweet!

So 24 packets it is. Hope this helps!! :teeth:

WOW! Only 24 packets? I'm wondering if the peanut butter cookies will turn out OK with less than one cup of Splenda? The recipe calls for one cup of pnut butter, one cup of Splenda and one egg. So do I really use only 24 packets, or go ahead and measure out the one cup?
Anyone know?

Well now I understand why that Mock pastry I made was so sweet. I used all those little packets to make up the 2 tbsp. It was way too sweet for me.
gonna try it again with the granulated I bought the other day.
Wow, Splenda is expensive. Peggie

I bought a HUGE box of Splenda packets at Costco. I haven't checked, but I hear they carry the bag of Splenda also.

I'm glad to hear the Splenda people responded to your question! I would never have guessed that the packets of Splenda have less filler in them than the granular Splenda! This is great info for me since I use both kinds in my kitchen!

Thanks for getting the answer and posting it here!! ::yes::

If you need the bulk, use the granular Splenda (the stuff in the box/bag). If you just need the sweetness, use the packets.

1 packet = 2 teaspoons granular Splenda = 2 teaspoons sugar
24 packets = 1 cup granular Splenda = 1 cup sugar

By the way... if you're counting carbs, be sure to count your Splenda!

1 cup of granular Splenda has 24 carbs

1 packet of Splenda has 1 carb (technically, .9 - but go ahead and round it up)

Where do the carbs come from? The maltodextrin they use to make it cup-for-cup (the packet carbs also come from the filler).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter