Stomach virus going around at Disney

Funny....and ingenious :rotfl2:I don't believe the "kill germs on contact" part, but at least provides more of a barrier.
24601972540_b98cd5f57f.jpg
I'd be worried about what the Chinese would consider a "safe" antiseptic...
A quick search shows these are no longer available at Amazon or Sears... I wonder why?

I really thought I was bad! LOL!! I do the wipes on the plane, and I also get lots of eye rolling and snarky comments from DH and kids as I wipe everyones tray, belt buckle, arm rest etc. (as a side note, one flight I saw a toddler do a big messy wet sneeze directly on tray table and smear it in while laughing and coughing. I think the eye rolling stopped then.) I also wipe the room with clorox wipes. I saw a dateline show about hotel rooms and in many 4 and 5 star hotels they found fecal matter, e. coli, and a bunch of other nasty stuff all over the room, on the remote, even the light switches. I won't even tell you what they found splattered on the wall and bed spread. I have never been able to get it out of my head.

But in all my germ-o-phobia-ness, I have NEVER heard of the flesh colored glove! It's genius! I can't tell you how much I cringe on rides like Buzz, TSMM, and the above mentioned Pooh queue. Do you get odd looks when putting them on? When do you put them on? You are brave ElenaJane, you will soon be skewered by non-germophobes telling you that you should live in a bubble, should not leave your house etc. But I think you may start a flesh colored glove craze!

Lol! Thanks for the support!! I can't say I have gotten any looks (that I noticed...I'm sure plenty of people have rolled their eyes). If grown adults can wear matching Tshirts and Mickey Ears, I can put on my flesh colored gloves dog gone it!! DH had the same experience. After he saw a few episodes of sneezes directly on Buzz guns, etc, he started asking for his gloves. On cold weather days, you can get away with the gloves a little more. I bring two pairs with me, so I wash one at the end of the day and have a clean pair. Yep, I'm crazy! The gloves and sprays and wipes won't protect us from the common cold airborne droplets. I might need to step up my game....
QHzpiwd.gif

We drive 15 hours road time. We do 2 days down and stop at the Florida Georgia line, but shove it all together and do the drive in 1 day home. We are a group of three and the car gets at least 30 mpg. We will save a bunch. More money for mouse stuff and better food.

I'm another one who carries wipes! For airplane and hotel room. After every ride I use gel. There's always lap belts, bars, something that must be touched.
But the one time I got sick at WDW was from someone sneezing while talking to me and not covering at a gift shop. Ugh. It's amazing to me how many people don't cover sneezes or coughs. Or cough into their hand then touch stuff (rides).

I call that "A Disney Sneeze" - someone on the bus sneezed directly into the back of my husbands head once. Gross!

I take it to another level and have flesh-colored gloves we use for rides where you have to hold on (roller coasters and "shoot 'em" rides) and for buffets. Of course there is a lot of hand washing. I am pleased to say DH now asks for wipes and the gloves!

A quick search shows these are no longer available at Amazon or Sears... I wonder why?

Maybe they sold out because THEY ARE SO AWESOME!! lol.

Or maybe because they're out of business. Searching for GermBana turned up this Bloomberg page which shows GermBana's web site as www.germbana.com, but following that link indicates the web server isn't operating. Nor could I find anything in the way of scientific articles indicating that these actually work, though I know I've seen some general articles on similar, physical antimicrobial technology.

Or maybe because they're out of business. Searching for GermBana turned up this Bloomberg page which shows GermBana's web site as www.germbana.com, but following that link indicates the web server isn't operating. Nor could I find anything in the way of scientific articles indicating that these actually work, though I know I've seen some general articles on similar, physical antimicrobial technology.
Good research! I guess those two pairs I bought wasn't enough to keep them in business. I should of hoarded them when I could. :crazy:
I don't think they really "kill germs". I just liked that they were close to my skin tone and didn't stand out so much.

sorry - I don't understand the whole glove thing. So you don't want to have hand contact with something, so you put the gloves. How do you take the gloves off so you don't touch what you didn't want to touch?

Better off just washing your hands after touching things. I kind of make the same argument against sneezing and coughing into my sleeve. Whey would I want to walk around with that on my shirt all day when I can just sneeze and cough into my hand and go wash it off and it's gone.

So glad I didn't see this post during my stay the week of Jan 17!! I would have been even more paranoid than I already was!! I'm fortunate to say we all stayed healthy!!

Ugh, nothing sucks worse than getting sick on vacation, especially at WDW where you can't easily reschedule stuff. It is like burning $$$$$. One time my daughter got some sort of virus while we were there. Luckily it was short lived and there was no vomiting. Me and her just basically chilled at the resort for the afternoon and by morning she was all better. We lost maybe a half of a day of touring.

sorry - I don't understand the whole glove thing. So you don't want to have hand contact with something, so you put the gloves. How do you take the gloves off so you don't touch what you didn't want to touch?

Better off just washing your hands after touching things. I kind of make the same argument against sneezing and coughing into my sleeve. Whey would I want to walk around with that on my shirt all day when I can just sneeze and cough into my hand and go wash it off and it's gone.

I definitely don't expect anybody else to use gloves. For me, I just like the least amount of contamination. Medical School and Zombie movies have ruined me I guess!

About the hand thing...
http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html
And a lot more fun.... :)

I think no matter when you go, you need to practice good hygiene. We went last May and I'm very adamant about regular hand washing, but we were woken up at 3am one night to my 2 year old throwing up all over the bed. Thankfully no one else caught it and he got better quickly, but still no fun.

Good research! I guess those two pairs I bought wasn't enough to keep them in business. I should of hoarded them when I could. :crazy:
I don't think they really "kill germs". I just liked that they were close to my skin tone and didn't stand out so much.

Whatever you have to do to not get sick, I am all for. For all those who laugh, when they are vomiting for a few days after spending thousands on a Disney vacation, you will be the one with the last laugh.

I keep it simple: I wash my hands properly when needed and I do not touch my face, especially not rubbing my eyes because a lot of viruses enter through the eyes as this is a perfect entry zone. I am rarely ill because I do not think about the whole sanitizing-germ-virus-infections-thing much and I ate a lot of dirt and sand when I was a child. I once bought sanitizing wipes for hotel-rooms, airplane-seats and restaurants but I have never used them...

I too am a bring my own pump antibacterial hand soap, use Clorox wipes on planes and rooms, and use lots of different hand cleaning products when out. I just wanted to add that although it sounds crazy it actually works, drink Welch's grape juice (not white) as soon as someone in your family starts to vomit. Try to drink 3 glasses a day. The elementary teachers swear by it and it worked in my home with 4 kids and a husband! I will do just about anything to avoid throwing up. If it happened in Disney I'd send garden grocer for a couple of bottles!!

With people from all over the globe and large numbers of them, there is always something going on around in Disney. Best practice to wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer as necessary.

Does anyone know which stores carry the Clorox hand spray? I can't find it at my grocery store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter