stock photography

rtphokie

Photo board moderator
I nice way to potentially make a couple of bucks on the side and learn alot about photography while doing is to submit your photos to istockphoto.com

I've had good success with photos taken at a couple of different aquariums I've visited with my family. I imagine some of my photos have ended up on real estate brochures for beach areas and on seafood resturant menus.

The acceptance criteria is pretty strict but you'll get good feedback on why something wasn't accepted. One big tip is to remove any logos or company names from clothing or other parts of the photo before submitting. The idea here is to make the photos available royalty free.

This is the kind of stuff they are looking for:
istockphoto_1202937_ferry_into_the_sunset.jpg

shot from the deck of a North Carolina DOT ferry at sunset.

istockphoto_580718_beach_sunrise_stroll.jpg

Sunrise on a nearly deserted beach in South Carolina

Your vacation photos of Cinderellas castle aren't going to get accepted for copyright reasons but that sunset at sea on DCL or of your kids playing the pool (dont forget to include the model release available at their website) might and might sell well. Photos of kids sell well on this site probably because they are so useful in advertising, especially in the travel and hospitality industries.

Thanks for putting up this site. My pictures aren't good enough for them, but I am learning a lot on how to use the camera. I am going to the forums and getting lessons from there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter