• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STK noise?

sjedelen67

Mouseketeer
We are looking at taking a large group next month to dinner at STK. I had heard it was loud. It would be nice to be able to carry on a conversation with the party I bring. Is it too loud? Thanks;

Way, way too loud for us. Our 34 year old young male friend also thought it was too loud. Very hard to carry a conversation. We left there with a headache.

It was a last minute decision. 8:30 pm reservation. Way way too late for me. By the time we were seated and ate, not good for my digestive system :(

It's really loud in there and it would be very hard to have a conversation without attempting to shout over the music. It has a "club" vibe as well, which personally isn't really my thing. You can even hear how loud the music is from outside the restaurant (such as near Homecoming)

Agree with Her Dotness, the food is overpriced and not great. STK has the most expensive steak on property and also the most underwhelming one.

Did a search for a thread on STK after my experience there. Waaaaayyyyyy too noisy! Like obnoxiously noisy. They had Usher blaring. A club like atmosphere. Couldn’t have a conversation and even the waiter was practically screaming at us. Bizarre. We walked right out after sitting down. Can’t believe anyone would enjoy that atmosphere for an upscale meal.

When we went to STK in 2016 it had only been open for a couple of weeks. We had an early seating, around 5pm I think. The food and service were excellent, then around 6pm the DJ started. It was pretty low key at first, but as we were finishing our meal and getting ready to pay the music was getting louder. We were out of there by 7 so I don't know how much louder it got, but I'm glad we got out when we did. It was just DW and me, we were sitting close together, but trying to carry on a conversation with a larger group would just not have worked.

It's a weird concept--high end dining and nightclub style atmosphere. I guess it's working or they'd have been out of biz by now.

Depends partly on how loud your large group is. :)
We are looking at taking a large group next month to dinner at STK. I had heard it was loud. It would be nice to be able to carry on a conversation with the party I bring. Is it too loud? Thank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter