Stitch Replacement?

I agree wholeheartedly with you, but wow do the little kids love the Indy Speedway. That was the thing my son was looking forward to the most. He was going to get to drive his own car...

It sure does take up a lot of space though.

Yeah, that's true. The young ones really love it. I just wish it wasn't on rails, this way you could bump people off the road. Come to think of it I guess that's why they have the rails in the first place. To prevent people like me from turning it into a real race track.

If this thing didn't have the track I'd be on it all day long.

:-) Yeah that's true, that's one of the reasons they got rid of the swan boats. People would take them out and not return them for an hour or so.

Last edited:

I agree wholeheartedly with you, but wow do the little kids love the Indy Speedway. That was the thing my son was looking forward to the most. He was going to get to drive his own car...

It sure does take up a lot of space though.
Yeah I think the kids really love it because they get to be in control of a ride (if they are big enough to). Last time I went in 2011 there were some really longs waits for it 60+mins at times. It does take up a lot of space but at the same time I'm ok with that for this particular ride.

I can also guarantee no where near as many will complain if they get rid of stitch. It's one of the worst reviewed attractions in WDW.

I agree with you that stitch should still be at WDW but I don't think there will be an out poor of negative comments if this attraction goes away.
I think that is a key point-not as much negative PR. These days Disney doesn't seem to be getting enough good PR (some of it's own making, some unfortunate circumstance). I personally never got the whole Stitch love but my best friend absolutely loves it.

I liked Alien (scared me too but still) so when they took a scary/mostly adult ride and turned it into a kid ride (but still left scary elements like the harnesses and darkness factor) and included in really gross stuff (like the burb) it just didn't fit in. If they did a different ride somewhere else at WDW I would def try it out and maybe I wouldn't even care that it was stitch theme;maybe I would even like that it was.

I think the Tomorrowland Speedway can be saved if they just change the way the cars look and make them electric. That's all. They should all look more futuristic and not like classic roadsters created before I was born.

I hope in a not so distant future we all will be driving or being driven in more ecofriendly vehicles.

How about making it a real Tomorrowland Speedway?

Last edited:
I think the Indy speedway can be saved if they just change the name, the way the cars look and make them electric. That's all. They should all look more futuristic and not like classic roadsters created before I was born.

I hope in a not so distant future we all we be driving or being driven in more ecofriendly vehicles.

How about making it a real Tomorrowland Speedway?

I agree that it needs an update, but the engines need a "growl." I hope they never sound like golf carts... eco friendly or not.

So kind of off topic but not in a way. If they are replacing Stitch for a much needed improved ride then they might actually start showing some love to Tomorrowland. From there we can guess that Buzz will be going when Toy Storyland is completed in DHS. Now I know this is a longshot, but a Walle, Big Hero 6, Wreck It Ralph, and Inside out retheme to the area would semi-fit the "Tomorrow" idea without needed continual updates. Walle is set in the Future, Stitch is an Alien, Big Hero 6 is set in the Future, Monsters Inc is an Alien, and Wreck It Ralph is in an alternate Dimension.

This would also eliminate the redundancy of Future World at Epcot vs Tomorrowland in MK.

Wreck It Ralph could be an update Tomorrowland Speedway redo that involves the Sugar Land Racers from the Movie.
Wall-e could be a ride or show involving the idea of recycling and cleaning up the earth, or a race to rescue a plant... similar to Who Framed Rodger Rabbit out at Disneyland.
Then you could do a ride based on Inside Out that could replace Buzz (think beam rays that "Catch" the lost memories accidently sent through the tube).
If they really wanted to a ride similar to Spiderman/star tours could be used for Big Hero 6 and you're taking a scenic through "San Fransokyo" on the back of Big Hero 6.
That would be 4 rides using systems/technology the company already has access to that could update the area to something less time sensitive and would be a big hit with the tween age group that's grown out of Fantasyland.

I'm actually surprised they even had it in Disney World in the first place. It looks like something that would be at Universal Horror Night.

Honestly I am too. The first time I saw it as a kid I cried the whole time. It was too intense. Now I wish they brought it back! lol

So kind of off topic but not in a way. If they are replacing Stitch for a much needed improved ride then they might actually start showing some love to Tomorrowland. From there we can guess that Buzz will be going when Toy Storyland is completed in DHS. Now I know this is a longshot, but a Walle, Big Hero 6, Wreck It Ralph, and Inside out retheme to the area would semi-fit the "Tomorrow" idea without needed continual updates. Walle is set in the Future, Stitch is an Alien, Big Hero 6 is set in the Future, Monsters Inc is an Alien, and Wreck It Ralph is in an alternate Dimension.

This would also eliminate the redundancy of Future World at Epcot vs Tomorrowland in MK.

Wreck It Ralph could be an update Tomorrowland Speedway redo that involves the Sugar Land Racers from the Movie.
Wall-e could be a ride or show involving the idea of recycling and cleaning up the earth, or a race to rescue a plant... similar to Who Framed Rodger Rabbit out at Disneyland.
Then you could do a ride based on Inside Out that could replace Buzz (think beam rays that "Catch" the lost memories accidently sent through the tube).
If they really wanted to a ride similar to Spiderman/star tours could be used for Big Hero 6 and you're taking a scenic through "San Fransokyo" on the back of Big Hero 6.
That would be 4 rides using systems/technology the company already has access to that could update the area to something less time sensitive and would be a big hit with the tween age group that's grown out of Fantasyland.

Space Ranger Spin does not need to go anywhere.

I would love to see the Speedway updated and turned into Sugar Rush, though.

I could see the Wall-E ride being similar to Soarin and being Wall-E's journey with EVE to bring the plant from Earth back to the Axiom. Although riding on Baymax's back would be just as cool.

I was not aware of this :sad2:

I agree with you 100%. Stitch does need some representation in the parks in the form of an attraction and I too hope that whatever finally goes in the space is pretty special. It would be cool if it were another stitch attraction.
Yeah, I found out the hard way my last trip, My fiancé and I became pass holders right before they switched up their Tiers, but we were grandfathered in and got the free photo pass. Being just the two of us, we didn't really pose for too many pictures in November (except for MVMCP) and January. Then I read about magic shots. And saw the stitch pictures. And I was so happy. We went the first week of may for our anniversary trip, and asked. Stitch was gone. Goodbye, sorry, good luck. Honestly really bummed me out. So now when we go in three weeks (AHHHH!!!! I haven't packed yet!) I'll probably skip most of the pictures. It's going to be too hot for cute clothes and makeup anyway. I do want to get a Pascal magic shot. :D Pascal is my second favorite creature character, right after stitch.

Space Ranger Spin does not need to go anywhere.

I would love to see the Speedway updated and turned into Sugar Rush, though.

I could see the Wall-E ride being similar to Soarin and being Wall-E's journey with EVE to bring the plant from Earth back to the Axiom. Although riding on Baymax's back would be just as cool.
Honestly, I'd like to see test track turned into Sugar rush. They already have the little "design your car" thing before the ride. How cool would a themed overlay be there. Might have to slow don't the max speed for the little kids though....Even I'm too nervous about "thrill' rides to ride it!

Honestly, I'd like to see test track turned into Sugar rush. They already have the little "design your car" thing before the ride. How cool would a themed overlay be there. Might have to slow don't the max speed for the little kids though....Even I'm too nervous about "thrill' rides to ride it!

Oh my god, that would be awesome. You could put Oreo and Chocolate Chip Cookie tires, M&M's and Twizzlers. Ohhh man... forget the diet, I'll start back on Monday.

The one itsy bitsy problem is that it doesn't really go with the Futureworld theming. Then again Figment, Soarin and the Seas don't really either.

I just heard about 5,000 Epcot purists' heads explode.

ETA: also, TT does not have the "race" feeling at all. To do Sugar Rush, you would need to feel like you were passing or being passed by other racers.

Oh my god, that would be awesome. You could put Oreo and Chocolate Chip Cookie tires, M&M's and Twizzlers. Ohhh man... forget the diet, I'll start back on Monday.

The one itsy bitsy problem is that it doesn't really go with the Futureworld theming. Then again Figment, Soarin and the Seas don't really either.
Right, like arendelle doesn't fit into the world fair...so I don't think we have to worry much over theming!
lol, yes on the diet thing too...i can't watch wreck it ralph without candy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter