Still servicing staterooms 2X a day?

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
Just like the title! We have seen in a few news stories of cruiselines cutting back on the serving of staterooms, and only doing it once a day. We really enjoy having the service twice a day, because we sometimes shower multiple times or use the room for whatever between services. Are the Disney cruises still doing twice a day for that? Thanks for any help!

I sailed on the Wonder at the end of May and the room was serviced twice a day then.

Yes, staterooms are still serviced twice daily on DCL. Let's hope that they never cut back on that. Once per day service isn't so great if you have something like a foldout bed.

Given Disney's room configurations, I expect there will always be twice a day service. Pulling out or down the beds every day will require a stateroom host.

I only ask for morning service. Don’t need the towel animals and folding the bed (bottom bunk) out from the back of the couch is a no brainer.

Are there towel bars to hang used bath towels to dry, or will I just have to be spoiled by using a fresh towel every day?

Are there towel bars to hang used bath towels to dry, or will I just have to be spoiled by using a fresh towel every day?
There are bars and also a line that you can pull out to hang stuff on. It's up to you whether you get fresh towels every day. Well, in theory it is. In practice, some hosts always give you new towels every day, even when you try to use the bars to keep the ones you have.

What I do is usually tell the stateroom host a couple times during the cruise no need to come at night. They usually have 15 staterooms to service. They really appreciate it. A lot of people ask what they can do for their stateroom host besides tip. This is one thing you can do and it doesn’t cost you anything extra.

Yes, staterooms are still serviced twice daily on DCL. Let's hope that they never cut back on that. Once per day service isn't so great if you have something like a foldout bed.

Given Disney's room configurations, I expect there will always be twice a day service. Pulling out or down the beds every day will require a stateroom host.

From what I've read, the cruise lines that have dropped to once-per-day service still setup and take down the fold out beds as needed (2 visits), they just do the cleaning/tidying/towel replacement once per day.

@Kwami, @dclpluto, and @Girl of the South, thank you. Now I have a better idea what to expect.

New question - what does the stateroom host usually do in the morning, and what do they do in the evening? It will just be the two of us, so we won’t need a second bed made up. It I do hope to come home with a small collection of photos of towel animals! :p

From what I've read, the cruise lines that have dropped to once-per-day service still setup and take down the fold out beds as needed (2 visits), they just do the cleaning/tidying/towel replacement once per day.
My travel advisor told me her experience on RCCL and her clients on Norwegian were that the beds were set up at the start of the cruise and left that way. I've read a lot of reviews stating the same for those two lines. That honestly was the deal breaker that kept us from looking elsewhere for Alaska.

New question - what does the stateroom host usually do in the morning, and what do they do in the evening? It will just be the two of us, so we won’t need a second bed made up. It I do hope to come home with a small collection of photos of towel animals! :p
I was solo on The Dream in August. Im a person who keeps the room tidy, I like to have things on shelves etc, so my room host didnt have much to do

Ist time in the day
  • The bed was made
  • Towels changed
  • Sink and bath tub cleaned
  • General tidy up, if I had untied the curtains, they were retied, if I had dirty cups, glasses plates from the previous day they were removed
  • Trash bin emptied
  • Pirate Bandana on the bed on Pirate night
2nd time in the day
  • Towel Animal and chocolates
  • Lights turned on
  • Tip envelopes on the bed
  • Survey left on the bed
  • Note about time change left on the bed, as we changed time zones

We did a RCCI one in June and they just left the pull down beds down the whole cruise. They had just switched to once a day and you could let them know if you had a perference of time, but if you wanted the beds up and down you had to contact them to do it.

First timer here--do you meet with your stateroom host? I am sure my daughter will love to sleep in the bed that comes out of the ceiling.

First timer here--do you meet with your stateroom host? I am sure my daughter will love to sleep in the bed that comes out of the ceiling.
Yes. Rooms are available from approx 1.30pm on Embarkation day. All the room hosts hover about in the corridors, some knock on the door if they see you go in, some will introduce themselves in the corridor if they see you leaving your room. On that first day, you can tell them about the bed configuration and any other request. They have a list of who is in the rooms and they will also know your dining rotation, as in if you are main or late dining.

They are very attentive and will recognise you and greet you in the corridors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter