Still My Happy Place! August 16-26 Visit

IhrkeFamily

Mouseketeer
Back from my 14th visit to WDW and still loving it! A few thoughts from our trip.

Parks
* Great tip to jump in line right before park closing. We did this three times - FoP, BTMRR, and Splash with very little wait.
* If you have seen HEA at MK, skip it and hit the rides. We went from Pooh, to 7DMT, to BTMRR, and ended with Splash one night.
* Tried the nighttime safari at AK. While it was neat, you can't see much. As the driver kept saying, "You can't see the animals because it's dark!"
* Any one notice on Splash that Brer Bear with the bee hive on his nose doesn't rock anymore? But that Brer Rabbit is back to hopping along with his nap sack?
* When did they stop having a Snow White boat during Fantasmic? Only Belle and Ariel now.
* Busier than what we had heard it would be. Scored a couple good 4th FP, but for the most part not much available. Even with using refresh!
Dining
* BOG - VERY disappointing!! The French Dip is now meat and bread. No seasoning, no cheese, no onions. Bland and not worth the expense.
* Loved Pecos Bills!!! Adding toppings to the Fajita Platter really made it so tasty.
* Did they increase the rib portion for the St Louis Rib Platter at Flame Tree? We had nine bones!! Sooooo much leftover!
* Riverside Mill at POR - Bummed they don't have the create your own pasta. My DD and DH were so looking forward to eating. Bummed them out that it was gone.
* Shrimp meal at Columbia Harbour House is so yummy! Healthy and done well.

Definitely hoping to head back next year, but darn kids' sports schedules are putting a kink in plans. Crossing fingers we can make it work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter