• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still holiday crowds or busier than usual January?

kellya222

Mouseketeer
Checking out the tip board for today...January 5th. Parks look really busy! Do holiday crowds typically extend this far into January or is January as a whole busier now?

Yah, we're flying in next week and hoping for smaller crowds. We're staying long enough to take it easy the entire trip so if it gets busy, we'll just hang out at the resort.

Yeah, historically it will get "slower" next week since this weekend is still marathon weekend. But we have a quick one nighter this Saturday and have found success in going to the parks at around 11 am on marathon weekends.

We are doing a short trip on Tuesday the 11th and Wednesday the 12th. Supposedly the marathon crowds will subside by then. We'll see!

Reservation calendar for Annual Passholders shows EPCOT not available tomorrow, January 6th. The other 3 parks are available. With no festival right now, do you think this has to do with the marathon? Or it just is what it is.

I wonder if a lot of people extended trips since so many schools and offices decided to go remote after the holidays anyway. But who knows anymore.

Reservation calendar for Annual Passholders shows EPCOT not available tomorrow, January 6th. The other 3 parks are available. With no festival right now, do you think this has to do with the marathon? Or it just is what it is.
EPCOT is showing as available for me. It’s listed separate as a bonus reservation under the other 3 parks.

I was at MK today. So so SO crowded that we only got to ride 2 rides. I got a jungle cruise LL for 10:40AM and there was a HUMONGOUS LL LINE! I waited AN HOUR to get on the ride and by the time i finished with the ride… it was noon. The LL line was aaaaall the way up to aladdin’s magic carpet ride and beyond…

I would expect crowds to decrease around mid January once more schools and businesses are back with in person learning/working. However, this pandemic has taught me to expect the unexpected so who knows.

Saw a blogger/travel agent say that there's still remaining new years crowds coupled with the arriving marathoners, and that crowds should start to taper mid next week. Hoping that's true as we head down the 15th!
That is mlk weekend though, which while not Christmas level crowds, can still be quite crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter