Still heading out for my first DVC stay -- UPDATED -- Move out a week

BobBrazeal

DIS Veteran
I'm still going to try to get to WDW tomorrow. This will be my first stay since joining DVC and I'm looking forward to staying at my home resort of OKW.

Wish me luck. I don't know if my flight will go or not but I'm still working under the hope that it will. I'll be checking a lot between now and then. If I can't get out tomorrow, maybe the next day.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow and that you will be able to make your trip.

Enjoy your first stay at OKW.

Good luck and have a great trip. We are trying to fly out tomorrow. The parks were pretty empty today. No lines. Lots of rain though. They are expecting 10 inches of rain tomorrow or the next day because of the hurricane.

Bob, the Orlando A/P is really a mess right now. They had a bomb scare evacuation earlier today. Per the local news things may be working better tormorrow. Just be prepared for anything at this point.

As GCM said, it's rainy today and expected to have heavy rains the next few days, so that may also affect your flights. While it's wet, it's still warm. Just bring rain gear. The parks are now operating normally but attendance seems light.

Hope you can get out and enjoy WDW & OKW even if it is raining. We are leaving tonight for OKW, decided to drive instead of flying because my friend is scared to fly right now. Good Luck getting there.

Hope you can get out and enjoy WDW & OKW even if it is raining. We are leaving tonight for OKW, decided to drive instead of flying because my friend is scared to fly right now. Good Luck getting there. :wave:

Well with all the uncertainty here on the part of Southwest airlines, I've moved everything out a week. Instead of 9/14 - 9/23, I've changed to 9/21 - 9/30. Everyone from DVC Member Services to the people at Southwest were great in changing everything over. No problems, no extra charges and handled so politely!! I know all these places are having to deal with so much of this that it would be easy to get tired and frustrated but they were great.

I had a number of meals and meets planned and I'm very sorry that I won't be able to make those. So now during this coming week I'll be seeing if I can plan some new get togethers with those that will be there during that week.

See you then.

WOW!!! How'd you luck out with availability at the resort?? That must've been tough!! Looks like you've had some pixie dust sprinkled on you already!

Bob -- Your intent to go today was a good one but I think you'll have a better trip next week. I'll look forward to hearing your report.

Glad to hear you were able to move your vacation back a week. It was tough, but we did make it out of Orlando yesterday. First we had to stand in line to check in for 2 1/2 hours. Luckily our flight was delayed. We reached the check in right at the time our flight was scheduled to take off. Once we got on the plane, we ended up having to sit out on the runway for an hour because of the weather. When they felt that the storm had calmed enough, we took off. That was the roughest and scariest flight I've ever been on. It truly felt like a rollercoaster. My almost 3 year old daughter kept laughing loudly and saying "that tickled my belly" That was what kept me from totally freaking out. Even though we were stranded in my favorite place (WDW) for a few days, it felt good to finally make it home.

GCM's story reminds me of a flight I took several years ago. It was a small comuter plane and there was a family on board. All the family members were fairly large and the airline had to spead them out to even out the weight (I told you it was small!) I wound up seated next to the mother who had never flown and we had a lot of turbulence. She had a death grip on my hand and while I tried to reassure her her 9 year old son was screaming YIPEE! LET'S DO THIS AGAIN! I was having a hard time not laughing at the whole situation!

Carol,
Can I rent you for our daughter's next flight? Our 32 year old daughter is irrationally fearful of flying. She makes herself physiclaly sick just anticipating a flight! Last December my DH sat with her on the flight down to WDW, but DS and I got her between us on the way back. None of us want to do this with her again! It sounds like we need to rent you for her next flight!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter