• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still confused!!!

tigger53

"It all started with a mouse!"
i am still trying to decide how to get from POR in July to Port Canaveral without using the Disney cruiseline bus. I would like to depart the resort by 930am, I don’t want to rent a car for just that short period. Suggestions have been Uber or lyft which I have never experienced before, makes me nervous not having an advanced reservation for a ride. Can someone give me any info on other rides like happy limo, Port Canaveral travel, or anything. We are 2 adults and 2 kids, no car seats needed. Or is Uber or lyft the best way to go? Appreciate any insight.

For 4 people big enough not to need car seats + cruise luggage, you would need UberXL. (I use XL for DW, DD16 and I for all airport rides.) A rough estimate from RideGuru is about $100, not including tip. That's one-way of course, so you'd have to consider the return trip as well.

I have no doubt there would be Ubers readily available at 930 AM. I really wouldn't worry about that, but I'd compare that cost with other options.

Tony Hinds is a great choice. Don't click on his email link on the webpage as it links to an old email. Copy and paste the email address if you're going to contact him.

A third vote for Tony!! He's pretty terrific. If something happens, and he can't provide transport, he'll arrange for a friend to get you. I know there are a ton of people that use Tony as their regular ride to and from MCO....actually have become friends with him!!!

Just to give you an idea, three years ago he quoted $280 for Disney -> Port and Port -> MCO. That was for up to 8 travelers.

Why?

Or get it the day before and do any last minute cruise shopping you might need.

Worth checking the price of the rental, at least. If you got an amazing deal it might feel more worth it.
Just as an added note, we have been paying around $45 plus gas and tolls for a one-day, full-size car rental from WDW to the port for each of our last two cruises out of Port Canaveral. We have the same rate for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. I use Alamo, picking up the car at the Dolphin since we stay nearby at the BoardWalk. As an added bonus, we always use the car the evening prior to cruise departure to drive to one of the dining locations that are more challenging to get to using Disney transport, such as the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge.

Two years ago we used Uber from POFQ to Port Canaveral for a Carnival Cruise. It cost about $70 total. It was very easy. Please note the first Uber Driver that arrived informed us that he did not go that far out of his way and he requested another driver pick us up (which arrived in 5 mins). We requested an Uber back to Disney after our cruise and got one with in 5 Mins. This year we are doing Disney after the Cruise and are renting a car from National. It will cost $40 for the day. We will rent from the port and return to the National on Disney. Last year we did a Disney Cruise and used the Disney Cruise transport from AkL to the port (it was just more convient). I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter