Still a go for our trip to CCV in 5 days . . . we may be really dumb!

So jealous! If I had a trip planned and didn’t have someone in my house that this virus would kill I would certainly be going. We were hoping to go in September after attending our son’s boot camp graduation but won’t be able to go if the situation doesn’t get better. DH has pretty much no immune system and major lung issues, he’s the ideal candidate for staying away from everyone. Of course his reaction is they better stop this virus so he can go back to WDW 😂 #priorities

I'm fully planning on going, too! Just be careful, like I am and be sure to not get super close with anyone whos high risk.

we're still on for WDW in late April & early October.
I'm more concerned for our July 4th trip to Italy (9 days of hanging out in Tuscany :cloud9: ), mostly because I became very ill with pneumonia in Rome last year.
At this point, we're just taking things as they come, trying to minimize risk and staying aware of credible updates.

Last edited:

I just looked at what was available in dvc for a couple of days next week. I have been looking at them for several months and there was little to no availability. All of a sudden today there are a lot of open rooms. Corona must be making a lot more cancel.

I just looked at what was available in dvc for a couple of days next week. I have been looking at them for several months and there was little to no availability. All of a sudden today there are a lot of open rooms. Corona must be making a lot more cancel.

I’ve been watching it too. I’ve never seen so many rooms become available at the last minute before.

We are still planning on going. We check in on Saturday. My husband is a little worried if someone at the resort gets sick that we’ll end up quarantined for 14 days in the room.

This is an email I got yesterday from Jet Blue, for all of those flying....certainly goes some of the way to making us feel more comfortable on flying, but we will also, be bringing our own wipes, etc. to ensure it is even better.....biggest issue for me, is that if you know you've been exposed, or you know that you are not feeling well....DO NOT TRAVEL!

On behalf of our 23,000 crew members at JetBlue, I want to thank you for flying with us. The fact that you trust JetBlue with your travel inspires us to deliver the signature JetBlue experience that has been our calling card for two decades.

I want to personally let you know that safety—your safety—is, and always will be, job one at our airline. Not only is safety built into the DNA of everything we are as a company, but that priority bears repeating in the face of any challenge, including the concerns posed by coronavirus (COVID-19). At JetBlue, we have worked for years to ensure the safety of our crewmembers and customers. Since January, our pandemic response team has been activated to ensure we are working closely with government agencies, our own infectious disease medical staff, and in coordination across the entire JetBlue family to support our customers during their travels. To that end, I want to share some of the steps we are taking.
  1. We were the first U.S. airline to suspend our change/cancel fees across all fare types in all markets so that you, our valued customers, could book with confidence should your travel plans change. Currently, all change and cancel fees for travel through 4/30/20 are waived, regardless of when you purchased your ticket. And, there are no change or cancel fees on new flights booked through 3/31/20 for travel until 9/8/20. Our customer support team is ready to support you with adjustments if you need assistance.
  2. We know how important cleanliness is during these times. To offer you peace of mind, we have increased aircraft cleaning each night, including the walls, windows, window shades, galleys, lavatories and floors. We are applying disinfectant that is effective against coronavirus across aircraft interiors including the places customers touch most - the tray tables, seat covers, armrests and seatbelts.
  3. All of our aircraft are equipped with hospital-grade high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters. All recirculated air is passed through these filters before re-entering the cabin or being mixed with fresh air. All of the air in the cabin is, on average, completely changed every three minutes.
  4. We have updated our inflight service standards. We've increased the availability of sanitizing wipes on board, temporarily suspended hot towel service, and you can expect to see our inflight crewmembers wearing medical-grade gloves during the service delivery to further limit contact points.
  5. In our airports, we are disinfecting common surfaces more frequently and we are making hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes widely available throughout our terminals. We are encouraging customers to self-scan boarding passes - you can download a mobile boarding pass on the JetBlue app.
As of today, authorities have not announced travel restrictions to any destinations where we fly. Some countries, including the U.S., have restrictions in place for customers who have recently been to certain international destinations. Please monitor these closely.

You can always find our latest coronavirus information on our blog. You can also learn more about the coronavirus and specific information for travelers on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.

Your confidence in JetBlue inspires us to deliver the safe JetBlue experience you've always known. We at JetBlue never take for granted your travel decisions and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Regards,

Joanna Geraghty
President & Chief Operating Officer, JetBlue Airways​

We are going down Saturday- Wednesday. I don't think you are dumb either. My husband and I talked about it and feel that we are low risk. We have been looking forward to this vacation for months.

We were supposed to check in Saturday but just cancelled. I'm beyond sad. We've been planning this trip for us and our adult children and significant others for over a year. We had After Hours, Dessert Party, Cirque, all the fast passes we wanted we were able to snag. We've agonized for the last couple weeks on what to do, and finally pulled the plug this morning. We're coming from an area with no known cases and going to a crowded theme park. We decided the risk wasn't worth it. If one of us got sick or exposed, we could get stuck down there for two weeks, or we could unwittingly bring it back home. DVC was fabulous; still on hold with Disney hoping to get a refund on the After Hours party, but I'm not feeling super optimistic about it.

We are leaving in 10 days for DVC's Hilton Head resort 🤷‍♀️ we are not in the "risk" category, we are taking our antibacterial wipes (i'm more concerned about Philly Int'l Airport than I am about actually flying) and we are enjoying it.
Barring some kind of restriction or ban on domestic flights - we are out of here.

I wish all of you well. I hope all who go have a fantastic time and that nobody gets exposed to anything they shouldn't. I have already made my annual trip to WDW this past Jan, next one is scheduled for Jan 2021. I hope by that time this will all be a distant memory. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Sending pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

I've honestly gone from 90% sure I was going to go through with it to 60% certain I'm backing out. I still plan to go to Florida, at least for now, but if specific guidelines are to avoid crowds, I don't know how that can happen with rope drop crowds.
I realized that even if five people are sick back home, if I bring it back and expose five more people, then I would be responsible for potentially adding more strain to hospitals around me.
The whole thing is still very fluid for me, as I can just use the tickets at a later date, but that's where my thinking is right now.

DH and I are leaving Friday. We are so looking forward to the ambiance of Disney. We will try to follow all precautionary measures. I have friends who work in DDESS schools and they are on Spring Break now. They have gone all over the world enjoying their time off. I hope to see some of my colleagues in Disney over the next few days!

We were supposed to check in Saturday but just cancelled. I'm beyond sad. We've been planning this trip for us and our adult children and significant others for over a year. We had After Hours, Dessert Party, Cirque, all the fast passes we wanted we were able to snag. We've agonized for the last couple weeks on what to do, and finally pulled the plug this morning. We're coming from an area with no known cases and going to a crowded theme park. We decided the risk wasn't worth it. If one of us got sick or exposed, we could get stuck down there for two weeks, or we could unwittingly bring it back home. DVC was fabulous; still on hold with Disney hoping to get a refund on the After Hours party, but I'm not feeling super optimistic about it.
Same for us - we were supposed to go down Saturday and just cancelled today for similar reasons. Feeling very sad.

Did your points go into holding? Or have they relaxed the policy?

We are retired and chose to use DVC as a second home instead of becoming snowbirds. We live in a resort town, Cape May NJ, and DH insists we go somewhere over 4th of July because our town is even crazier for those two weeks than WDW. WDW is my go to place for swimming and fireworks during that time!
Bobbi-Please help me out, what do you mean DVC is your second home instead of snowbirding? I'm all ears.

Getting the virus and unknowingly transmitting it to many people before I show symptoms is a no-go for us. Death rates for the elderly are significantly higher than the flu and one of our parents lives with us. Just not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter