sticking with Weight Watchers at WDW

wfbnancy

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, please move if need to. I will be on vacation at WDW soon and have tried to find some info on point values of food at WDW. Any other WW members who have found this info anywhere? Thanks!

I am going to move this up to our wish board...I think you may get some help from some great folks who can share info there :)

Thanks, I figured I would pick a board and everyone is so helpful it would end up in the right place!

Hi wfbnancy,

I started WW in March and have lost 40lb so far!! We went to WDW for a week in Aug then a week on the Disney Magic. I didn't bother counting points on vacation. Sometimes you just gotta have fun and enjoy. We had milkshakes with lunch sometimes, shared dessert with DH or the kids. But, I shared a meal with DH sometimes, ordered veggies instead of fries, salad w/dressing on the side, tried to listen to my bodyand only eat when hungry, etc. Just remember to drink your water. With all the walking and swimming we did I only gained 3lbs in 2 weeks. I was very happy and got right back on track when I got home. Have a great vacation!

Hi there!

I've been on Weight Watchers since March and have lost 98 pounds so far.

I just got back from Disney World in September and tried my best to stay on program. A few things I found helpful:

1.) NEVER buy soda, not even diet. It's not good for you to begin with, but ESPECIALLY not good when it gets hot out. Drink water, or fruit juice. (Although fruit juice has points, so sticking to water is best)

2.) Look for healthier treats. They are ALL over Walt Disney World. My favorite is the citrus swirl at the Magic Kingdom. The Sunshine Tree Terrace sells them. It's next to the Tiki Room, behind Aladdin (if you're looking at Aladdin from the Jungle Cruise) Non-fat frozen yogurt swirled with frozen OJ. SO refreshing and tasty!

3.) Eat as much sit-down as you can, and discuss the menu with your server. They will accomodate you as much as they can if you just ask. (Sit down is easier to accomodate you....trying to get low-cal, low-fat at counter service is darn near impossible) Although counter service can be pretty good too, you just have to know where to go. The turkey legs are a GREAT snack as long you don't eat the skin. When I went to Epcot, I got a salad with low-fat dressing, and a chicken sandwich with no cheese and mustard instead of mayo. So just search out the menu.

4.) Keep healthy snacks in your hotel room. When and/or if you take a midday break, just have a light snack. Some fruit works, or I like pretzels, or the fat-free or baked chips...things like that.

5.) If you can at all avoid it, don't take the shortest routes. (Basically don't hop from one ride onto the one that's right next to it...) I know with kids this can be tiring, but if you can do maybe a ride or two in Frontierland, cross to Tomorrowland, do a ride or two there, then go to Fantasyland. The more you walk, the better.

6.)DON'T try to count your points. It's futile. Just make the healthiest choices you possibly can. (Allow yourself a treat here and there though...you'll do more than enough walking to make up for it)

When you get back and weigh in, don't be disappointed or discouraged if you gain. It's a vacation!!! Just get back on track the week after you return. I gained 2 pounds after trying my hardest to stay on program, but the following week I lost a sick amount of weight.

Wow, great job on the weight loss. I think these are very sensible tips. I will try to follow these suggestions. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter