Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

I decided it was a good morning to head over to Universal.
It is great you got to use your passes before they expired!
Let’s have a Genie+ lesson now!
You are a Rockstar at Genie+!
We decided on the Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots.
Yum! They looks so good
I love this little ride, it never is really busy and a fun time.
I always make my fiancé go on this ride because it is just so cute and nostalgic!
ET is a favorite and we headed over to ride. The pre show is back wow it is out dated but I still love this ride. Now ET could be at a carnival, he looks like an oddity people would line up for!
This is a must-do for every trip!
We got back to the lodge via Lyft around 3pm and rested up for our night at MK. I also got another FP for Pirates!
Wow, Another one! The title is really fitting for this TR!

Wow, you're an expert at stacking.

I think I would be skipping a lot of rides at Universal. I can't do round and round or rides that mess with my equilibrium, and the older I get the worse it gets.

Looking forward to your MK night.

I set the timer on my phone for 10:55am to remind it to get Peter Pan.
How did you know what time you could set the timer for?
Perfect timing. I set my timer for 12:55 to get another selection at 1pm.
This is what confuses me...how did you know this was the time?

How many rides can you "stack"? Ugh..I don't get it lol...but I'm sure I will by the time another trip is in the works lol and then it may change again lol

Your Universal day sounds amazing...I'd be wiped out already!

Oh my bigger ugh!!! Most All our gas comes from North Dakota and Minnesota so we stay a little less! Ouch at the pump! I use to pay $22.00 to fill my Subaru now it is $55.00.
$55.00??? That is so cheap! Filling my Grand Caravan with a 63 L tank is $123.00!!!
Ok I was way off!
There are 3.785 litres in an American gallon (which is different from a UK gallon apparently)
So I think I am the winner ( actually the biggest loser) when it comes to gas prices as I’m paying
£1.68 x3.785x 1.30 ( current exchange rate = a grand total of $8.66 a gallon 😭😭😭
Don’t get me started on the increase in grocery prices! This saving for a holiday craic is getting harder each passing day!
We are at $1.979 per litre here so equivalent to $7.48 per gallon. Grocery inflation is up 10%. It's brutal. :(

Oh I had to come back and edit because I realized the $7.48 per gallon is Canadian. In USD we would be at $5.86.
:scared1: Oh my gosh! I will quit complaining. Minnesota is one of the lowest in our country right now! I’m going to be honest, this is only the second time in all my years (which is a lot) that I have seen gas over $4.00 a gallon so it is high for us.. I knew Europe and Canada always had higher prices than us but wow! No wonder you all drive those little tiny cars!
We drive all the big cars here and boy is it pricy!
The park opened at 7:45 and we went as fast as our short little legs would go. The Hagrid queue was open and moving right along, yay! Andi tells me she is impressed that I continue to ride this attraction. She reminds me how fast it goes, the drops, and the backwards part. Thanks Andi! I do like this ride, however, it is a thrill ride for sure and a tad intense for me.
So fun!
We scheduled a Lyft and we were on our way. Let’s have a Genie+ lesson now! I purchased Genie+ around 6:30am and set up my day. I made sure JC, PPF were the two attractions I wanted for the day. It is best to put the attraction you want the most at top or even just list the one attraction. This way when you go in right at 7am you just need to hit that attraction and pick a time. We decided not to get a $FP for 7DMT. It was $12.00 a person. We have been fortunate enough to ride mine train many times and the price for 30-40 seconds of fun was just too much. We also thought we would be able to ride it during the extra magic hours.
Mine Train is so not worth it! $24 USD for the two of you is ridiculous.
We decided to go to Seuss Landing and try the Green Eggs and Ham food booth for a snack. We decided on the Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots. It was still pretty early and the place was not very busy. There are tables and chairs along the side of the food kiosk. It is a nice area. We got our tots and these are really good.
Looks great!
Everything was delicious and the drinks very good. We wanted to get back to WL to rest up for a late night at MK.

We wanted to share the fish bowl drink, but they were out of the big fish bowl glass???

We would have been feeling no pain if we drank the fish bowl drink lol 😂 picture of one, thanks google
Your food and drinks look amazing!

Last edited:
Just found this and excited to (hopefully) follow along here! Had to re-do my Dis profile because I either forgot my username or they purged me for inactivity 🤣 Curious to see how your Genie+ experience was - we are all doing a family trip starting Friday (Memorial Day, oh joy) and I don't feel like I've done enough research yet!

I decided it was a good morning to head over to Universal. Our AP’s at Universal expired on 4/28 so it was an easy decision.
Well.... yeah!
It is best to put the attraction you want the most at top or even just list the one attraction. This way when you go in right at 7am you just need to hit that attraction and pick a time.
Oh! Thanks for this tip. :)
We decided not to get a $FP for 7DMT. It was $12.00 a person. We have been fortunate enough to ride mine train many times and the price for 30-40 seconds of fun was just too much.
Yeah... I dunno what I'll do there. I'm going with DD and she might want to ride it. I'd be fine skipping it, but...
I wanted a JC for around 6:30-7:30pm so I kept checking periodically and by 9am I was able to snag a JC for the exact time I wanted
Score!
I set the timer on my phone for 10:55am to remind it to get Peter Pan. Honestly this did not interfere at all with our time at Universal.
I really like this idea of setting a timer. Must do this.
Meanwhile, we had the Lyft driver bring us to Royal Pacific resort. The walking path is quick and close to IOA.
::yes::
I was very happy when I stayed there and that path was a big part of the reason.
Our plan was to go directly to Hagrid’s, who doesn’t want to see the biggest man/giant at the carnival 🎡 I sure did!
:laughing:

So you're saying size matters???

:rolleyes1
:duck:
I’m all about sipping on a butter beer!
Loooove butter beer.
Did you get the frozen?
The park opened at 7:45 and we went as fast as our short little legs would go.
Our wait was maybe 10 minutes.
Whoa! Not bad at all!
Wow, I was feeling quite queasy after this, just like the twisty&twirly rides at the carnival! Have you ever rode the tilt a whirl? What was your favorite carnival ride?
I have ridden it and am not a fan. I don't know that I have a favourite ride. I usually just prefer to eat the treats and soak up the atmosphere. No mere carnival ride can compare with what Disney offers.
Insert Dorky queasy tourist now..
IMG_2022-5-23-073209.jpg
You look pretty pleased with your purchase. :)
I picked up a churro to snack on. Sugar on sugar oh yeah!
The King Kong at the end is an amazing animatronic!
Andi’s 3D glasses flew off during the ride! Not sure how that happened.
Whoa! I've never heard of that!
Spider-Man was meeting in the back of the store. I peeked in there but didn’t go into meet him.
Were you scared of getting tangled in his web??
That does look good. ::yes::
We went to ride Cat in the Hat. I love this little ride, it never is really busy and a fun time.
I like that ride to. It brings me right back to my childhood. :)
I went into the MDE app and was able to add Peter Pan for around 7-8pm, yay! Perfect timing
Score again!
ET is a favorite and we headed over to ride. The pre show is back wow it is out dated but I still love this ride.
I do too... but I sure wish it would end just before you travel to his planet. I do not like that part at all.
I did stop by 12 Grimmauld Place to yell at Kreacher!
Did you really? Tell me you did.
We did The Jimmy Fallon attraction before we headed out to walk around Citywalk. I like the attraction but the pre show with the teenage girl played by Jimmy Fallon drives me crazy. She/he is so irritating 😠
Huh. I don't remember that preshow...
Probably for the best.
Reminds me of the irritating carnival workers luring you in to spend all your money on the stupid games!
Sometimes they do more than that. Had one come after me and a friend and pushed my friend up against a wall and threatened to beat him up.
We went with the deep fried pickles, roasted brussell sprouts, and the tree hugger sushi roll. I had an original margarita with patron tequila and Andi had a blood orange one.
I liked cowfish. That all sounds good. Even the sprouts, which normally I'm not a fan of.
We wanted to share the fish bowl drink, but they were out of the big fish bowl glass???
Dishwashers on strike?
We got back to the lodge via Lyft around 3pm and rested up for our night at MK. I also got another FP for Pirates!
Oh! Somehow it never occurred to me that you could have more than 3 FPs at once!

Wow, you guys got a lot done at Universal! Hagrid's sounds like such a fun attraction. And I'm with you on Velicocoaster...a Butterbeer and churro sound much more appealing than riding that coaster! :rotfl:

And how great that you were able to stack Genie+ attractions while in Universal. Looking like this was a pretty fun theme park day.

Over the last few years, we have really become "Universal people!" You hit up lots of our favorites!! I'm the adventurous rollercoaster rider in our family, while Rob and Jimmy like the more laid back rides. Rob's favorite in all of Universal is the Cat in the Hat ride, LOL! He says it has the best air conditioning in Florida :)

Sounds like you did great with stacking up your rides in Genie+. It seems like the strategy to use it for later in the day works much better than trying to use it starting in the a.m. and throughout the earlier afternoon from many posts I've read about it. Looking forward to hearing about your MK evening!! :)
We really enjoy Universal and having an AP sure has its benefits. Andi loves all the wild Rollercoasters 🎢 at Universal! I’m glad she doesn’t mind going on these solo.
I’m with Rob, I love Cat in the Hat! One visit, it started to downpour right after we rode. We couldn’t believe how many people just stayed in the gift shop, not us we ran back to ride Cat and did it like 3 more times before the rain stopped.
I found the Genie+ does work better for later in the day for the more popular rides. This is good and bad because mornings now seem less productive to us at Disney.

What a fun filled day at Universal!
It really was. We could have done much more, however, Andi does not like waiting in lines at all!
Good job on the stacking!
:thanks: It definitely works well for later in the day. The one thing I do not like is you have to take the times that are on the app when you go into book. I wish it was like FP+ and you could pick times.
It is great you got to use your passes before they expired!
It really was, I’m going to renew the AP’s and soon because it almost is the 30 days last the exp date.
You are a Rockstar at Genie+!
It really wasn’t difficult for MK, best park to get your money’s worth with the Genie+
Yum! They looks so good
These tots were very good, I would get these again!
I always make my fiancé go on this ride because it is just so cute and nostalgic!
I agree, we also do Cat every trip!
This is a must-do for every trip!
ET is also a must do, the smells in there, so nostalgic to all our Universal trips. Andi bought me a scentsy melt for ET and it smells just like entering the ride.
Wow, Another one! The title is really fitting for this TR!
I was surprised how many I got before the park closed, the park was opened until 11pm
Wow, you're an expert at stacking.
Haha, I watched so many videos of Molly from Allears!
think I would be skipping a lot of rides at Universal. I can't do round and round or rides that mess with my equilibrium, and the older I get the worse it gets
I have noticed the older I get the more I feel queasy, yuck!!
Looking forward to your MK night.
It was fun but this lady was tired!!
How did you know what time you could set the timer for?
You can make your first Genie + selection at 7am for any park, you then have to wait until 2 hours after the park opens to make your second one, unless you go and use your first one right at park opening, then you can make another one right away. The reason I put the timer on for 9am is at 7am the JC times were to early for me to pick, since we would be in US and not MK until around 6pm. So at 9am JC was already into the evening and I got the time I wanted. Once I got the first one, I set my phone for just under 2 hours later to pick Peter Pan and every 2 hours after that. If you are not in the park and stacking you can do it every 2 hours, no limit on how many like FP+ was 3. Think of paper FP, you don’t get to pick the time, you have to take the time the app gives you!
This is what confuses me...how did you know this was the time?
The every 2 hour rule
How many rides can you "stack"? Ugh..I don't get it lol...but I'm sure I will by the time another trip is in the works lol and then it may change again lol
As many as you can get and you can overlap times, this works for us because we are quick moving and can usually ride 2 rides overlapped
Your Universal day sounds amazing...I'd be wiped out already!
Haha I was tired later In The evening, even with a rest!

Last edited:
Wow you’ve had an amazing time at universal and you’re only halfway through your day! Food and drinks look good ( though running out of the big fishbowl leaves me wondering how :confused3). Looking forward to your MK evening. You’ve done great with stacking genie + so I can’t wait to see how much you pack in!

Hi Caroline! I've been so bad at keeping up with TRs, I can't believe I'm on page 5! I'm so confused with the time change and how you were able to book Genie at 5:40 am o_O

Sounds like a fun trip! We were there just before you and did pretty well with stacking Genie+ too. I wasn't planning on writing a TR because I figured I'd do one for our Cali/Hawaii trip, but since that's not happening now, who knows??

Looking forward to reading more!

$55.00??? That is so cheap! Filling my Grand Caravan with a 63 L tank is $123.00!!!
Wow, this is really crazy, how do you budget with those expenses, yikes! I hate paying $55.00!
We are at $1.979 per litre here so equivalent to $7.48 per gallon. Grocery inflation is up 10%. It's brutal
It is awful 😞
We drive all the big cars here and boy is it pricy!
We do to except I drive a Subaru crosstrek and it is great in the snow! My husband has a huge truck but has a car for work, thank goodness!
Mine Train is so not worth it! $24 USD for the two of you is ridiculous.
It really is not! It was more than Remy, I just couldn’t do it!
Your food and drinks look amazing!
Everything was delicious even the Brussel sprouts
Just found this and excited to (hopefully) follow along here! Had to re-do my Dis profile because I either forgot my username or they purged me for inactivity 🤣 Curious to see how your Genie+ experience was - we are all doing a family trip starting Friday (Memorial Day, oh joy) and I don't feel like I've done enough research yet!
:welcome: I hope you have a wonderful trip this Memorial Day weekend!
I gave a mini tutorial above in one of my responses! If you have time watch an Allears YouTube video with Molly on Genie+ she is great at explaining it!
Oh! Thanks for this tip.
This is a must especially if you want a SDD, this worked great for me. I got SDD and Rise doing this!
Yeah... I dunno what I'll do there. I'm going with DD and she might want to ride it. I'd be fine skipping it, but...
It just seemed way to much for the short ride. If we had never done it, I probably would have forked over the money.
really like this idea of setting a timer. Must do this.
This worked well since mind was else where, I was on another planet, saving the world, riding a motorbike with a large man, lol 😆 etc…..
I was very happy when I stayed there and that path was a big part of the reason.
It works perfect for Lyft drop off as well! I hate being dropped off at the main area, long walk and way more people
So you're saying size matters???
o_O:rotfl2:
Loooove butter beer.
Did you get the frozen?
I love the Frozen, I couldn’t choose since I was so queasy and Andi went off to get it for me. She got the regular. It was still very good. I had the hot one in December oh my game changer went to the top for me
I have ridden it and am not a fan. I don't know that I have a favourite ride. I usually just prefer to eat the treats and soak up the atmosphere. No mere carnival ride can compare with what Disney offers.
I remember the tilt o whirl when I was younger and it was okay. I agree we mostly went to enjoy the atmosphere and hang out! The freak show always had me curious 🧐
You look pretty pleased with your purchase.
Haha 😂 I was feeling a little better, this was not long after my queasy bout!
Whoa! I've never heard of that!
We wonder if it was because she wears regular glasses and for some reason the 3D ones weren’t on right.
Were you scared of getting tangled in his web??
:rotfl::hyper: I love Spider-Man I was probably being shy 🙈
I like that ride to. It brings me right back to my childhood.
This is very true! We love it too
I do too... but I sure wish it would end just before you travel to his planet. I do not like that part at all.
Yes, very true, the ET planet is just weird! I love when ET says bye Caroline!
Did you really? Tell me you did.
I sure did, I yelled “Kreacher” just like Harry does when Kreacher returns to Grimmauld place in the book and the movie!
Huh. I don't remember that preshow...
Probably for the best.
It is not memorable and the annoying girl ugh! We do like the ride, it doesn’t make me queasy. I know it does for some
Sometimes they do more than that. Had one come after me and a friend and pushed my friend up against a wall and threatened to beat him up.
Oh my gosh that is crazy! I remember one of my friends ended up dating a carnival games guy briefly one summer until they had to move on! He even had teeth 🦷 haha 😆
I liked cowfish. That all sounds good. Even the sprouts, which normally I'm not a fan of.
It really was a good choice of appetizers even the sprouts! I’m not a big fan but the way they roasted these and the sauce was yummy!
Dishwashers on strike?
Must be or all gone just like so many service workers
Oh! Somehow it never occurred to me that you could have more than 3 FPs at once!
Yes you can have as many as you can stack before park close.

Wow, you guys got a lot done at Universal! Hagrid's sounds like such a fun attraction. And I'm with you on Velicocoaster...a Butterbeer and churro sound much more appealing than riding that coaster!
Hagrid’s ride is so much fun even if I have to take deep breath’s and calm myself, lol 😆 I am a wimp!
Yes indeed, staying on the ground enjoying snacks is way better than a terrifying Rollercoaster 🎢
And how great that you were able to stack Genie+ attractions while in Universal. Looking like this was a pretty fun theme park day.
It worked very well and helped that MK was opened until 11pm
Another fan of both Disney and Universal AND someone who teaches us how to stack?!?!? Bless your souls!
We love both! We became AP holder at US a year ago and I have to say it has been awesome! We are going again early fall for HHN!
Why does Disney make something so complicated that we all need tutorials for it! I did a lot of research on Genie+ before our trip!

Wow you’ve had an amazing time at universal and you’re only halfway through your day! Food and drinks look good ( though running out of the big fishbowl leaves me wondering how :confused3). Looking forward to your MK evening. You’ve done great with stacking genie + so I can’t wait to see how much you pack in!
Thank you Moira! We really had a nice time at US/IOA. I know it was very weird because we ordered it and like 10 minutes later she came back to tell us they didn’t have the cup for the drink and it could take awhile :confused3 I wonder if they only have 2 and you have to wait until someone else finishes one:rotfl:
Stay tuned for the busy MK evening, so busy we forgot to eat again!
Hi Caroline! I've been so bad at keeping up with TRs, I can't believe I'm on page 5! I'm so confused with the time change and how you were able to book Genie at 5:40 am o_O
Hi Kelly! :welcome: I’m happy to see you here! Our plane was scheduled to take off at 5:40am and we didn’t start taking off until exactly 6am so enough time to grab a Remy $FP. We are on central time so 1 hour earlier than Florida, perfect timing.
Sounds like a fun trip! We were there just before you and did pretty well with stacking Genie+ too. I wasn't planning on writing a TR because I figured I'd do one for our Cali/Hawaii trip, but since that's not happening now, who knows??
I saw all your pictures on FB, it looks like you packed in a lot of attractions!
I’m so sorry about your California/Hawaii trip being canceled!
You should definitely do a report on your last trip!
Looking forward to reading more!
:thanks::thumbsup2
I'm enjoying reading your trip report and your genie + tips. Thank you!
:thanks: And :welcome:I’m happy to have you following along! Genie+ sure can be complicated!

This is a must especially if you want a SDD, this worked great for me. I got SDD and Rise doing this!
Okay! :)
It just seemed way to much for the short ride. If we had never done it, I probably would have forked over the money.
Yeah... I've done it enough that I don't need to pay for it. DD, on the other hand... has probably only done it once, maybe twice.
This worked well since mind was else where, I was on another planet, saving the world, riding a motorbike with a large man, lol 😆 etc…..
:rolleyes:
I love the Frozen, I couldn’t choose since I was so queasy and Andi went off to get it for me. She got the regular. It was still very good. I had the hot one in December oh my game changer went to the top for me
I need to try this some day! I've heard such good things.
The freak show always had me curious 🧐
Last one I went to was when I was a teen and my friend and I went to see the six foot tall man eating chicken.
Haha 😂 I was feeling a little better, this was not long after my queasy bout!
You look pretty good for queasy!
We wonder if it was because she wears regular glasses and for some reason the 3D ones weren’t on right.
ohhh... yeah, maybe.
Yes, very true, the ET planet is just weird! I love when ET says bye Caroline!
I sure did, I yelled “Kreacher” just like Harry does when Kreacher returns to Grimmauld place in the book and the movie!
:laughing: Good!!
Oh my gosh that is crazy! I remember one of my friends ended up dating a carnival games guy briefly one summer until they had to move on! He even had teeth 🦷 haha 😆
Must be or all gone just like so many service workers
Oh, right. That could very well be.
Yes you can have as many as you can stack before park close.
I learning stuff here!

My daughter and I went to Universal in March and went on Hagrid’s ride, had no idea what it was going to be like and it was crazy fun!! I was in the Sidecar being the mom. I took one look at velicocoaster and said no way but my daughter rode on it alone and absolutely loved it. She said it was very smooth. we also love the mummy, an old fav.

My daughter and I went to Universal in March and went on Hagrid’s ride, had no idea what it was going to be like and it was crazy fun!! I was in the Sidecar being the mom. I took one look at velicocoaster and said no way but my daughter rode on it alone and absolutely loved it. She said it was very smooth. we also love the mummy, an old fav.
Hello, I really love the Hagrid’s ride even if it is a little intense for me!
I always sit in the side car!
Velocicoaster is a big fat NO for me! I can’t even do Everest! I like it until the backward part and then I feel like my neck is going to snap!
I hope the Mummy is back up when we go in late August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter