Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

What a fun day! That room looks really nice, though no place beats the amount of counter space at Coronado! Evenings are the best at Epcot, everyone is busy eating so stuff like Spaceship Earth never has any wait! That slushy looks so good, and wow that arepa looks like pure cheese! Excited to hear about Hagrid's!

What a perfect ending to a pretty perfect first day
Yes it really was! I love when the first day goes well, it sets up the stage for the next days!
So excited to read a new trip report! The fireworks view from your room is awesome, I would spend every night out there watching them!
:welcome:Thanks for joining in! The view was beautiful and I did watch the fireworks almost every night!
Geyser point looks really good, we had intended to eat there this past fall but ended up skipping it. Going to try again this September, can't wait to finally try it out!
We had this on our list for quite awhile and never made it over there. It is a very nice lounge and well worth a boat ride or Lyft ride over to WL!
What a fun day! That room looks really nice, though no place beats the amount of counter space at Coronado! Evenings are the best at Epcot, everyone is busy eating so stuff like Spaceship Earth never has any wait! That slushy looks so good, and wow that arepa looks like pure cheese! Excited to hear about Hagrid's!
Thank you and the room was lovely, except it didn’t have as much space as The Towers at Coronado. It was a good evening, the crowds were low and it was the perfect way to start our trip! We got the orange wine slushy a couple more times, yummy 😋

Hello Everyone!

My name is Caroline
Hi Caroline! I'm Alison! I've seen you on a lot of my friend's TRs, and since a lot of my friends stopped writing TRs over the pandemic, I've been looking for new folks, and since you've just started this TR, I thought I would hop on over and join in the fun!

I have to admit that i haven’t been to a carnival or fair in more than 20 years, so I'm not sure that I’ll even understand some of the references!
We had to get up around 3:30am so we went to bed early!
Yikes! That's early!
Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5:40am.
But if my plane left at 5:40AM, we would need to be AT the airport at 3:30AM. That is if we flew out of LAX. On our last trip we tried our local airport, and the jury is still out as to whether we liked it better or not.
I believe the temperature was 24, ugh!
Yikes! That's really cold!
Our airport is very small so we had plenty of time to get checked in and to the gate.
That's good. At least you weren't rushing.
I was able to get a Remy $FP right as we were taking off
You folks with the short plane flights are lucky. It kills an entire day for me just to get there, and basically the same for the ride home.
The flight was uneventful and we landed right at 11:45am, exactly a 3 hour flight!
Sweet! You're there before noon with the whole day ahead of you!
I decided to go up to the front desk to check on room location and I am so glad I did. The room we were assigned was the exact same one as before, above the restaurant, what?? First off that room is standard and we paid for the nature view and no way would we want that room! This was the room that sent us to the GF several years ago! I talked with the CM and she was awesome, she got us moved to a quiet nature view area on the 4th floor, thank goodness 😅
I guess someone has to stay in those rooms over the restaurant, but I'm glad you got that straightened out, and ended up with a nice quiet room. Especially if you paying for a specific view.
I was happy, relaxing and enjoying the weather with good food and drinks!

Our waiter was very slow but we didn’t mind because we wanted to just sit and chill until our room was ready.
It's nice when you're not running all around and can just chill and enjoy everything.
She said since I hadn’t called in to request an area that is why they gave me the room above the restaurant.:sad2::confused3
We never get much of a choice so I don't bother to request views. We always stay in DVC rooms and usually request an accessible room, so there isn't much choice after that.
I also watched the fireworks from MK almost every night!
I did the same from my balcony at BLT as well, so cool!
we got ready to head out to Epcot. We had a date with a culinary rat
So much fun!
I have to say WL is not really close to any parks except MK.
I remember realizing that the last time we stayed there. I still like the vibe and the lobby. You just need to take that into account when you're traveling to other parks.
Our first booth was at the Citrus Blossom for the orange sunshine wine slushy. This was so good!
Yes! I remember liking that one a lot too!
I was toast at this point. I had to find some energy to make it on the Remy ride.
I bet! You got in a few rides before this one as well!
Remy was actually less than 7DMT, I thought that was weird. 7DMT was $12.00 a person. Wow 😯
I have yet to try Genie since we use the DAS pass, but the logic of these prices sometimes escapes me.
I watched the fireworks from our balcony and passed out shortly after!
Sounds very familiar to me! :goodvibes

You had to take two flights to get to Orlando? You poor thing. I can totally empathize being from a small place. We are going to drive next time partially because it takes us a day and a half to get to Florida anyway.

Hi Caroline! I'm Alison! I've seen you on a lot of my friend's TRs, and since a lot of my friends stopped writing TRs over the pandemic, I've been looking for new folks, and since you've just started this TR, I thought I would hop on over and join in the fun!
Hi Allison :welcome: Yes I am one of the Epic trip ladies. I have seen you on many reports and making many Dis meets! I miss all the other ladies doing TRs! Thanks so much for joining in!
I have to admit that i haven’t been to a carnival or fair in more than 20 years, so I'm not sure that I’ll even understand some of the references!
Haha 😂 no worries, I haven’t either. The stack the Genie mantra for some reason reminded me of a carnival 🎡
Yikes! That's early!
It is! We either get going that early or drive about 3 hours down to Minneapolis for a direct flight. I prefer starting at our little airport!
But if my plane left at 5:40AM, we would need to be AT the airport at 3:30AM. That is if we flew out of LAX. On our last trip we tried our local airport, and the jury is still out as to whether we liked it better or not.
I’m sure! The benefit of our small airport is not having to get there to early.
Yikes! That's really cold!
Yes! Mother Nature forgot it was spring at my house 🏠
That's good. At least you weren't rushing.
No need to rush at our airport, lol 😂
You folks with the short plane flights are lucky. It kills an entire day for me just to get there, and basically the same for the ride home.
I love arriving as early as possible to start my vacation
Sweet! You're there before noon with the whole day ahead of you!
It really was and the weather was amazing! It is always nice to have a smooth travel day.
I guess someone has to stay in those rooms over the restaurant, but I'm glad you got that straightened out, and ended up with a nice quiet room. Especially if you paying for a specific view.
It really is noisy and the older I get the harder it is to relax with noise all around. I was very happy with our room and very glad I spoke with the CM
It's nice when you're not running all around and can just chill and enjoy everything.
Yes, chillin with warm weather, couldn’t ask for more!
We never get much of a choice so I don't bother to request views. We always stay in DVC rooms and usually request an accessible room, so there isn't much choice after that.
I thought my system of using TP request form worked well but I guess it depends on the CM and the resort
I did the same from my balcony at BLT as well, so cool!
What a treat, no crowds to fight I loved it!
I remember realizing that the last time we stayed there. I still like the vibe and the lobby. You just need to take that into account when you're traveling to other parks.
Yes, we loved the atmosphere, lobby, and grounds at WL! We usually stay at CSR Tower or POFQ and both have shorter bus rides to all the parks. It wasn’t bad just a little longer on the bus.
Yes! I remember liking that one a lot too!
We loved the orange slushy
I bet! You got in a few rides before this one as well!
I should know better and just have a resort day on travel day but I like to fit in as much as possible. Epcot was really nice for a first park, not real crowded.
have yet to try Genie since we use the DAS pass, but the logic of these prices sometimes escapes me.
Genie+ is not something I like at all, yuck 🤢 The pricing is also very strange and I feel for families with 4-6 in their party, that costs a lot!
You had to take two flights to get to Orlando? You poor thing. I can totally empathize being from a small place. We are going to drive next time partially because it takes us a day and a half to get to Florida anyway.
We would much rather start at our small airport than drive down to Minneapolis. The flight is literally 30 minutes 😆 but worth it for us. We would have to drive about 3 hours to have the direct flight.

Yay! For a new TR!
I made a room request on TP and it was in this similar area on 4th or 5th floor. The CM at the front desk told me they rarely look at faxes anymore. She said since I hadn’t called in to request an area that is why they gave me the room above the restaurant.:sad2::confused3
I worked as CM in concierge and also worked in the back office. We were never trained on handling faxes, so I think the issue is that newer cast members are not being taught about this!
orange sunshine wine slushy
I remember having 2 or 3 of these once! I had hurt my foot, so I was in a wheelchair. I was definitely glad I did not have to walk!

Hi, Caroline!! I'm late, but made it in time for page 3 :) I love reading your mother-daughter trip reports since they remind me of traveling with my Mom. She and I are the best travel companions, too!

Off to a tasty start with all those yummy drinks and snacks--I can never have too much cheese!!! LOL

She plans to travel to Panama and Costa Rica
Sorry I'm late!

We went to Costa Rica (Pacific side) for Spring Break this year. SO BEAUTIFUL! Me and the hubby have been a little blue ever since coming back because it was such an amazing experience - can't wait to go back!

The trip sounds amazing so far and I'm looking forward to reading more!

I made a room request on TP and it was in this similar area on 4th or 5th floor. The CM at the front desk told me they rarely look at faxes anymore. She said since I hadn’t called in to request an area that is why they gave me the room above the restaurant.:sad2::confused3
Yikes! Guess I will be calling in room requests from now on!
The room had a nice balcony overlooking a pond and the DVC cabins. We could see the top of the MK castle and space mountain. I loved the balcony and the view. I sat out here as much as possible. I also watched the fireworks from MK almost every night!
Wow, what a view!!
We arrived at Epcot and I was very happy to be at Epcot for the F&G Festival. We walked in and SE had a 5 minute wait so we jumped on. We both love this ride. We stopped for a few minutes by Michelangelo painting the ceiling and I snapped a picture, it came out okay! I have been to the Sistine chapel and it is amazing!
Love that! Nice timing with SE!
We decided to keep drinking, lol 😂 we hit up the Cider House and I got the 3 Daughters Brewing Pink Lemonade Hard Cider and Andi tried the Bold Rock Watermelon Cider. We liked both but thought the pink lemonade was the 🏆 winner! Better than a cheap carnival prize.
I loved the Pink Lemonade Hard Cider, so refreshing!
We walked past the UK and France to try the La Isla Fresca booth. Here the cheese hit us hard! I waited in line and Andi headed to the Tangerine Cafe to pick up the Mediterranean Flat bread. It had za’atar, (not sure what za’atar is), artichoke, olives, mozzarella, and feta. This was very good, a little rich with the cheese and sauce. We shared this with the Arepas topped with melted queso fresco. We found a nice little bistro table in Morocco. It was nice and quiet back there. We also shared a bottle of water.
I wanted to try that flatbread from Morocco but we were too full. Looks like an awesome evening. Your fireworks view from your room was incredible!!

My name is Caroline and I love traveling, especially to Walt Disney World!
What? Travel? To WDW? Who'd've guessed????
I am a RN and let’s be honest, it is a stressful career especially the last 2+ years, even more so!
:hug:
I can't even imagine.
Our trips are very special and filled with so many memories.
:goodvibes
She plans to travel to Panama and Costa Rica in the future for her career!
Whoa! Good for her!
She currently translates data for a law firm, does tutoring and is a TA for the head of the Latin American Department. She has found there is a great need for her bilingual skills out there!
Impressive!
His only flaw is he doesn’t like traveling to Florida and he is not a Disney fan, boo 😒
Sounds like my DW. We should get them together so they can stay home while we have fun in Disney.

Um... that sounds a bit... wrong...
Unfortunately there will not be any bearded ladies or lobster boys!🦞
What? What kind of TR is this?!?!?!?!?

Andi had arrived the evening before and we had Qdoba for dinner.
my eldest DD likes Qdoba too. :)
The forecast looked awesome! 85 and sunny ☀️ each day.
:faint:
I wish!!!
I'm still waiting for winter to really be over. :sad2:
This was such a welcome with our colder than normal April.
And May... don't forget May... still too cold.
I have started to take the day before and the day after a trip off!
Such a good idea. I hate leaving last minute and coming back and having to work right away.
I believe the temperature was 24, ugh! Mother Nature forgot it was the end of April at our house. It was snowing lightly as well, seriously 😳Get me out of here!
I wanna go too!!!!
My mirror selfie before each trip, lol 😆
You look pretty darned awake for 4am!
Remy $FP, (this will be the symbol I use for fancy rides=$).
I like it! :laughing:
I was able to get a Remy $FP right as we were taking off, shhh 🤫 don’t tell the pilot 👨‍✈️ I put my phone to airplane mode immediately after!
So that's why I got a memo to keep an eye out for DLH passengers.
I watched The House of Gucci and really liked it!
It's on my list. Last I checked I could only rent it. Maybe it's available now on Netflix or Prime (or Disney+??)
The airport was so busy, wow, people everywhere. It is just like the crowds at the carnival trying to step right up to see the snake 🐍 man!
I'm sensing a theme here.
the baggage carousels (carnival related 😅)
:laughing:
The weather, it was beautiful, hot and the sun was shining, I loved it. I soaked it up as much as possible before getting in the car.
I'm more than just a little bit envious!
In the car, I ordered a few groceries from Instacart, wow it was literally $30 dollars more than January for basically the same items, wow, inflation sucks!
:sad2:
Crazy how everything has gone up so much.
We arrived at the beautiful WL and it is very welcoming at the entrance and walking in the lobby, beautiful 🤩
It's such a beautiful resort. ::yes::
First off that room is standard and we paid for the nature view and no way would we want that room!
Heck no!
I'd have been more than just a little miffed too!
I talked with the CM and she was awesome, she got us moved to a quiet nature view area on the 4th floor, thank goodness 😅
Phew!
We had a little table on the outside of the lounge with the lake to our right. It was awesome!
Sounds wonderful. :)

Our room was on the 4th floor and very close to the elevator.
So....

Is that good or bad?
Good because less walking? Or bad because more noise?
The CM at the front desk told me they rarely look at faxes anymore.
What? Really!
She said since I hadn’t called in to request an area that is why they gave me the room above the restaurant.:sad2::confused3
:sad2:

I know I've had luck with the faxed request, but... maybe that's a thing of the past now.
We have had luck using TP room request in the past but I think I will call in from now on.
Hmmm... maybe I'll have to do the same.
The bathroom has a nice rainfall shower head and handheld shower. It was a tub shower.
That sounds good to me. ::yes::
Lame picture of me, ugh 😩
Nah. You look great. :)
I was surprised the TV wasn’t a smart TV like the ones at Destino. I forgot the fire stick at home so we had to watch commercials, such horror like the creepy clowns 🤡 at the carnival.
The horror!!! :scared1:

;)
I also watched the fireworks from MK almost every night!
Wow! What a treat!
Pretty sweet deal.
IMG_2022-5-14-062556.jpg

IMG_2022-5-14-062623.jpg
:laughing: I love the high tech markups.
I was very happy to be at Epcot for the F&G Festival.
I love the festivals. They're so much fun... and so filling!
We stopped for a few minutes by Michelangelo painting the ceiling and I snapped a picture, it came out okay!
It did!
I have been to the Sistine chapel and it is amazing!
Lucky! I hope someday to see it, but... I have a feeling it might not happen.
Our first booth was at the Citrus Blossom for the orange sunshine wine slushy. This was so good!
mmmm... liked that one.
It wasn’t nothing like the mile high beer 🍺 one can get at the carnival 🎡.
:laughing:
It was quite warm this evening! The heat and alcohol 🍷 were making me feel the 3:30am wake up call.
Uh, oh! Tipsy Caroline! (Wasn't that a Neil Diamond song? :rolleyes1 )
We decided to keep drinking, lol 😂
:lmao:
It had za’atar, (not sure what za’atar is),
:confused3 Never heard of it. Far too lazy to Google it.
Yikes! Any more cheese and you ain't going potty for a week!
I was toast at this point.
Cheese toast?
I watched the fireworks from our balcony and passed out shortly after! I slept well in my comfy WL bed!
:goodvibes

:cat:

Yay! For a new TR!
:welcome: Thank you for joining in!
I worked as CM in concierge and also worked in the back office. We were never trained on handling faxes, so I think the issue is that newer cast members are not being taught about this!
This is very good information. I would say in the past I would get my room request area 75% of the time with TP. It is fun to look at the rooms on TP
How fun to work at Disney! Did you like it?
I remember having 2 or 3 of these once! I had hurt my foot, so I was in a wheelchair. I was definitely glad I did not have to walk!
I can see that! It was so tasty. The slushy part keeps you from drinking it to fast, otherwise the dreaded brain freeze!
Hi, Caroline!! I'm late, but made it in time for page 3 :) I love reading your mother-daughter trip reports since they remind me of traveling with my Mom. She and I are the best travel companions, too!
:welcome:Jackie! I’m so glad you found my report and are joining in! Most all of our Epic ladies aren’t on here very much anymore:sad:
I love the mother/daughter trips, we have such precious memories from over the years!
Off to a tasty start with all those yummy drinks and snacks--I can never have too much cheese!!! LOL
Haha 😆 Usually my mantra as well but wow the cheese was a little much this evening!
Sorry I'm late!
:welcome:Never to late! Thanks for joining in!
We went to Costa Rica (Pacific side) for Spring Break this year. SO BEAUTIFUL! Me and the hubby have been a little blue ever since coming back because it was such an amazing experience - can't wait to go back!
I’m voting for Costa Rica so we can visit her! I have been once years ago and loved it!
The trip sounds amazing so far and I'm looking forward to reading more!
The first day was wonderful which always starts a good vibe for the rest of the vacation
Just found this TR and loving it so far!
:welcome:Thank you so much for joining in! I’m glad your enjoying so far!

What a great arrival day!

Geyser Point looks awesome. I'm planning on going there for our first MK day. I think it'll be a nice break from the park for lunch.

So excited to catch up on the rest of your report!

As usual, I'm very late to this party. For some reason I never seem to find peoples' new TR's....

Anyway...

Both drinks are made with flavored vodka. The punch was the clear winner and we had several more throughout the week.
This looked really good. My kinda drink.
Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with house made chips
Yummmm...that looks really good!!

Sounds like your trip was off to a great start!!

It is time to do a room tour! It won’t be like the house of mirrors or the fun house at the carnival! 🎪Instead it is a wonderful room with a great view. Our room was on the 4th floor and very close to the elevator.

WL is one of the resorts I have high on my list for someday. Your room looks lovely.

We walked in and SE had a 5 minute wait so we jumped on. We both love this ride.
Perfect! I love me some SE.

the Mediterranean Flat bread. It had za’atar, (not sure what za’atar is), artichoke, olives, mozzarella, and feta. This was very good, a little rich with the cheese and sauce.

I wanted to try this but didn't have enough room in my belly.

I watched the fireworks from our balcony and passed out shortly after! I slept well in my comfy WL bed!

Now that's the way to end your night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter