Step 1: Admitting to a Disney Addiction

What a day! I got TWO, yes- TWO PIN codes today! One is a 30-35-40 code (which we're already getting on our June trip with the AP rate.) That means I have to plan another trip before December 16th :laughing: The second is a free quick service dining code good through the summer. So...now I have to break out the calculator and determine whats the best deal now for our June trip! Of course, the system is down right now so I can't really think about it.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm on Spring Break this week. Well, now I can't seem to get off the DISboards. It just puts me at peace to read about my favorite place. I absolutely can't wait til June 2nd :goodvibes

2994770847_2132d6d6c1.jpg

Inspired by DISer disneydreamingdebby, I started making a notebook for my planning. Its actually 4x6 index cards with two rings. I'm still organizing it and figuring out what will be most helpful during the trip. The biggest reason for wanting it was so I could make sure I jotted down the things I need to try. So now, as I'm reading on the DIS, I keep it nearby and jot down a "must-do" such as the candy maker in Japan. I'm terrible about getting to Disney World and thinking "now what was it that I read about doing?" Here's what I have so far. I'd love ideas!

232323232%7Ffp5338%3A%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A24632%3Anu0mrj

Book and scrapbooking stickers from Target. I think I'll add our last name above Disney Vacation somehow. Just haven't figured out how I want to do that yet.

232323232%7Ffp53388%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3447%3A2%3B58%3B32%3Anu0mrj

First section (the book has plastic dividers and I made subsections with colored labels) is for the itinerary and park hours. The white boxes are over our dining confirmation numbers- they're on there, just wasn't sure I should post them for others.

232323232%7Ffp53385%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A25232%3Anu0mrj

(Sorry for being out of focus- our camera isn't working properly.) On the back of the itinerary, I jotted down things I want to be sure to do or try. This is where I go as I'm reading the DIS and come across new ideas!

232323232%7Ffp53378%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A25332%3Anu0mrj

A second page on each day to tell the hours for each park that day as well as parade and fireworks times.

232323232%7Ffp53398%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A24432%3Anu0mrj

This is the second section. I really can't remember what my original intention was for this section and why I put the park headings. I'm thinking now I'll use it for listing must do rides and attractions (street performers, etc.)

There are 2 more sections and the back has a pocket...it won't hold much but might be good for small keepsakes in the parks. I thought about doing autographs in one section (although I refuse to stand in line for an autograph since Landon won't care at his age.) Might use a section to jot down memories, like in the Passporter. Let me know if you think of something else useful that could go in it!

:tink:

Ok, confession time. :sad2: When I first got on the DIS, I HATED these:
:banana: :banana: :banana:
I vowed not to use them in my posts because they're so silly! Well, as you can see, I got past that. What's wrong with silly when you're talking Disney, right? Really, though, its amazing what kind of impact those guys have on a post. Especially this one :lmao:

Hope you're all having a great week! :goodvibes The weekend is coming!

What a day! I got TWO, yes- TWO PIN codes today! One is a 30-35-40 code (which we're already getting on our June trip with the AP rate.) That means I have to plan another trip before December 16th :laughing: The second is a free quick service dining code good through the summer. So...now I have to break out the calculator and determine whats the best deal now for our June trip! Of course, the system is down right now so I can't really think about it.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm on Spring Break this week. Well, now I can't seem to get off the DISboards. It just puts me at peace to read about my favorite place. I absolutely can't wait til June 2nd :goodvibes

2994770847_2132d6d6c1.jpg

Inspired by DISer disneydreamingdebby, I started making a notebook for my planning. Its actually 4x6 index cards with two rings. I'm still organizing it and figuring out what will be most helpful during the trip. The biggest reason for wanting it was so I could make sure I jotted down the things I need to try. So now, as I'm reading on the DIS, I keep it nearby and jot down a "must-do" such as the candy maker in Japan. I'm terrible about getting to Disney World and thinking "now what was it that I read about doing?" Here's what I have so far. I'd love ideas!

232323232%7Ffp5338%3A%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A24632%3Anu0mrj

Book and scrapbooking stickers from Target. I think I'll add our last name above Disney Vacation somehow. Just haven't figured out how I want to do that yet.

232323232%7Ffp53388%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3447%3A2%3B58%3B32%3Anu0mrj

First section (the book has plastic dividers and I made subsections with colored labels) is for the itinerary and park hours. The white boxes are over our dining confirmation numbers- they're on there, just wasn't sure I should post them for others.

232323232%7Ffp53385%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A25232%3Anu0mrj

(Sorry for being out of focus- our camera isn't working properly.) On the back of the itinerary, I jotted down things I want to be sure to do or try. This is where I go as I'm reading the DIS and come across new ideas!

232323232%7Ffp53378%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A25332%3Anu0mrj

A second page on each day to tell the hours for each park that day as well as parade and fireworks times.

232323232%7Ffp53398%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34479%3B%3A24432%3Anu0mrj

This is the second section. I really can't remember what my original intention was for this section and why I put the park headings. I'm thinking now I'll use it for listing must do rides and attractions (street performers, etc.)

There are 2 more sections and the back has a pocket...it won't hold much but might be good for small keepsakes in the parks. I thought about doing autographs in one section (although I refuse to stand in line for an autograph since Landon won't care at his age.) Might use a section to jot down memories, like in the Passporter. Let me know if you think of something else useful that could go in it!

:tink:

Ok, confession time. :sad2: When I first got on the DIS, I HATED these:
:banana: :banana: :banana:
I vowed not to use them in my posts because they're so silly! Well, as you can see, I got past that. What's wrong with silly when you're talking Disney, right? Really, though, its amazing what kind of impact those guys have on a post. Especially this one :lmao:

Hope you're all having a great week! :goodvibes The weekend is coming!

Love the notebook...how cute (and cheaper than a Passporter too!). :thumbsup2

I can't wait for the weekend. It's been a busy week at work; hubby found out today he definitely needs back surgery and it was snowing here today. It's supposed to be warmer over the weekend--back up to the 60s and 70s.

Love the notebook...how cute (and cheaper than a Passporter too!). :thumbsup2

I can't wait for the weekend. It's been a busy week at work; hubby found out today he definitely needs back surgery and it was snowing here today. It's supposed to be warmer over the weekend--back up to the 60s and 70s.

I really have to start counting my blessings! I have been bummed that our temperature is dropping to the lower 70s tomorrow :sad2: Winter seemed SO long...I didn't move to SC for cold weather!

I'm sorry to hear about your husband needing back surgery! Hope you get that warmer weather over the weekend to make up for the week! :cool2:

Just an update from yesterday...I am notchanging anything about our reservation. I forgot that it would be more to upgrade the free QS dining since it is summer...plus, the only availability is at the CBR and I am very set on CSR. I was even willing to possibly give up WL (ok, probably not really :rolleyes1) but I'm not willing to give up CSR right now!

Landon and I spent the morning at the park (again!), the pet store, and the store Cupcake :love:

We split this:
large-vanilla-with-chocolate.jpg

And I got a peaches and cream one to go (no picture on their site, but the picture probably wouldn't do it justice- it smells DELICIOUS! :cloud9:)

I love cupcakes! Can't wait to try one at Starring Rolls!

Okay...I am sitting here contemplating having a salad for lunch like a good girl, and then I read your update and see the picture of the cupcake. So how does a salad and a cupcake sound?

Okay...I am sitting here contemplating having a salad for lunch like a good girl, and then I read your update and see the picture of the cupcake. So how does a salad and a cupcake sound?

A salad and a cupcake sounds healthy! (Compared to a cupcake and a cupcake like I almost had for lunch :rotfl2:) Actually, I ended up eating chicken salad- not sure it counts as healthy with the mayo, etc. but it was a better choice than my 2nd cupcake. :)

Did you change to WL? I thought i read on one of the other threads that you were staying at WL.

Love your planner - your handwriting is so neat! (I'm a perfectionist, so quite critical of my own.) Will you be naming the planner?

So, your planning Dec? I think I am considering Jan...it isn't intentional, but I reallly want to try Bay Lake Towers. Waiting until next summer seems too far. :rolleyes1

I wonder if we should level Disney addiction...Maybe like cancer has stages (I know sad comparison, but it's on my mind.) Back to the happy place.:cutie:

Stage IV - DVC; two or more vacations in the planning stages
Stage III -two or more vacations in the planning stages
Stage II...

I'll see you at Teppan Edo on June 4th. We have reservations there too! Perhaps we'll share a table...

I'm so sad that we have school on Monday.:sad1:

Did you change to WL? I thought i read on one of the other threads that you were staying at WL.

I'm doing a split stay- first CSR, then WL :cool1: We were just doing CSR, but made it work to do both. I'm honestly more excited about CSR right now because of the rooms, but DH and his friend REALLY want to do WL- and I can't argue with being so close to the MK.

Love your planner - your handwriting is so neat! (I'm a perfectionist, so quite critical of my own.) Will you be naming the planner?

So, your planning Dec? I think I am considering Jan...it isn't intentional, but I reallly want to try Bay Lake Towers. Waiting until next summer seems too far. :rolleyes1

I wonder if we should level Disney addiction...Maybe like cancer has stages (I know sad comparison, but it's on my mind.) Back to the happy place.:cutie:

Stage IV - DVC; two or more vacations in the planning stages
Stage III -two or more vacations in the planning stages
Stage II...

Haha, I love the stages! I'm only a 3, but once we're officially "debt-free" with student loans, cars, etc. (soon!) I'm going to beg for DVC!

I'm a elementary teacher- so the handwriting comes with the job :rotfl: I haven't come up with a name yet! How did you come up with Bob?

I'll see you at Teppan Edo on June 4th. We have reservations there too! Perhaps we'll share a table...

I'm so sad that we have school on Monday.:sad1:

I'm so sad too :sad2: I usually get the Monday blues starting on Saturday night. During breaks (like this week), the blues kicked in on Thursday! I have the most challenging group this year. The first year I've ever really wanted to be out of school. Hopefully the next 7 weeks will fly by! It doesn't hurt to have a Disney trip to look forward to :goodvibes

That's so cool you'll be at Teppan Edo on the 4th! At a close time?

I'm doing a split stay- first CSR, then WL :cool1: We were just doing CSR, but made it work to do both. I'm honestly more excited about CSR right now because of the rooms, but DH and his friend REALLY want to do WL- and I can't argue with being so close to the MK.

Good for you. And we have to keep the hubbys happy. ;)

Hi! I just found your PTR. I am also a teacher (1st grade). We stayed at CSR last summer and we really enjoyed it. The new refurbished rooms are wonderful! The bed was so comfy! We were in Cabanas and we never felt like the walk was too far. Plus, it is so beautiful it is an enjoyable walk. Peppermarket was also enjoyable. We are also going in June,for a Grand Gathering. We are going to be staying at CBR for the first time. I like your planner! It is really cute.:goodvibes I have one also but it is a regular binder.

:goodvibes I wasn't as orginal as Bob - I went with Stan (rhyme- no other reason...). I can't remember if you are going in May or June. You could name the plan Junie (as in B. Jones, of course) or Maisy for May. (I had to backspace; I didn't think I could give you a literary reference, and I did. :yay:)

I think it is wise to wait for DVC until you have other items paid off. We bought a resale contract with cash. My DH is the saver (I am the spender) so I have to get his okay for when we will do big purchases (like more points and trips.)

Hello! :wave2: I found your PTR report tonight. Your son is adorable! A PTR is a great way, IMO, to pass time. thumbsup2 My DH is right there with your DH! I want to prove to him that all my planning time is worth it by having a great vacation!

We just switched our reservation to CSR today! We were originally POR but I thought CSR would be a better fit for our travel party. I am so excited about it! I agree about the decor--right up my alley. We really want to stay at WL someday but to keep it afforded for those traveling with us, moderates were a must. The one thing our TA told us about the Casitas rooms is they go to convention attendees first. Ohh, the cupcakes from Starring Roles! I agree, they look so good. I want to try one too.

What a cute way to do a message! What did DH say when he saw it on the Easter eggs?

Ok, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Actually, I've been betraying the DIS and frequenting some other forums. DH and I are thinking about extending the family ;) so I've been a bit obsessed with baby sites. I will keep everyone posted on that too!

The last few days have been difficult. I came downstairs yesterday to a dog who peed in the house...pretty sure its a UTI. She gets them all of the time. Thank goodness neighbor is our vet. Then, DS woke up with pink eye. We went to the doctor and he is getting two ear infections as well. Last night, DH started feeling bad- now it looks like he has a bad sinus infection. Luckily, everything is fairly minor when put in perspective, and everyone is getting treated.

On a much more positive note: in one month from today, we'll be dropping off the dogs, loading up the bags, and driving to Florida!! :woohoo: I'm going to try to upload a few old pictures at some point today or tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring!! It has been beautiful here :flower3:

Hello! :wave2: I found your PTR report tonight. Your son is adorable! A PTR is a great way, IMO, to pass time. thumbsup2 My DH is right there with your DH! I want to prove to him that all my planning time is worth it by having a great vacation!

We just switched our reservation to CSR today! We were originally POR but I thought CSR would be a better fit for our travel party. I am so excited about it! I agree about the decor--right up my alley. We really want to stay at WL someday but to keep it afforded for those traveling with us, moderates were a must. The one thing our TA told us about the Casitas rooms is they go to convention attendees first. Ohh, the cupcakes from Starring Roles! I agree, they look so good. I want to try one too.

What a cute way to do a message! What did DH say when he saw it on the Easter eggs?

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I've heard about Casitas going to conventions first. Luckily, we won't be there during a convention, so we might luck out and get our choice. I'm still debating whether to even make a request or not...

DH just thought the eggs were typical for me :) He's used to my obsession at this point. We've had Mickey pancakes, hamburgers with Mickey onions, Toaster Streudels with Mickey on them......

How is planning going??

I'm not sure what else I should work on! Haha. I am really not someone who can plan out every ride. We very much like to maximize our time in the mornings (hit rides with short waits, strategize for Fastpasses, etc.) but take it easy in the afternoons. By the end of our trip, we usually become flexible about everything. So, now that I have the parks outlined and ADRs...I'm just working on tips and the little "must sees" like street performers, etc.

Hi! I just found your PTR. I am also a teacher (1st grade). We stayed at CSR last summer and we really enjoyed it. The new refurbished rooms are wonderful! The bed was so comfy! We were in Cabanas and we never felt like the walk was too far. Plus, it is so beautiful it is an enjoyable walk. Peppermarket was also enjoyable. We are also going in June,for a Grand Gathering. We are going to be staying at CBR for the first time. I like your planner! It is really cute.:goodvibes I have one also but it is a regular binder.

:welcome: I'm glad you liked CSR!! I don't think we'll mind any walking. Usually if we don't have much of a walk, we end up sight-seeing and walking around the property anyway. I'm also glad you enjoyed PM. I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll be interested to see how you like CBR in comparison! We had our ressies there at first and ended up switching to CSR.

Ok, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Actually, I've been betraying the DIS and frequenting some other forums. DH and I are thinking about extending the family ;) so I've been a bit obsessed with baby sites. I will keep everyone posted on that too!

The last few days have been difficult. I came downstairs yesterday to a dog who peed in the house...pretty sure its a UTI. She gets them all of the time. Thank goodness neighbor is our vet. Then, DS woke up with pink eye. We went to the doctor and he is getting two ear infections as well. Last night, DH started feeling bad- now it looks like he has a bad sinus infection. Luckily, everything is fairly minor when put in perspective, and everyone is getting treated.

On a much more positive note: in one month from today, we'll be dropping off the dogs, loading up the bags, and driving to Florida!! :woohoo: I'm going to try to upload a few old pictures at some point today or tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring!! It has been beautiful here :flower3:

Hugs to you guys. Hey, I like your ptr!!! It's one month for me as well. I'm staying at Pop! Those pics look great! CSR is a real contender for mine and Kenny's fall trip!

Anna

Sorry everyone is ill; good news is you have a month to get everyone well enough for vacation. Do you use EHM; have you planned out which parks on which days. (You might have done this and I just don't remember.)

Are you familiar with this site http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/. You can use it to plan the street performances etc.

Hugs to you guys. Hey, I like your ptr!!! It's one month for me as well. I'm staying at Pop! Those pics look great! CSR is a real contender for mine and Kenny's fall trip!

Anna

Thanks for the hugs! I'm hoping to do a TR, so if you go with CSR, I'll have a review on here by then!! I'm so excited about staying there! :goodvibes

Sorry everyone is ill; good news is you have a month to get everyone well enough for vacation. Do you use EHM; have you planned out which parks on which days. (You might have done this and I just don't remember.)

Are you familiar with this site http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/. You can use it to plan the street performances etc.

I use the morning EMHs sometimes. I feel like the evening ones are more crowded so I don't plan our trip around them (and I usually have my dining planned before they come out, so I plan more around where we're eating.) I haven't been on the Steve Soares site lately, but need when we get closer to the trip. Thanks for the reminder! I'm also going to head onto TouringPlans to check crowd levels and might make some changes according to those. We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter