Steakhouse Recommendations?

Bushman

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I'm new to these boards, so I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

My family is having our reunion at Disney World in August, and we will be getting together 1 night for a nice steak dinner. There will be around 20 of us, and I was wondering which is the better option: The Yachtsman or Shula's? We're staying at the Yacht Club, so it's obviously closer, but I don't believe Shula's is that much further (I could be wrong). We're obviuosly looking at the food quality, but also the overall ambiance of the restaurant and service.

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and I look forward to being a regular contributor.

Mark Bushman
Fredericksburg, Va.

That's a heck of a magical gathering. Dinner for 20 is going to be a challenge I imagine.

Unfortunately I have not been to either of the places you mentioned above. I suggested a friend try Yachtman's over the weekend and she said the meal was excellent.

Another place that I suggested for her and she said was excellent was California Grill at the top of the Contemporary. This might be a nice idea for a family reunion. Perhaps you could try to plan the meal so that you are there for the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. It's my understanding that dim the lights and pipe in the music from the show. If timed right, this could be a truly magical experience for your famliy reunion.

Shula's is the best steakhouse around. They are also the most expensive, but worth it. You shouldn't have any problems with that large of a group. Even though it's just DW and I, we have seen many large groups at Shula's. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Can't wait until April when we're back down at the World.

I would agree about Shula's being the best. It is very close to the Yacht Club. Dinner for 20 without drinks or appetizers will be $1000 or more. Yatchsman or Concourse Grill at the Contemporary or Le Celier at Epcot are all very good and less expensive.

Shulas is fantastic! I think they have the best steak in all of Disney. No kids menu's are available though. Yachtsman is also very good, a bit less expensive and they handle a big group well.

If you want to drive a little bit Ruth's Chris is not to far. IMO its the best steak place in Orlando.

Have not eaten at Shula's, but have had a wonderful meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse. We are planning to go there again on our next trip.

We have eaten at both restaurants and greatly prefer Shula's. We didn't think the food was that great at Yachtsman Steakhouse and thought it was overpriced for the quality of the streak.

Shula's has fantastic steak, great salads and sides and we prefer the atmosphere in this restaurant. They would easily be able to accomodate your large party - they have several small dining rooms they could seat you in.

Never eaten at either, but we had a party for 15 at Le Cellier in Epcot and they were wonderful!! The service was great and the food is excellent.

Until Shulas takes DDE will have to say Yachtsmans Steakhouse has the best steaks and service on property. We have been there for many holidays in big groups and they are great with accommodating us.

I have eaten @ both Schula's and the Yachtman's and found the quality of beef much better @ Schula's. Also...think they could better accomodate your group of 20.

Have a Great Time !!

Yachtman and Concourse Steakhouse are excellent. The buffalo steak @ Artist Point in WL is very good. The ambiance and menu @ Artist Point has my vote

carol1231 said:
Have not eaten at Shula's, but have had a wonderful meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse. We are planning to go there again on our next trip.

Ditto! ;)

And welcome to the Dis, Bushman!

I've enjoyed great meals at both restaurants...good service, nice atmosphere (although I prefer Yachstman for atmosphere)...you really can't go wrong.

Just a heads up, Shula's can be VERY expensive. They don't provide menu's...your waitstaff tells you what is available. We were there last week...a party of 6 adults...we had the appetizer one of our waiters recommended (we had 3 waiters)...very good...we each had one jumbo shrimp, one bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp (excellent!), one crab claw and one lobster wrap...$240!!!!! We almost fell off our seats when the bill arrived. Our total dinner tab, tip included, was $700. We had the above mentioned appetizer, 1 bottle of wine ($60), 1 coke, 4 cocktails, 6 entrees (all beef), 3 sides to share and 3 desserts to share. We all enjoyed a nice evening, but we all agree it was not worth the tab. Of course, lesson learned, always ask the price...never assume because the appetizer is called a "Sampler Platter" it will be inexpensive. :earseek:

Have a great trip!

Well, I gotta try Shula's on my next trip, because my last couple meals at Yachtsman Steakhouse have been great. If Shula's is really that much better, it must be an awesome meal!

Also, to confirm, Shula's is at the Dolphin hotel, which is no more than a 5 minute walk from the Yacht Club.

One vote for Le Cellier...
The food is awesome, even for non steak eaters they have wonderful options.
:)

I've eaten at every place mentioned above. Shula's was good, but I didn't care at all for the ambiance, and it was expensive.

The Yachtsmans Steakhouse has made a remarkable comeback in the past year or two, and considering your party and situation it would be my first choice.

You might also consider Jiko, which has the best steak entre at WDW, and a privte room which I believe would accomodate your group.

You'll need to go through group dining for your reservation, and a CC deposit will be required. Make sure everyone who says they are going does, as you'll be charged a no show fee for anyone who doesn't go.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter