• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Steakhouse 71

jdtopgun71

Mouseketeer
Had lunch today and we thought it was fantastic. I had the smash burger and it was one of the best burgers I've ever had. I had heard really good reviews on it and it definitely lived up to the hype. I am not a big truffle fry fan but the waffle fries were good. DS had the strip steak and fries and DW had crab cakes and a wedge salad and they both enjoyed their meals and gave everything 2 thumbs up. Definitely recommend SH71 highly and we will be back!

Totally agree. We ate there twice over our last trip and it was excellent both times. Burger was one of the best I have ever had as well. Service was great and price very reasonable.

I ate there in November. I had a wonderful time. Service was good. The bacon and egg app was outstanding. The steak was good quality for price. Overall just a nice relaxing experience. The drink menu is also very good.

Unfortunately the secret has gotten out and reservations are hard to come by now.

We ate there twice during our trip last week. We had dinner in the dining room and we both got the filet. It was delicious and our server was great. Another day we went to the lounge for a burger and it was very good. Also, get the onion rings - so good! We would go here again.

I went Friday night to the lounge and had the best time. The food was delicious!

Attachments

• 71530498551__2383F6F2-5590-4B50-AF5C-89D53235D824.jpeg
    71530498551__2383F6F2-5590-4B50-AF5C-89D53235D824.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7931.jpeg
    IMG_7931.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7935.jpeg
    IMG_7935.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 34
Hit or miss unfortunately, like most restaurants these days. Two in our party ordered the Filet medium, came out crispy well done. Sent them back, one came back out raw, one was under medium but the person just ate it. Sent the raw one back and told them we didn't want anything else because at this point others were done with their meal. If the name of your restaurant has "steakhouse" in it, you better be able to cook a steak to someones liking every time. My pork chop was excellent, slightly undercooked but that's ok with me. On our two previous visits the food was all good.

Not for EE into MK it's not.
I think with any TS for breakfast, you have to decide if you are doing EE or a meal. I think it's not reasonable to expect both to be possible, but then again these boards lately are a lot of people having unrealistic expectations.

I think with any TS for breakfast, you have to decide if you are doing EE or a meal. I think it's not reasonable to expect both to be possible, but then again these boards lately are a lot of people having unrealistic expectations.
Right. I wish more TS places would open at least by 7:00. Many of our breakfast meals will be off-site because of this. Steakhouse 71 would be the most ideal for us before MK.

Right. I wish more TS places would open at least by 7:00. Steakhouse 71 would be the most ideal for us.
Disney clearly doesn't agree that there is enough of a market for this which is why they only have QS available that early. The entitlement of what people want and "deserve" from Disney is driving me insane. It's a fun place that most people can't afford - just enjoy it and know you won't get everything you want.

Disney clearly doesn't agree that there is enough of a market for this which is why they only have QS available that early. The entitlement of what people want and "deserve" from Disney is driving me insane. It's a fun place that most people can't afford - just enjoy it and know you won't get everything you want.
I know that. Been doing Disney a while, but after this trip, we are done for a really long time. Yes, the affordability and value no longer match.

I know that. Been doing Disney a while, but after this trip, we are done for a really long time. Yes, the affordability and value no longer match.
I hope your final trip is magical and you find joy in what you're able to put together even if it doesn't meet your expectations. I also hope you can check out S71 because it was great - the lounge was not very busy the evening I went and it was easy to get a spot at the bar if you can sneak it in. It's not the full menu but the burger was really good!!

We went on a whim last week or so on our trip and sat at the bar. The menu was limited and we said something to the bartender. He said hold on and went and got a chef who said what do you want (my wife has a food allergy). She really just wanted a nice salad he said no problem made her a huge salad and I had the smash burger. Food was very reasonably priced IMHO. Restaurants near our home we have paid more for similar items. It was so good we went back 2 nights later and the bartender remembered us called a chef and they took care of us very well again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter