Steakhouse 71- walk up?

stace1214

DIS Veteran
Planning a very last minute trip to WDW in January and want to eat at Steakhouse 71. I'm hoping there will be a cancellation and we'll get a reservation but has anyone had luck with walking up? I'd say we would eat in the lounge, but it's just a mom and daughter trip and my daughter is 10, so too young to sit at the bar.

We had a reservation in place on our first night at BLT. Our stay was for a 8 days. Other than that reservation, we walked right in for dinner on two other nights without reservations.

Just got back and did Steakhouse 71 twice. The first was from an ADR when the booking window opened. The second was the night before by just searching for dining availability. Unnoticed a lot of places are available day of or night before.

If nothing else works, consider mobile ordering. You could always have a "picnic" in one of the seating areas either outside the convention center (second floor) or at the Outer Rim. Contempo Cafe has beverages and grab-and-go desserts.

Planning a very last minute trip to WDW in January and want to eat at Steakhouse 71. I'm hoping there will be a cancellation and we'll get a reservation but has anyone had luck with walking up? I'd say we would eat in the lounge, but it's just a mom and daughter trip and my daughter is 10, so too young to sit at the bar.
I am a CM at Steakhouse. Kids can and do sit at the bar and lounge area every night if you aren't successful. It's a smaller menu at the lounge, we do not serve the full menu there. That said, depending what meal you are coming for and what day, if you can be there right at dinner opening at 5pm, we can almost always take a few walk ins for the first 15 minutes or so. After that, it becomes iffy!

Thank you so much!! We'll try for right at 5 and hit the lounge if we can't get a walk-up table. You're so helpful- I really appreciate it!!

I have a 13 year old who can’t eat an entire steak (and I am not willing to pay $38 for her to only eat part). Has anybody had experience letting a younger kid order from the kids menu?

I have a 13 year old who can’t eat an entire steak (and I am not willing to pay $38 for her to only eat part). Has anybody had experience letting a younger kid order from the kids menu?
Hi there! CM at Steakhouse! You will have no issues with a teen ordering a kids meal! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter