• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Steakhouse 71 Should we try it again?

I've only been once but had a delicious prime rib and great service. I still think it's the best value for steak on property. I'm also not too picky about my steaks, like if it's a little tough but flavorful I will still happily eat it.

I just ate at Steakhouse 71 and really enjoyed it. It's still not my favorite steak place. It's still La Cellier for me.

I had a pretty good meal there, I really enjoyed the French Onion Soup. The burger however was pretty basic, I actually thought it was pretty much just like a Five Guys burger, just less greasy and with fewer toppings options. I have heard great things about the onion rings and that chocolate cake, so I think it's worth trying again!

The Chocolate Cake is amazing. Last we made a special trip to the lounge just to get the cake.

We've eaten at S71 several times since it opened. We don't think it has changed much since then. Of course, the OP could have just been there on a bad night. I think it's always worth trying a place more than once before deciding to write it off.

Steakhouse 71 has become our favorite meal. We've been there 4 times for dinner in the past two years - most recently we ate there last week. I always get the ceasar salad (one of the best ceasar salads I've had anywhwere}, the filet with au gratin potatoes and 15 layer chocolate cake for dessert. The food and service has always been excellent. This has become one of our must-do restaurants.

Hot take, I like it, but not for the steak. Way better steaks to be found on property, but the sides, salads, burger, chicken, and fish, are all quite good.

I do wish the place had a little more style. I find the décor really boring.

But, when we had our excellent Thanksgiving meal there, I was able to position my seat at the table so I could see the football game on tv in the bar. :D

Scattered service quality seems to be an issue there still as many complaints as I see about that.
sadly, as it has been at majority of WDW venues as well as in the real world. Finding employees for service positions is just difficult. It’s nice to see things getting slowly better.
Steakhouse 71 has become our favorite meal. We've been there 4 times for dinner in the past two years - most recently we ate there last week. I always get the ceasar salad (one of the best ceasar salads I've had anywhwere}, the filet with au gratin potatoes and 15 layer chocolate cake for dessert. The food and service has always been excellent. This has become one of our must-do restaurants.
we’ve never had a bad meal there. If we did, wouldn’t hesitate to bring it to the attention of the server or a manager…that tends to make the rounds every time we are there to inquire If we are satisfied. Can’t ask for more IMO.

lunch prices strike me as comparable to MK‘S offerings. Burgers are far better quality and I absolutely enjoy getting out of the hectic park for a breather.

it’s a very modern & brightly lit restaurant, totally different than most old school steakhouses. However, for onsite disney fare/pricing, the steak is solid & that au gratins is one of the few I will touch outside my own home. If I want a stellar steak for double the price, will head offsite…all depends on your expectations I suppose.

The lady at the check-in had attitude and couldn’t find our reservation, no problem we will text you when a table is ready. Got text and table wait time was 2 hours. I wasn’t thinking clearly because I had just got a phone call with bad news. We don’t use the app so I just spaced it, got on MDE and found the reservation #, took it to the lady and she typed it in and magically our table was ready.
Food was good, I got the chicken because I had steak the night before. It is a very small portion, glad we got the brioche rolls.
The restaurant was crowded and very noisy this night. I think I will wait awhile before I go back.

I had dinner there last night….and sadly, I don’t think I was in any position to judge the quality of the food. It was very hot yesterday, and my day at AK really must have wiped me out, between waiting on a long line twice for Kali and just the overall heat. I’m afraid I dozed off between courses, lol…as well, I continued to be congested, so I don’t know how much I tasted.

I did like the French onion soup, but I do think it was a tad salty. I don’t think I loved the Rib eye - not much taste. The Yorkshire pudding was good, though.

I know I’d blathered on about the chocolate cake here, but I just couldn’t imagine eating that, so I ordered the Ambrosia, which to the extend I could taste it, was good.

I did love the decor, unlike some here- it’s very deliberately mid-century modern via 1971..

I will definitely give SH 71 another shot at some point…

Ate here on 5/5 for the first time - and were very much looking forward to it. Baby iceberg wedge salad was inventively presented in 3 smaller portions on a long plate making it easy to share. The filet was cooked perfectly but incredibly OVERseasoned. Side dishes (creamed spinach and asparagus) were very good. A very noisy restaurant and the service was meh. We had to ask about rolls - no suggestions (we asked) from the wine by the glass except for one that was not on the menu (we didn't choose that - no idea of the cost). All in all we don't feel the need to return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter