Steakhouse 71 Should we try it again?

Princess Merida

DIS Veteran
We had dinner at Steakhouse 71 once about a year ago and we were super disappointed. I ordered the NY strip and it was the toughest steak I've ever had. No one in our party of 7 was impressed with their meal. My oldest was in the room not feeling well so I was rushed to get back to her and that may also have contributed to the overall vibe of everything. I see so many people rave about this place and wonder if we should try it again. The burger looks amazing! We just moved our April VGF resort studio trip to a June BLT 1 Bedroom trip and I try to make my dining reservations based on convenience so I would like to eat at the Contemporary. Should we try Steakhouse 71 again?

I have tried it three times now. Each time the food was not great. Once we had good service, twice the service has been awful. One time our sever pretty much ignored us, while the table next to us has great service. While we had lots of employees attending our table last December, the orders were super slow coming out, incorrect and a food court quality. I think that I have finally learned my lesson, and will not go back.

I see so many people rave about this place and wonder if we should try it again. The burger looks amazing! We
I haven’t had dinner there but lunch twice and brunch once. The burger IS amazing! My favorite on property. I’m sad you had a bad dinner experience, maybe try lunch with the burger on your radar.

We went there for lunch and the burger was SO good. I just didn't like the atmosphere of the restaurant. If we go back, maybe we will sit at the bar.

We thought it was nice. Good but not great. It actually really made us miss the Wave which we loved. The food was good but our server was awful. I’d try again I think any restaurant deserves more than one chance

We thought breakfast good but were not that impressed by lunch or dinner.

Service at dinner was wonderful, but that was an exception because our server was from Victoria & Albert's on a filler role until V&A's reopened. Lunch service was dreadful.

Scattered service quality seems to be an issue there still as many complaints as I see about that.

I agree that the restaurant is unbearably loud when crowded.

It may become a breakfast-only for us after our upcoming trip. I agree that another chance is advisable as even the best restaurants can have a bad day.

I'd give it another try. Our first experience wasn't great. We went for lunch and the burgers were good, but the service was really terrible and our crab cake appetizer was very meh. My son ordered a cocktail and it didn't show up until he'd almost finished his entree and was so bad he didn't even finish it. We kind of wrote it off until, like you, we saw lots of people raving about it.

We tried again for dinner and had great service and really good food and drinks all the way around. We've since gone back for lunch twice and again - great service and food. We had dinner at the lounge once as well (love that burger!). I'm really glad we gave it another go.

we had lunch there last August and everyone really enjoyed their food, there were 9 of us and the waiter was wonderful. Sounds like it can be a hit or miss. I do remember the burgers being amazing and I had the Salisbury stead and loved it. Can't remember the rest of the meals.

Service there (and at The Wave previously, too) is very hit and miss. We have had good service (never great) and really, really bad service. Good service in a restaurant is almost as important to me as the food, honestly, but part of that is we are dining with a 3 year old who has a limited attention span and don't book lengthy signature meals for a reason.

Speaking of food only, breakfast and lunch were both solid options (burger was tasty, but would not compete with good burgers offsite IMO). Haven't tried dinner, as it's a slower pace/nicer food than we typically want. Reviews have been mixed.

There isn't anything on their menu worth a travel hassle but since you're staying there, maybe try B or L? Dinner is too pricey to risk it IMO. I'd much rather grab the monorail and head for GF Cafe for dinner.

I’m planning on trying it for lunch and dinner during my trip first week in May - at least for now. I’ll post about it - maybe that will help you decide

I think we will take a look at the breakfast and lunch menus and choose one of those to try this time around. YESSSS to GF Cafe! We always have a meal there every trip no matter where we are staying. Brunch is my favorite!

I think we will take a look at the breakfast and lunch menus and choose one of those to try this time around. YESSSS to GF Cafe! We always have a meal there every trip no matter where we are staying. Brunch is my favorite!

Lunch has become a must do for us. The steak sandwich is so good it’s addicting. As are the onion rings. We did dinner once, my DH loved his fillet but my prime rib was kind of tough. I’d try dinner again but there are so many other places I know we love. I don’t want to skip one of those for something I might not enjoy. I’d rather just stick with lunch.

We were a little skeptical about Steakhouse 71 since many said it's been inconsistent. It's a somewhat newer restaurant and we wanted to try it regardless to see for ourselves, so we had lunch there last month and it was the best meal in our entire trip!😍 From service, timing to the food, superb! If you can, request the server Tim. He was our server and he reminded us what Disney service is like, why is Disney magical and CMs like him is one of the reasons why we keep coming back. He did everything right and more! I made sure to let one of his managers know what a gem he is and Disney is so lucky to have him as a CM. She then told me, I'm not the first to say that and he's one of the fan's favorite as many regulars ask for him, like a lot! I don't doubt it and the next time we go back, Steakhouse 71 is on our must list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter