Steakhouse 71 or Be Our Guest???

Our teen loves Stk71 - their French onion soup is better; the bread (costs extra) is super moist and their steak (have had better) is decent and their amazing in-house nut free (guaranteed by chef himself) chocolate cake.

We usually book it for our Hs day and BOG/Ohana during MK days. STK71 is like any other steakhouse and kids get bored after while. The atmosphere at BOG is just so relaxing and occasionally exciting when the beast walks through. The little ones always have a great time and they’re great with food allergies. Be careful booking 6 pm because they can take 40 mins to seat at that time. Once seated they’re very efficient. Our son ate their vegan dessert in place of the dessert party allergy plate treats (took one bite and refused rest and ate 2 strawberries). I would book around 5 pm. I’m not happy they took the lobster bisque off the menu but their steak is always great (we’ve had 2 bad steaks at STK71; one was triple salted no joke and another couldn’t be cut and service was super slow). The kids enjoy painting the tea cup dessert.

Plus you can add a special dessert trip at BoG

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/

Last edited:
To each there own but after slamming BOG and ST71 for their food quality and then to recommend Prime time and Trex is beyond comprehension to me.
Agreed 100% but I must say that the pulled Pork-a-saurus sandwich at T-Rex beats Whispering Canyon/Roaring Fork. I was so amazed I told the manager and he told me it is the original recipe as the first T-Rex location in Kansas City, even though another corporation bought it out. I would not recommend eating else at T-Rex unless you hate pulled pork and are into Dinosaurs.

I’m staying at BLT, but even if I wasn’t, I would make it there for dinner! If you want a quieter slow down dinner, SH71 for sure! I like both but food quality is better at SH 71, so I guess it’s all about what y’all are looking for!

I have both booked, but I don't need both. And also heard BOG is not that great and that SH71 is delish!
Which one do you like best? Mind you, I have two boys ages 5 and 3 who do like the beast. I think Steakhouse 71 is more for adults--? We're also doing chef mickey, woodys BBQ, t-rex, rainforest cafe, space 220, 50s prime time. So my boys are going to experience lots of kid fun restaurants.
Thanks!
I think BOG is better when considering kids. Much more environmental friendly in my opinion. Steakhouse 71 does have better food, but I personally prefer BOG due to being in the park and atmosphere, imo. Hope that helps too!

We took our 2yo & 6yo to steakhouse 71 last Nov and they were very bored lol. Also, my kids and I LOVE steak however, none of us cared for the seasoning on them. My kids found it overpowering and they didn't eat much. I would pick BOG.

We did SH71 last year and it was a one and done - it was fine but nothing special. The dining room ambience is what you would expect in a mall or airport. Our BOG meals were very good but it sure was loud in there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter