• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Steakhouse 55 Permanently Closed

Ugh, that is (or I guess was :-( ) our favorite restaurant on property and was always our first dinner the first night of our trip. This is awful news

We loved Steakhouse 55 in April 2019, and assumed that the next time we came to Disney, we would not only enjoy another spectacular dinner there, we would try breakfast, and perhaps tea...NOT.

Those of us that cannot afford a Disneyland or WDW trip more often than every couple of years (so we can save up for the $8,000-$10,000 deluxe price tag) really need to fit in all of our favorite experiences on every trip because we never know when they will disappear forever. ☹
Thank you for writing this. I remember well all your trip planning for your DLR visit! SO glad you got to have a special dinner at S55 so that you know what made it a magical place.

I would encourage the posters in this thread to send comments to DLR management, too -- they need to hear that guests care and why. Even if S55 won't be returning in its original format, at least management will be hearing about what guests feel is important and why.

What I think will happen to the Steakhouse 55 spot is Disneyland Hotel will add another restaurant in it's place and most likely it will be these options,
1. A family restaurant without character dining,
2. A French cafe similar to Victoria And Albert's in WDW,
3. A seafood restaurant
4. A country music dance club like the old Neon Cactus club Disneyland Hotel used to have a long time ago,
But more than likely it will be an extension of Goofy's Kitchen with more tables and a outdoor seating patio. But as I mentioned earlier in my previous post Disneyland Hotel is in dire need of an Italian restaurant and with an Italian restaurant it would be a hit with everyone alike

Guessing it’s going to be Goofys Kitchen extension. New high end restaurant when or where the DVC tower will be.

Separate note Dlh needs to expand the indoor part of Trader Sams into its outdoor portion. Do not understand why it hasn’t been done already.

Guessing it’s going to be Goofys Kitchen extension. New high end restaurant when or where the DVC tower will be.

Separate note Dlh needs to expand the indoor part of Trader Sams into its outdoor portion. Do not understand why it hasn’t been done already.

Isn’t the bottom floor of the DVC tower an open lounge? I didn’t see any restaurant space in the renderings.

2. A French cafe similar to Victoria And Albert's in WDW,

I laughed because why on earth is there a French cafe named after a German monarch (and her husband) of the United Kingdom…in Florida :crazy:

I laughed because why on earth is there a French cafe named after a German monarch (and her husband) of the United Kingdom…in Florida :crazy:

Well, the original Hotel Del IS designed in the Victorian/American Queen Anne style…. So at least the name fits.

I'm beyond devastated at the news.

I went for the Afternoon Tea at every opportunity , and had done every themed seasonal tea party.
I can't express how much I will miss this iconic restaurant and the amazing regular staff I came to know and love.

Isn’t the bottom floor of the DVC tower an open lounge? I didn’t see any restaurant space in the renderings.

V&A's is not a "French cafe." What a weird description. It's a super, duper high end 5 star dining experience. French cafe....SMH.

I got to speak to someone this morning during the DLH Grand Reopening who confirmed it, but gave me hope with the comment "When we take something out, we try to replace it with something better." I can only hope.

That's such an upper management thing to say. :teeth:

I am planning a trip for 2022 and was hoping to do the afternoon tea. Hopefully another place will be the new location for the afternoon tea.

I agree! My daughters and I loved doing afternoon teas there, especially when they are themed (Halloween time was awesome). I sure hope Disney will put another real restaurant not a buffet in there. (I'm looking at you, Storytellers). I am a cook from scratch mom, so when I go on vacation, that means I want to eat in a restaurant that brings my food to me, waits on me and all I have to do is think about what else I want to do, not, get up and wait in a cattle line for picking up generic foods. Ugh. Disney, please live up to your name and the cost you charge.

I agree! My daughters and I loved doing afternoon teas there, especially when they are themed (Halloween time was awesome). I sure hope Disney will put another real restaurant not a buffet in there. (I'm looking at you, Storytellers). I am a cook from scratch mom, so when I go on vacation, that means I want to eat in a restaurant that brings my food to me, waits on me and all I have to do is think about what else I want to do, not, get up and wait in a cattle line for picking up generic foods. Ugh. Disney, please live up to your name and the cost you charge.

Sing it, Sister!!!!!

Storytellers isn't a buffet anymore. We had breakfast there last weekend and it was a fixed price with 4 courses and it was GREAT. At $29/person it was SO much food!

Storytellers isn't a buffet anymore. We had breakfast there last weekend and it was a fixed price with 4 courses and it was GREAT. At $29/person it was SO much food!

Still too spendy for me. There is no way I can eat $29.00 worth of breakfast. Before the buffet was started I could get a reasonable-sized breakfast at Storytellers for around $15.00 by ordering a la carte.

Still too spendy for me. There is no way I can eat $29.00 worth of breakfast. Before the buffet was started I could get a reasonable-sized breakfast at Storytellers for around $15.00 by ordering a la carte.

Oh, yeah for sure. I didn't NEED as much food as they served, but I felt like it was a great value, honestly. It was all super well prepared food and everything was very fresh. The fruit plate alone was worth like $15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter