*STEAK* Need Suggestions

Gordon Gekko

Mouseketeer
Hello All, we travel every year for our anniversary in October and eat at Yachstman Steakhouse for the occasion. Sadly it doesn't look like this will be an option this year. Of what is open; any recommendations for a special anniversary dinner (including steak of course). The rest of our trip is Boathouse, Cali Grill and Topolino's (new one for us). Thanks!

My husband and I had excellent beef tenderloins at The Wave last week and the bacon and eggs appetizer was incredible. The atmosphere is just so so and nothing uniquely Disney but the service and food quality made up for it. It will be a must do on all our future trips.

We're going in November and my husband's favorite steak on property is the tomahawk at Flying Fish. Unfortunately, that's closed so we made a reservation at Shulas. It'll be a first for us but I've heard great things about it

I just ate at Topolino's last weekend and the filet with truffled mashed potato was :love: I think it's possible that Yachtsman could open by your trip ... last weekend the door was open and they were replacing the furniture (it had been converted to hold pool tables for the NBA). If the Dolphin and Shula's is open, that could be a good option. If willing to head just off property (but still very close), Bull and Bear at the Waldorf (currently only operating on weekends) and Capa at the Four Seasons are both incredible and are definitely special occasion worthy. The Four Seasons resort, in particular, is gorgeous and worth spending some time walking around the resort and enjoying the rooftop bar. Lastly another Disney Springs restaurant that I would say is well worthy of a special occasion (& has a great steak) is Wine Bar George. Happy anniversary! Hope you have a fun trip!!

We had lovely steaks last year at LeCellier in Epcot... might be worth a go... its a smaller restaurant and felt very intimate.

The filet at California Grill is pricey but absolutely worth it. It's unfortunate there are no fireworks at the moment, but I'd still pick CG.

It depends on what you would normally order at Yachtsman. I don't care for filet, which is often the only steak on the menu anywhere else that has a steak. If filet is your thing, plenty of Disney restaurants will work. Shula's has several different cuts, along with prime rib, so that's where we go, even when Yachtman is open.

I just ate at Topolino's last weekend and the filet with truffled mashed potato was :love: I think it's possible that Yachtsman could open by your trip ... last weekend the door was open and they were replacing the furniture (it had been converted to hold pool tables for the NBA). If the Dolphin and Shula's is open, that could be a good option. If willing to head just off property (but still very close), Bull and Bear at the Waldorf (currently only operating on weekends) and Capa at the Four Seasons are both incredible and are definitely special occasion worthy. The Four Seasons resort, in particular, is gorgeous and worth spending some time walking around the resort and enjoying the rooftop bar. Lastly another Disney Springs restaurant that I would say is well worthy of a special occasion (& has a great steak) is Wine Bar George. Happy anniversary! Hope you have a fun trip!!
Thanks so much! I can't even think about pool tables in Yachtsman (what a waste!) lol. I totally forgot about Waldorf; we stayed a few times years back but for sure a great option!

It depends on what you would normally order at Yachtsman. I don't care for filet, which is often the only steak on the menu anywhere else that has a steak. If filet is your thing, plenty of Disney restaurants will work. Shula's has several different cuts, along with prime rib, so that's where we go, even when Yachtman is open.
Aged bone-in ribeye is absolutely the best steak (IMO). Everything is massive at Yachtsman so we order that and a few sides to share.

Having gone to WDW for a good 15 years, twice per year....

If you desire serious steak?

1) Shula's
2) Bull & Bear (slightly off site - cab or car).
3) CAPA (slightly off site - cab or car). This was a new, glorious location for us.
4) CA Grill.

The rest is either closed, or shoe leather. 1,2,3 can be booked via OPEN TABLE. No need to fool with the broken WDW system.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

The actual steak at Le Cellier is glorious. The rest of the items are just so so. But the steak is so good that I still go back. Overall, though, (and taking current options into consideration) I'd go with Shula's if I were you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter