• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying in Poly villas, but not DVC member...

stretch828

stretch
Hi
I'm heading back to the world once again! DH has always wanted to stay at the Poly, so I looked into it. The only room available during our dates is the new studio villa, garden view. All of the research I have done for this room category points back to the DVC. From what I can gather, these rooms were renovated and are now part of the DVC. Obviously, not all of the rooms have been bought up by members since I am able to book through the Disney website.

I am not a DVC member and I have no plans to become one. Is there going to be some type of sales pitch when I'm there to try to get me to sign up? I just want to enjoy my vacation without any type of hassle.

Thanks!

No sales pitch from dvc. Disney always rents villas not everything is own by dvc. You could also try to rent points if you will like to save some money.

Thank you for the info. I didn't know what to expect.
I never looked into renting points for a room. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin. If I would do that, will my reservation still show up on MDE? Then I would just add park tix to the reservation? I'll do some research.

If you rent points, either from an agency or a DVC owner it will show up on MDE. If you get the room from Disney it will be just like having a resort room. If you rent points, it is like you are a DVC member. You will only get mousekeeping every 3rd or 4th day, none of the amenities will be refilled unless you call and ask for them. You can pay for mousekeeping if you want. Again, if you go through Disney at a higher rate, you don't have to worry about this. If you rent points, more often then not, you pay up front and it is non-refundable.

Thank you, thank you. Wow, I didn't know mousekeeping wasn't daily for DVC. I have lots of homework to do know :scared:

Thank you, thank you. Wow, I didn't know mousekeeping wasn't daily for DVC. I have lots of homework to do know :scared:
Much, if not all of the information you need to make an informed decision can be found on one of the point-renting broker web sites such as David's or DVC-Rental.

If you book through Disney and have what everyone calls a "cash reservation," you WILL get daily housekeeping service. It's just like if you stayed in a non-DVC Poly room. We're not DVC, but we've stayed at BWV and SSR a few times. The housekeeping is just as if you stayed in a non-DVC room. It's only if you're renting points that you don't have the daily service.

Be aware that many, if not most, of the garden view studios are now overlooking the quiet pool construction area. Your view will be of construction if you are in one of those studios, if that matters to you.
The Poly Villa Studios have 1 Queen bed, a Queen sleep sofa, and a single pull down bed. There is a small kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, bar sink, toaster and coffee maker. They supply ceramic coffee mugs and paper plates etc. They have a walk in shower separate from the bathroom with a tub shower combo (so 2 bathing spaces - 1 toilet).
Renting points is a fairly firm commitment. Often you can not receive a refund if you need to cancel. Rooms book far in advance - 7 to 11 months in advance. If you rent you will receive Trash and Tidy service only on day 4 of a 7 night or less stay. If you stay more than 8 nights you will receive a full cleaning on day 4 and Trash & Tidy on day 8. On a DVC stay they only supply coffee, soaps, shampoo etc with Trash & Tidy and service. If you need more supplies you need to buy them
As stated above, if you reserve through CRO (Disney direct not a points rental) it is treated as a regular hotel room stay with daily housekeeping and daily restocking of supplies.
Head over to the DVC boards for more info.

Thank you everyone. I looked into David's and the DVC rental store, unfortunately they did not have anything for my dates. It was a long shot considering it's only a little over 2 months away.
So now I need to decide if I keep my FD reservation at CSR or to fork over extra to try the Poly and make DH happy :lovestruc

Be aware that many, if not most, of the garden view studios are now overlooking the quiet pool construction area. Your view will be of construction if you are in one of those studios, if that matters to you.
The Poly Villa Studios have 1 Queen bed, a Queen sleep sofa, and a single pull down bed. There is a small kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, bar sink, toaster and coffee maker. They supply ceramic coffee mugs and paper plates etc. They have a walk in shower separate from the bathroom with a tub shower combo (so 2 bathing spaces - 1 toilet).
Renting points is a fairly firm commitment. Often you can not receive a refund if you need to cancel. Rooms book far in advance - 7 to 11 months in advance. If you rent you will receive Trash and Tidy service only on day 4 of a 7 night or less stay. If you stay more than 8 nights you will receive a full cleaning on day 4 and Trash & Tidy on day 8. On a DVC stay they only supply coffee, soaps, shampoo etc with Trash & Tidy and service. If you need more supplies you need to buy them
As stated above, if you reserve through CRO (Disney direct not a points rental) it is treated as a regular hotel room stay with daily housekeeping and daily restocking of supplies.
Head over to the DVC boards for more info.

There is no garden view studio classification. They are either standard view or lake view.

Standard view buildings are:

Pago Pago - one side parking lot view, the other side garden view.
Moorea - garden view one side (other side is lake view)
Tokelau - garden view one side, pool construction other side.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/polymap.htm

Tokelau is the long building next to Moorea. Not labeled on the map because it was closed earlier this year but opened in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter