staying at Universal/FOTL????

allijo

Earning My Ears
Hi all, this is my first time to this message board. Have been to Disney many a time. This year was also thinking abouot a few days at Universal. Was unclear about FOTL. If I only stay one night on grounds do I get FOTL for 2 days or is it only good between check in and check out? If we aren't ariving until late at night would I be better of staying off site and then moving on site the next day (for 1 night)? Am looking forward to a 5 day stay at POR as well but thought my 6 year old might like Universal as well. Appreciate any advice or suggestions. We'll be there at the end of March so I expect the crowds to be fairly heavy.

You get two full days of FOTL with one night's stay. Check in as early as possible (they will give you a number to call to keep checking if your room is ready) to get your room keys which are your FOTL passes. You can use these passes until closing the next day!

We've stayed off-site (at the airport) when we've arrived late and we've also stayed on-site. If you can get a good rate, stay on-site. It is so nice waking up and being able to head over to the parks right away.

Make sure you ask for any available discounts when you call to book your room. There are many different types available. The entertainment rate is usually the best.

allijo--when we were there last month we stayed off site the first night for that reason. We stayed at the Sleep Inn directly across the street from Universal on Major Blvd. (About $38 through Hotel Kingdom--rate included continental b'fast in a fun Universal themed dining room. I would stay here again). I checked us into HRH at 7:20 AM the next day so we would have FOTL all day. Waited until about 4PM for our room but didn't care since we already had the magical key! Left swimsuits accessible so DS could go swimming before we got into our room.

Let me see if I get this stright. I can stay off site but get to the on-site hotel early am and even though we won't be able to get into our room we can get FOTL passes (ot whatever you call them). Honestly I am not too worried about getting into the room but mostly the FFOTL. I am trying to be as budget conscience as possible.

I found a rate online for Royal Pacific for $189 (for March 25, 26th) Anyone seen anything better?

164 using the Fan club rate at the Loews web site.I would book it and then go to the Fan Club post to find out how to get a card. The card also gives you a discount on food and purchases in the park.

Originally posted by allijo
Let me see if I get this stright. I can stay off site but get to the on-site hotel early am and even though we won't be able to get into our room we can get FOTL passes (ot whatever you call them). Honestly I am not too worried about getting into the room but mostly the FFOTL. I am trying to be as budget conscience as possible.
Yes, you have that right. Just go to the on-site hotel VERY early and check in. They will give you the magic key even if your room isn't ready. You have FOTL all day that day and the next. It can't be beat!

mattkatie-how much discount with the fan club card and is it specific restaurants and shops?

Checked into the fan club- you can only access this through your employer (the HR Dept.) Funny thing was able to do so through the company just to find out that that discount is not available anymore for those dates. Thanks for the thoughts. Any other ideas for discounted On-site Universal hotels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter