Staying at Grand Californian-Should I do online check-in or in person?

OKC Disney Fan

Mouseketeer
I'm eligible for on line check-in in a few days. The only special request we have made is 2 connecting rooms. Is there a consensus for which is the better option for check in (online or in person at the desk) as far as possibility of getting a better room? A potential upgrade? More likely to get our connecting rooms? Room available earlier?

Especially if you are arriving fairly early in the day, I would lean toward in-person check-in for this scenario. Share your excitement and tell them you would like to wait for connecting rooms, if possible., instead of taking first available.

If your rooms are not ready, they should be able to confirm if you have been assigned connecting rooms already (but they won't be able to give you a room number-- that will come by text once ready). And, if not assigned connecting rooms, they might be able to make some adjustments depending on hotel occupancy. We've had it go both ways on different occasions. :thumbsup2

This is a really good question that I had also! We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel this time (first time ever!), but I heard mixed reports on whether checking in online was a good idea. We'll be arriving later in the day (probably 6pm?) so hoping we'll get a good room. We booked CL Premium View, so hopefully all the rooms in that category have a good view!

I didn’t know I had this question until someone else asked it! 😂 We are arriving in the morning and was going to check in online to try to head to the parks ASAP. Is there a reason not to do that? We have no special room requests.

I didn’t know I had this question until someone else asked it! 😂 We are arriving in the morning and was going to check in online to try to head to the parks ASAP. Is there a reason not to do that? We have no special room requests.
If you have no special requests or concerns, there is no reason not to do online check-in. And, you may even get your room earlier. You should receive a text with your room number (when it's ready) and you can use mobile key for your room. If you want a hard plastic key (for kids to use at the room/pool, for example) then you need to follow up with the front desk, but you can do that anytime when there is no line at check-in.

Mobile key works reasonably well and is kind of fun. But, I do like having a couple plastic keys.

This is a really good question that I had also! We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel this time (first time ever!), but I heard mixed reports on whether checking in online was a good idea. We'll be arriving later in the day (probably 6pm?) so hoping we'll get a good room. We booked CL Premium View, so hopefully all the rooms in that category have a good view!

Do online checkin. CL Premium View have some of the best views at DLH.

We’re here now. We always do the online check in before arriving but always go to the front desk when arriving to pick up keys and we also ask for a certain area for rooms. This way we can make sure that we get those rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter