Staying at AKL. Is traveling to Whispering Canyon worth it?

vivianmarie244

Mouseketeer
I've heard that breakfast is really good at Whispering Canyon. We normally like to have at least one hearty TS breakfast during our trip and do the rest at QS. We loved going to Cape May and then doing Epcot for the day. Would Whispering Canyon be worth it with the travel from AKL? If so, what's the best route through Disney transportation?

Bus to MK then boat to WL
or if AK is open (depending on hours) can go there then transfer to a wo bus.

always allow 90 minutes to go resort to resort using Disney transportation

or 15 minutes in an Uber or lift and 10-15$

Yes! Whispering Canyon is a must. I love Cape May too and needs to open back up.

I think it's only worth if it you have lots of time on your hands and don't mind missing rope drop/low crowds. Getting there is a huge pain if you are not able/willing to use Uber or Lyft.

IMO breakfast there is basic breakfast food, and about the same as anywhere on property. Lunch and dinner are where the food differs to me. We've never seen "antics" at breakfast, either, but it's been 100% of the time with lunch and dinner. Could have just hit it at odd times, though.

I think it's only worth if it you have lots of time on your hands and don't mind missing rope drop/low crowds. Getting there is a huge pain if you are not able/willing to use Uber or Lyft.

IMO breakfast there is basic breakfast food, and about the same as anywhere on property. Lunch and dinner are where the food differs to me. We've never seen "antics" at breakfast, either, but it's been 100% of the time with lunch and dinner. Could have just hit it at odd times, though.

We only plan to go on one of the two days we are spending in Epcot. At this time, they open at 11 so we have some time to waste. And we run a pretty laid back vacation so rope drop has never been important to us. :) I agree, breakfast is pretty much the same fare everywhere. But with the absence of buffets, this seemed like a good alternative and a different atmosphere than other places.

We only plan to go on one of the two days we are spending in Epcot. At this time, they open at 11 so we have some time to waste. And we run a pretty laid back vacation so rope drop has never been important to us. :) I agree, breakfast is pretty much the same fare everywhere. But with the absence of buffets, this seemed like a good alternative and a different atmosphere than other places.

Yeah, that late opening at Epcot is a new challenge... Definitely makes it easier to take your time in the morning, though!

I would also take a look at Trattoria! We had a really lovely breakfast there recently and found their menu to be a little more unique (if it appeals to your family at all). And you would be right there at Epcot.

We really enjoy breakfast at WCC. This was before COVID but we always went once a trip and had the first ADR of the day which had there some antics. If we were not staying in the MK area took a cab to get there.

I've heard that breakfast is really good at Whispering Canyon. We normally like to have at least one hearty TS breakfast during our trip and do the rest at QS. We loved going to Cape May and then doing Epcot for the day. Would Whispering Canyon be worth it with the travel from AKL? If so, what's the best route through Disney transportation?
Have you been to wilderness lodge before? I haven’t done whispering canyon but I did take time to go to geyeser point and would say I very much enjoyed just seeing the resort so may be worth the trip just for that. Added bonus I happened across pete and fiasco from the dis youtube series when visiting but your experience may vary haha.

If Boma is open when you are there (no idea when it will open), I would do that.
If it is still closed, then Bus to MK then boat to WL

Long term Whispering Canyon fan. That said, during my visits over the past two years I haven’t been wowed by the food quality.

Do I keep going. Yes. Momentum is a powerful force.

We enjoy WCC, but its not convenient in the morning. With limited bus capacity currently, you'd have to contend with crowds going to MK from AKL and then transfer to the boat to WL from MK. If you're willing to take an Uber there, it would be good stop, but I would not do it relying on Disney transportation in the morning.

WCC is fun, but it is definitely not worth the amount of time it would take you to get there using Disney transportation. If you would consider using a car service (taxi, uber, Lyft), otherwise, I wouldn't do it.

WCC is fun, but it is definitely not worth the amount of time it would take you to get there using Disney transportation. If you would consider using a car service (taxi, uber, Lyft), otherwise, I wouldn't do it.
I agree. It is worth a few extra dollars to avoid the travel headache.

I say "yes" the trip is worth it. MT is the best server ever!!! She is so much fun and so funny!!! We have had such a great time taking unsuspecting friends to WC. We alwasy request MT and slip her a note about a few antics. She always delivers the laughs!! And the food is great. Be sure to order cornbread if you like that sort of thing. It is melt in your mouth and they will share the recipe. I would consider WC on a day that you have scheduled MK. Take bus to MK then boat over to Wilderness Lodge. After breakfast - back to the Kingdom for the day. Trail's End is another hearty place to have a GREAT breakfast. However, it is a buffet so I am sure it is closed now. We love TE as it is a best kept secret with great food and the best price. (PS. The breakfast skillet at WC is VERY hearty. You won't need much for lunch if anything.)

If you have time to kill, a trip to Wilderness Lodge is always worth it just to see it and take in the sights there. It's a beautiful resort. I don't think breakfast at WC is going to be a whole lot different than what you can get elsewhere in the parks though. I also would recommend taking an Uber/Lyft and not wasting the hour plus amount of time and hassle it will take you using Disney transportation.

I like WCC. If you want to go there, I would take a Lyft from AKV on a MK day. Then, you can take the boat to MK after.
I also really enjoy Kona at the Poly or the Wave at CR. They are good for an MK day too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter